• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Have your buddy play, say Yakal, in that MU. Pew Pew Pew. It's not a good MU for DK, good for him if he beats Falco players a lot, MU isn't great.

Why would Fox be scared of Fireballs? You set them up for what? Your SH B approach? Doing fireballs basically gets you pelted with lasers, assuming a non tiny stage at least. You guys are a little too fascinated with that move I think...

(For Falco vs Zelda that's what I meant. You sit there and wait for his approach and try to beat it. He goes for a Dair, you stick out a smash or B beforehand, etc)

I also am generally not that impressed with Zelda (Negative nancy #1), and she's very hit or miss. You either wall someone out very effectively, or you flop vs their character and try not to get wrecked with some combination of *lucky* B, Smash Up/Side, and Tilt. She's not very flexible in changing her gameplan, either working really well because Luigi just hates her range, or working really bad because Sheik is all up in her grillz.
So Yakal is the best of the best? We should only consider him/her regarding the matchup? wtf

If Fox gets hit by a fireball, tech chase into a grab -> upthrow -> win lol
If Fox gets hit by a fireball explosion, good damage, and it pops him up for a Fair or Bair

This isn't theory, I've managed to do it

Use platforms to set up fireballs, you don't want to just sit there and set them up while a Fox or Falco is lazering you, you have to find the right time, she doesn't even need to use her Din's fire for a spacie matchups honestly, I rarely bothered with them

And that's a horrible idea for an approaching Falco, that'll get you KOed easy

You're not meant to wall with Zelda, you set up traps, even without that she has a reliable means of killing, try timing her Nayru on the ground, Frame 1 is invincible, I switch from pure defense to offense, worked for me, and tech chasing with her up-B is good too

You haven't convinced me she's not good against spacies at all, especially since I did very well against them

Whatever though it was just my advice to try DK and Zelda against spacies, don't really care if anyone bothers or not, was just trying to help

Just got a random idea playing SM64 today.

What if we gave Mario a glide?
Mario is fantastic as he is IMO, doesn't need any more buffs/options

People really exaggerate how good Falco is at camping. o_O His lasers are unsafe at close range and DK is pretty fast.
This, and try playing against someone who Powershield reflects the lazers 70% of the time, huge pain in the ass

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You guys should add Yoshi to the game and allow his egg lay to instead of turning them into an egg every time, have the egg thing an option while also allowing yoshi to instead do a throw (not down though or that would be op). Also, when the opponent is in an egg, if Yoshi hits them, make the attack hit them out of the egg like the move normally would to punish people that dont break out or try to stay in the egg. Also, allow him to cancel out of or into egg roll in some way (like shield into egg roll would be awesome, especially if it put egg roll immediately at half speed or so or you could cancel out of it in some way, but having both could get op real easy).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People really exaggerate how good Falco is at camping. o_O His lasers are unsafe at close range and DK is pretty fast.
Oh I know, Falco won't do squat but Zelda? Now that's a useful projectile right there folks. Creating webs not even a Spacie can handle.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I offered a fixed versions months ago... Another has been on brawlvault for close to a year now. I doubt the stage will be accepted even as a fixed version.
This^
The good version of Orpheon is likely my favorite stage, and the favorite of many locals.
Haven't even put it on our 2.5 copies yet though, we barely play, but maybe we'd play more if it was there again. haha

Falco isn't unbreakable, and that wasn't the best reference in terms of optimal Falco players. He's cool though, love that guy.
60-40 for Falco is still too steep.

Dedede works against EVERYONE, amirite?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Oh I know, Falco won't do squat but Zelda? Now that's a useful projectile right there folks. Creating webs not even a Spacie can handle.
I never said anything about Zelda's projectiles. :[

Kati

Smash Lord
No Vashimus, you are thinking of another's proposal of a fixed orpheon. That guy offered frozen resized versions of both halves, but had to import their model and background over another stage's base or something, which caused a loss of the stage's lighting in the process. Nausica and I put together a version that is still very much Orpheon. The stage still flips platforms that pop out from the sides are gone, and the "elevator" as was aptly described earlier is both solid (with a rounded bottom corner) and grabbable from the right. I experimented with having grabbable ledges on the right on the first phase: on on the elevator and one of the main stage itself, but attacking with zair caused characters to grapple to the stage rather than hit the opponent. I also tweaked the collisions so that bottom corners on all parts of the stage do not have ceiling colliions, allowing for fair recoveries.

*edit*

ba-boom:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1230/al1211141826binout.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?x2n8v9em9oy29p3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not you Jolteon. Everyone and their grandma hamming away about Din's Fire. Like you see 95% of lists have Fox and Falco in the top 3, but apparently they are just mindless goons who can't handle the tricky trick-ness that comes to life whenever Zelda throws out her pulsating projectile of Hyrulian Rage. Meanwhile she's approaching people with SH B like the true terror Ganon sees her to be, also crossing up shields with Fair to Dair and having close to 0 flaws as a character since you are BONED my friend if she ever gets those Red Orbs of Shame out on the field, which never goes unpunished and is *totally* always productive and forces the other person to approach or else they take damage from a mystical life draining force that doesn't like when you dodge her projectile traps or don't approach her sloppy for free damage. True story, if you sit there after Zelda sets up Side B, the game literally will start to damage you if Zelda doesn't get a hit in the next 5 seconds. 70-30 MU Zelda's favor every character.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
That's not the one I was talking about Kati, but that's good too.

I like the one that's only the SECOND transformation, which might be (?) the one you're talking about that's re-sized, though maybe not.
I'll try finding the link, as I only have it downloaded and can't remember where it came from.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Hey guys, if anyone is interested in the Tales of series, I will be streaming a playthrough of Tales of Symphonia later on this week (most likely on Thursday or Friday), tune in to www.twitch.tv/jolte0n to watch it.

B.W.

Smash Champion
No Vashimus, you are thinking of another's proposal of a fixed orpheon. That guy offered frozen resized versions of both halves, but had to import their model and background over another stage's base or something, which caused a loss of the stage's lighting in the process. Nausica and I put together a version that is still very much Orpheon. The stage still flips platforms that pop out from the sides are gone, and the "elevator" as was aptly described earlier is both solid (with a rounded bottom corner) and grabbable from the right. I experimented with having grabbable ledges on the right on the first phase: on on the elevator and one of the main stage itself, but attacking with zair caused characters to grapple to the stage rather than hit the opponent. I also tweaked the collisions so that bottom corners on all parts of the stage do not have ceiling colliions, allowing for fair recoveries.

*edit*

ba-boom:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1230/al1211141826binout.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?x2n8v9em9oy29p3
****ing awesome. I love the stage, but not being able to grab the stage on the right side is janky as hell. There's really no reason this shouldn't be put into P:M officially.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Next to nothing will ever make me like Orpheon and Lylat Cruise, I just hate the everything: I hate that one lava place the most though

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Is it really that bright?
I have textures over it, so not even authentic Orpheon looking anyway.
Pretty sure that's re-sized, but it's very malleable if editing needs to be done (brightness lol)

Edit: I was trying to deal with that Bowser Castle stage and the extra SSE stuff out of view, but I can't open it (420mAdvFinal23b.mdl0) with Blender and don't have any way of working with it otherwise (this is my bros comp since mine exploded)
Have you taken a look at it Kati?

To me, it looks pretty simple, in that there's some SSE extending to the right, basically just a single model that's a lot bigger than it needs to be. I'm not sure that's the issue, as it really doesn't seem like enough (it's all static/not much for substance) to make it lag, and I'd assume it's the lighting and particle fancipants stuff he has going on, but you wanna take a peak at it?

That would be a sweet stage to get going.

Editedit: I haven't actually played on it/put it on an SD card yet anyway. haha

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
It truly is. Who wants to play on such a gigantic stage? I don't care for any of the top row stages, really. Well, some of them are ok, but I feel we should not be content with ok stages.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I think the bottom two rows are sufficient in terms of stage variety anyway. Why scrape the bottom of the barrel?

The only thing missing from the front page is Rainbow Cruise. Clearly the best stage in the game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rainbow Cruise should just be the ship and the magic carpets. That's all we want anyways right?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Anyone else notice that Pirate Ship is just really big Rainbow Cruise, except at sea and you never actually leave the ship?

That said Pirate Ship should be made legal by removing the stupid catapult, making the bomb hazards not have a hitbox (because it's cool if they still attack the ship), and make the part where you get thrown into the air not effect gravity.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I support that 100%. Pirate ship is an awesome stage, and I don't like Rainbow Cruise. Too much jumping around involved when I wanna play Smash bros.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
How about just effect gravity a little less than it currently does, is that possible?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
alright so its agreed

scrap norfair and sse jungle and put in Picto/Orpheon

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
okok, so whats the third stage to get the hell out?

i nominate that stupid looking sonic stage

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
I actually like that stage, mainly due to the music. :[

Hell I haven't even switch any brstms out either. I just generally enjoy most Sonic soundtracks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pokefloats is hype if people are actually trying to fight. It's not everyday that you get to fight on top of a ****in Goldeen ya know

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Were I the person fully in charge of stage list I would straight up remove entire top row minus Metal Cavern, Green Hill Zone. I'd also tweak the platforms on Skyworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom