• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
So much unnecessary text... nothing needed to be said.
Story of life.

Oddly, he started it too... usually I'm the one who RUINS EVERYTHING but this is weird. Alternate reality or something?

Reverse hit Bait to grab is awesome with anyone.
Would look weird from Bowser. >_>

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
We need moar Samus:M.

EDIT: just watched the rest of that video, and wow. SWD on command. And that player makes me look forward to whenever Samus actually shows up in P:M.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I might as well have audio-books specifically for forums.
It's the social thread, so who gives a ****!?

:D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Words are good, use them in sentences

TO THE MAX!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm not sure about mouse wheel rotations as items, so you might have complications there.

Otherwise, you can do Toggles with Alt (that's what it's auto-set to actually) and those control groups will work perfectly fine, as well as items with Space.
Never heard of mouse-wheel up/down as keys, that's kind of cool. I might test that in curiosity and get back to you.
Also, would you like a beta-key? There are many to give.l
Yes Message me that Key Please. Yeah Mouse Wheel Up/Down gives me great control and upper hand since few I guess use it (It's also great for Force staffing/Blink daggering myself [for escape, since no direction picked when used twice blinks you towards your base], since I just Mouse Wheel Down twice rather than press a button twice which is much faster, or Boots of Tread cycling): just like Light Press Air Dodge allows me to do superb wavedashing no one knows the power of.

Dota 2 also has Shift commands right? The fact that the same company that made it made LoL though erks me, since I didn't even like the feel of scrolling the map in LoL.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What do you mean? Dota 2 is not by Riot/LoL developers.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I'll probably try setting that as the Toggle key instead of Alt if it works too.
Had enough incidents where it's like "20 ACTIVES" and toggling something turns into the window key. Getting used to it, but too risky in key moments.
You been playing Dota1 for a while then? Always a great game to go along with Smash.
Key on the way!

WDOOS feels so good, instead of doing it because it's good, people should learn to do it because they'll love it... them superb wavedashes... mmmm....

Edit: Valve rocks.
Person who said something about DAT threads, I'll probably make more, or something similar, eventually, but I'm in no rush to do it. If you don't have the links to the others, I could link those, but everything a player needs to understand about their own development that they could ever possibly get from reading something, is already posted somewhere. You can always message me if you're interested in more specific details, or personal critique or development or issues or ideas or whatever. Most of the work (I call it work but it's really just discussing fun smash stuff with direction) I do is either in-person or through private messages, and it's a lot more practical than any generic 'abroad' discussion could ever do for an individual.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Woah peeps are talking about dota2 in here? If anyone needs an invite just let me know, i have like 15 extras (i just keep making new accounts to train on, and valve gives me more on those too, lol)

Keep in mind you don't get max distance with blink dagger automatically. If you blink farther than its maximum range, you only get ~75% distance (~900 units opposed to ~1200 units). If you are using blink dagger a lot, its useful to memorize its range, otherwise you might find yourself often stuck in trees or not making up the cliff you wanted to.

edit- oh yeah, NaVi vs RoX right now; navi is trolling them in the pick phase and its awesome.
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
How were they trolling?
I always underestimate the range of Clockwerk's Hookshot. I'll play half a game and then test it from fountain or something when I get Agha's, and realize I could've made much better use of it.
The spell-based Blink differences always take some adapting too. Tiny differences make all the difference. <3 that game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You keep that up and I'll write a page for each question

WITHOUT A TL:DR!

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Navi's draft first game was so good, it was like going back in time a year or two ago. Dendi's pudge was so entertaining to watch.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
How were they trolling?
I always underestimate the range of Clockwerk's Hookshot. I'll play half a game and then test it from fountain or something when I get Agha's, and realize I could've made much better use of it.
The spell-based Blink differences always take some adapting too. Tiny differences make all the difference. <3 that game.
Well they gave RoX all the top tier hero picks while picking weird heroes themselves. They put their hard carry player (XBOCT) on support role, but he still tried to KS and farm as much as possible.

Clock's hookshot is pretty cool. Its range goes up with every level, so keep that in mind. You can see the exact range if you hover your mouse over the spell.

Blink spells dont have the same 75% limitation that the blink dagger does. You can just spam that and get your max range every time. But most of the time you aren't playing AM or QoP (unless you're gey).

Navi's draft first game was so good, it was like going back in time a year or two ago. Dendi's pudge was so entertaining to watch.
damn i missed that. Came in on game 3. Dendi's pudge is always amazing to watch

edit- if anyone wants to do a smashboards inhouse for dota2, post in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/dota-2-bristleback-tomorrow.288931/page-39

weve been trying to set one up for a while, but most of the people from here that play dota don't post there

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Still better terms than "let's make a long acronym and sound that out every time we talk about it".

DACUS is a stupid term, to hell with all of you

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What is a pick phase, or a blink dagger, or 15 extras, or "range" in this sense?
pick phase- the phase where your team picks characters
blink dagger- a dagger item that gives you the blink ability
15 extra invites- 15 extra invites
range- ...............

blerb

Smash Journeyman
It's an item that gives you the ability to teleport a short distance. It's essential for heroes like Magnus who have very placement-heavy spells.

Why are we talking about Dota anyway

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
A blink is a blink... Where have you been for the last 10 years? its been in dozens of games using the same name (except LoL which uses "flash", though flash isn't really a blink)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anybody here play a good Nature's Prophet? I keep seeing people do well with him but I never feel as powerful as the other guy. Even if I am outleveling or split pushing really well, I don't feel capable of winning duels regardless of items.

Canon, when is your survey gonna be done and are we gonna see the results?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
NP isn't a good duelist. If you can actually duel the opponent's carry, you have already outplayed them and won the game. Between him and tinker, I think tinker is a much better fighter. NP is so much more cost efficient tho (doesn't take an entire lane to himself, needs fewer items, can teleport to battles from the begin of the game, etc).

edit- NaVi vs Team Liquid in Losers Semi's is starting right now. http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
A blink is a blink... Where have you been for the last 10 years? its been in dozens of games using the same name (except LoL which uses "flash", though flash isn't really a blink)
Blinking in Magic means a permanent is exiled and then immediately returns to the battlefield, triggering "as this permanent enters" and "as this permanent leaves" effects. Blinking in real life is a rapid eyelid spasm that clears the eye surface of light debris. What the hell is Dota anyway?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jesus christ.

I dunno what exactly happened, but he flew past the side as if it was like a Corneria wall. Where you don't collide with it despite going pretty vertical and technically scraping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom