• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
guys, shadic said i could be in the PMBR, and because i absolutely fanny blasted him with GNW, i can invite two other people, who wants to join?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Did you do it over Wifi?

Because you don't know the kind of monster I am when that **** goes down

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
just to clear up tho, he said PMBR stands for Project M Bitch Room

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
A room is a room mother ******

You're either in or you're out

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
It depends what kind of Prophet you're looking to play. The carry role Prophet is a little out dated, but functional in pubs. I personally gravitate to playing a pure utility role, things like Mek/Sheepstick/ganking lots. Usually soloing the off-lane, instead of the jungle standard. I just find he doesn't farm it fast enough to be effective early on.
I don't play pubs often, and this is all a lot easier with an organized team, but it works in pubs if your team is competent too. Nothing quite like a rushed Midas to Mek/Shiva global roamer.

As far as duels with carries, TP in and opening with Orchid on a solo-gank attempt is likely the most effective thing you can do. Other disables and damage following that have much greater effect after a good, uninterpretable-by-spells burst like that.

Edit: and lol that plant's got roots!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
guys, shadic said i could be in the PMBR, and because i absolutely fanny blasted him with GNW, i can invite two other people, who wants to join?
Would that I could drive. Until then I'll happily support your inclusion.

9 Cheating *******.

I gathered that it was a video game, smartass. I meant what kind of game. Shooter, MMO, fighting game, etc. It looks like a Starcraft/Age of Empires hybrid from the screenshots.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It depends what kind of Prophet you're looking to play. The carry role Prophet is a little out dated, but functional in pubs. I personally gravitate to playing a pure utility role, things like Mek/Sheepstick/ganking lots. Usually soloing the off-lane, instead of the jungle standard. I just find he doesn't farm it fast enough to be effective early on.
I don't play pubs often, and this is all a lot easier with an organized team, but it works in pubs if your team is competent too. Nothing quite like a rushed Midas to Mek/Shiva global roamer.

As far as duels with carries, TP in and opening with Orchid on a solo-gank attempt is likely the most effective thing you can do. Other disables and damage following that have much greater effect after a good, uninterpretable-by-spells burst like that.

Edit: and lol that plant's got roots!
Are you sure? Generally in tournament I see them still jungling and still going carry (or trying to). Besides a few variations, it's like Midas Treads Shadow Blade for the core. Early on sure his jungling isn't fast, but Treants are semi broken for tanking ****. You get that quick Midas and it's off to the races lol.

It's where 5 people per team spend and hour killing NPCs that move in straight lines and circlejerk about how awesome they are.
Hey! The day minions and mobs walk around with no gold, is the day I stop playing. They left the safety of their base, with a ****in fat bag of gold. Their own damn fault.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Those are the exceptions obviously, but I'd rather watch snake man http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0vVCSUafFVI#t=297s vs the epitome of man-children swearing and cussing while they play WoW/LoL/Dota 2/Diablo 3 instead of even real games like Legions OverDrive and Urban Terror
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u66zNcS1g7s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8yoh0dfzWE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qYr13bLv80
You essentially just called the most popular RPG games on PC "fake" games?

I just don't see why any same human being would say that without wanting to look incredibly stupid... Especially on a forum based entirely around competition - something which thrives in all of the games you mentioned (not so sure about D3, didn't play it)

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I never understood people saying SM64 doesn't stand well over time. The gamefeel is still spot on even for the aged graphics and glitches abound.

SM64 is a great game to watch and the physics look really open ended but I'm great at 2D platformers and TERRIBLE at 3D ones so that game has always been the most whack Mario game to me.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Nature's Profit, he just gets money all game. haha
It's trendy that he's 'carry' material more than utility right now. They come and go, but nothing has been more effective in public 'tournament' play than when he's absolved into a meta-game in a more utility and ganking role. The way Ehome used him with a Storm/Doom trio in TI1 is a good example of how Furi can make full impact on a game. Carry-style is reliable (it's going to happen) but not optimal, in a way.

Smash is good I heard.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I dunno dude. We should have some sort of barcraft/smashfest event next MLG or whatever. I barely watch SC2 anymore but those weekend tournaments can be pretty hype

SunJester

Smash Ace
I recently replayed Super Mario 64. I didn't finish it. I think the game feel just isn't quite there anymore, and the camera is very annoying (I'll give it props for being one of the first 3-D games with a still playable camera though). Some of the stars feel like padded busy work, and there's cheap deaths abound. It really just doesn't feel like its aged as well as some other games.

Or maybe it's just because I've played Super Mario Galaxy 1+2.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You essentially just called the most popular RPG games on PC "fake" games?

I just don't see why any same human being would say that without wanting to look incredibly stupid... Especially on a forum based entirely around competition - something which thrives in all of the games you mentioned (not so sure about D3, didn't play it)
I have struggles with competition, and besides copy-pasting some philosopher's view I just wrote about it (while sleep deprived like always and like now, because of Work+College).
http://smashboards.com/posts/15415177/
I hate RPGS/MMORPGS more than a lot of other games because they focus more than I've seen in other games on pride to fuel them to the point that they allow time to matter over skill so more people can achieve their satisfaction and be ArchGod95 the highest ranked member of his clan. Then it doesn't help when I can pick any random stream from Twitch's section for the game and have disdain for like every single aspect of what's going on (I like Wc3/SC2 though). Then games like Dota are known for their hostile communities, so I even enjoy the game but I know the community sucks and it still lacks in comparison to skill level of the certain FPS where they become ninjas to the point that they can kill you anywhere after wall jumping across the map in 2 seconds.

I have a friend who plays Guild Wars and WoW but he's super nice and humble, so he dwells on the social aspect. I also have another friend who spent an hour telling me how he yelled at a 12 year old girl who "didn't know how to heal for ****" in his WoW clan lol. So it's essentially the player at the heart of it.

With all that said somebody linked me this and I hate the humor of this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4X0CEdBiTc

A big concept I like in games is the ability to do cool stuff mostly concerning movement, and move around like a ninja with breathtaking skill maneuvers and speed. In games like Smash and Urban Terror, there's the pretty true concept that too much flash or certain flash isn't beneficial to winning: like always trying to move when you should be camping or slowing the pace down. So people who focus more on flash can be respected as well as the guy who won because he did the right thing for all the situations (I like watching Brawl and Hungrybox vs Armada for the thinking aspects, but like I said I personally want to come closer to being like Hax and Ihavespaceballs where you do ninja stuff). In Legions all the movement you do is pretty necessary but also fun. In Dota 1 if it wasn't crazy unviable to do I'd always get Phantom lancer with a lothars (extra invis) and force staff (moves you set distance) and blink dagger (teleport) and manta (more illusions). In P:M 2.1 Ike was good enough to actually do a ton of crazy speed maneuvers and flashy stuff because it was still viable (he was like a super fast car, who in the hands of someone could pull off crazy burn-outs and make the women scream, but at the same time could be put in the hands of some punk and easily run over hundreds of people in a few seconds so now he's more similar to his slow and methodical Brawl-self) , and Diddy so far seems to be able to pull ENOUGH off while still being viable (he definitely has a Brawl campy side to him that is needed in certain match ups but I'm getting use to it). Also in 2.5 most characters ledge dropping ability became diminished from the input lag fix code and that made half the cool ledge dropping ninja movement I was doing not work for Ike (besides his aerials becoming crap and range restricted where the places you would want to hit with ledge drops weren't possible or viable) but Diddy is slippery enough or such that it still works for him a little. Also I LOVE the light press air dodge of P:M which allows me to do crazy wavedash platforming not seen in many people all while being super easy to control and comfortable as heck.

Is playing games for flash the same child-like competition you have for people playing to level up their praised hero in Runescape/WoW? Is wearing the cape of a ninja the same as wearing that lvl99 Cape to get praise for? Maybe.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah the nadota community is AWFUL but there are enough good people out there.

I'm surprised you mentioned wc3. You used to play? still play? i havent played since ~2007 but its still my favorite rts

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I've played Wc3 and Dota 1 since hmm, I can't think of any aspect that'd give me an exact time estimate. I was definitely a kid though, and enjoyed abusing all the bugs Dota had over the years. Use to play a lot of Tree tag with my school friend as well as games I created until he stopped playing and Dota seemed to take over the custom games more each year. I'm glad I played it back when people would actually join my random hilarious custom games. I'm definitely pre-2007 though, cus my custom games I have uploaded seem to date back to 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJkXWQzr0-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm04Xg__Z5E

I still play Wc3, and could vs you if you want (I use to have a host bot [ghost++] with it's own key to reduce the latency past the awful standard 250ms) but I'd probably just hope to get lucky with a ghoul rush lol. I still play Dota 1, but I use it to kill time like I've always have and it's still the same game over and over (and a lot worse now since I just join a bunch of pub stomps unlike when I use to be in a clan and do that myself [our clan was mediocre though so it wasn't essentially a pub stomp in terms of crazy skill gaps like it is now]) until I go play the free FPS I mentioned where I watch a bunch of ninjas shoot me down and go "WOW,HOW" (Urban Terror does/did has an aimbot problem though in the older/better version and the newer one coming out has the controls too funked up possibly from bugs)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
There are assholes in every community. Being a popular game in the mainstream means that even if it were a similar % of assholes, there would still be a hell of a lot more than other communities. That's not how it works though, and there seem to be an even larger group than just hardcore gamers since the target audiences are attempting to be "everyone". That being said, Smashers have definitely been the nicest community overall that I've ever seen or been a part of.

Community claims shouldn't be reasoning for how good a game is, otherwise Smash would probably be recognized as the best game. :p

Also your skill gap claims are definitely farfetched if you believe it's that difficult to play a majority of FPS games competitively.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I've played Wc3 and Dota 1 since hmm, I can't think of any aspect that'd give me an exact time estimate. I was definitely a kid though, and enjoyed abusing all the bugs Dota had over the years. Use to play a lot of Tree tag with my school friend as well as games I created until he stopped playing and Dota seemed to take over the custom games more each year. I'm glad I played it back when people would actually join my random hilarious custom games. I'm definitely pre-2007 though, cus my custom games I have uploaded seem to date back to 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJkXWQzr0-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm04Xg__Z5E

I still play Wc3, and could vs you if you want (I use to have a host bot [ghost++] with it's own key to reduce the latency past the awful standard 250ms) but I'd probably just hope to get lucky with a ghoul rush lol. I still play Dota 1, but I use it to kill time like I've always have and it's still the same game over and over (and a lot worse now since I just join a bunch of pub stomps unlike when I use to be in a clan and do that myself [our clan was mediocre though so it wasn't essentially a pub stomp in terms of crazy skill gaps like it is now]) until I go play the free FPS I mentioned where I watch a bunch of ninjas shoot me down and go "WOW,HOW" (Urban Terror does/did has an aimbot problem though in the older/better version and the newer one coming out has the controls too funked up possibly from bugs)
Dude thatd be fun. I remember ghost++, i actually used the source code as a model for my wc3 bot. Ghoul rush might work; back in the day i could hold anything with DH and 2 archers, but i doubt my micro could make it work anymore haha. Plus you have to build your base a certain way or free loss. That game was pretty deep and a lot less random than sc2 IMO

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm still wondering how the hell that's going to transfer to melee, anyway. Maybe a particularly floaty marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom