• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
It certainly looks like a platform fighter. Whether it will be a king of the hill platform fighter remains to be seen, as far as I can tell.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Is that Dantarion that's on the team or someone else from PM? I know M2K and Wobbles are on it.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys! Doctor X has already done an advertising plug for this, but for those of you who are looking for a PM event this summer, you should check out NERD RAGE, which will be taking place in Cincinnati, Ohio on (tentatively) August 10th! Chicago players, Reflex, Strong Bad, KOKingpin, and JCaesar have all expressed their interest in going, so don't miss out! The more people that pre-register, the better!

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
What do I do to edgeguard tether recovery's such as ZZS and Ivysaur? I hear they are still not good so I just missing something here.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I never heard Dropzone as a term or Meaty applied to smash. You mean just jump on down there when doing a tether?

leelue

Smash Lord
Dropzone is just running offstage with an attack

I don't know when people started using the term meaty but it's hella weird
I prefer the term lingering. Lasting. Gameandwatchy. Anything but meaty

BUT more importantly, just hang on the ledge sometimes. They have to reel in before you have to fall off (even though I wish that the time limits were significantly closer to one another so it's actually challenging and not free)
They have to go into this short, kinda laggy jump animation and you get a free punish.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
imo, its all about sex kicks and moves with huge hitboxes

like gnw's nair, any long lasting nair, falcons flub knee. etcetc

SpiderMad

Smash Master
image don't work kink, also funny u drew something or whatever just now cus i just drew my hand with my 40 dolla usb drawing tablet to test my art skills, maybe I'll draw my hand again in a few months If I practice a lot more: i'm surprised it managed to look like a hand

EDIT: that things more gross looking than my hand!

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I don't know when people started using the term meaty but it's hella weird
I prefer the term lingering. Lasting. Gameandwatchy. Anything but meaty

Because terms like wavedashing, reverse aerial "rave", and "sex" kick are all perfectly reasonable and accurately describe what's happening?

Besides, "meaty" has been a common term across all fighting games for many years now and it has always meant the same thing.

(btw, I realize that "wavedashing" was also originally a term used for traditional fighting games.)

Burnsy

Smash Lord
But why not make use of common terms that already apply? To me it seems even sillier to use terms unique to Smash when it isn't really necessary. Unless we are intentionally trying to set smash apart and make it more difficult for other gamers to get into. If you play Smash before you've tried any traditional fighters competitively, you still need to learn a slew of technical terms that don't really make much sense anyways.

leelue

Smash Lord
I'm an established smash player.
I don't know anything about other games.
I think introducing more outside lexicon beyond what we already use this late into the game's lifespan fights its own cultural inertia.

EDIT:
It's not like I want to intentionally alienate SF players or whatever exists now. It's likely a side effect of being a different type of game, with often different fanbases, and with a history of stigmatization. The language evolved in its own way.
I assume.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
This game is fun. We enjoy it thoroughly and frequently in my area.

Though I find forums to be a bizarre place, it's still fun to connect with a more public-masses community.
It's bizarre that on the forums, Fox and Falco (and generally the 'top-tier' melee cast) are regarded so highly, even when the dynamics of the game are so obviously untouched and yet other characters are nearly on-par with them in terms of validity in the global competitive scene.
I still think it's bizarre that characters like Luigi, Pikachu, Lucas, Sonic, Wario, DK, and others either so exceptionally diverse or so distinct and gimmicky are considered 'bad' by most. Sonic got a 'nerf' from 2.1, but only now is recognized as good, Wario got a 'buff' and yet is still recognized as bad. I can't wrap my head around why these trends take place over others, or why people gravitate and perceive things this way.
It seems people give too much concern into what the collective community thinks and interprets, and all of this is a result of over-stimulation/over-playing/over-analyzing what people 'understand' rather than simply experiencing what's happening for what it really is.
That's my interpretation of too much interpretation going on... lol

I'm glad to see the stability of things, and when characters like Luigi and Lucas aren't touched in a transition, I have a lot of steady confidence in the development team and community in general.
The transition from Brawl to Project : M is on par with DotA (WC3 engine) to Valve's DotA2, in terms of quality, potential final result, and progress in that direction. When care is put into something, it shows, and a lot of care has been put into Project: M so far.

Good stuff everyone.

Practice awareness, the development of the play will come, with yourselves and others. Never forget to work with your own awareness.
The experiencing of what is, without interpretation, brings freedom from what is.
People are awesome, you guys got this!

PS/Edit: Needs more good stages. ;)

-Bamesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom