• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Up-B can be intercepted, but I wouldn't call it easily gimpable by a long shot. In some situations it's more predictable than Falco's and others less so, but both of them have by far the most mix up ability when recovering that they can easily avoid a gimp in most situations.

Daze feel free to link when PM is set up again watching Brawl is making me genuinely angry.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well now that depends on what you define specifically as edge guarding or gimping. Because it can also be very easy to say get a Knee at mid % then grab the edge because they can't make it back, vs what a lot of people may have in mind where the spacies are closer to the stage and you're trying to read the Upb/Side B options and stop them in those situations. If you take away those "clearly screwed" scenarios, they got a pretty ok recovery situation going on for the most part.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Well, in Melee, I'm a Samus main. I smack a spacee off, I utilt gimp them. If they're trying to go high, I homing missile at them to force them to go low or go really high so I can punish their onstage recovery easily.

Edit: Yes, I agree with you DMG. They do have good mixups and they can avoid a lot of gimp situations, but they're still gimped most of the time they're offstage, IMO. You just have to fight really hard to get them offstage in the first place.

Edit 2: If the spacee can tech reliably, he goes from easily gimped to.............very questionable, in my mind. I hate spacees who can tech.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Do you feel that would be better for balance, though?
I think I would be very presumptuous indeed if I claimed it would make the game more balanced, as I would of anyone who made a similar claim about an individual character nerf. What I think it would do is make Fox less powerful, and that's something I think is desirable.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
bubba, singular space animal is spacy, multiple space animals is spacies
I'm pretty sure that I've seen most people call one spacee a "spacie" and the multiple version as what you said. I've seen one other person use my form of the word, and I'll keep using it 'cause I like it. It's easier to just double tap "e" then to type two separate letters, and it's a personal quirk of mine. I don't think I've ever seen anyone call one spacee a "spacy"... :ohwell:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Shoutouts to Shadic for letting us play the 2.5 demo

**** was so much fun :3c

triple shoutouts to shadic for showing me wolf tricksies that absolutely blew my mind

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I've got a question about this new "Input Assistance". What's the difference between that and just allowing newcomers to turn on some buffer individually? Putting "Input Assistance" on seems like it might be an annoyance to people who want absolutely no buffer while playing.

#FirstWorldProblems

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Side Event earlier last night in BC, Canada.

1: Yakal ($33.00) :falco: :fox:
2: Alphicans ($16.50) :sheik: :mario2: :pit:
3: Big D ($5.50) :dedede:
4: Rusty :ike:
5: Daze :toonlink:
5: Captain L :pikachu2:
7: Firefly :charizard:
7: Sinister :wolf: :ness2:
9: Sheldon :fox:
9: Aleate :peach:
9: T-Block :lucas: :marth: :jigglypuff:

Archives up in the next day or two.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I did pretty good against Dr PP with Bowser. It's not a hopeless MU.
Bowser can beat out grab with up b, and beat out marths aerials with fair. You just have to pick the right time to do each one. Baiting out one jump or grab properly can change the tide of the match instantly since bowser hits so hard
i have no arguments

the spacing for upB vs marth's grab range must be pretty precise tho .-.

i don't think it's hopeless myself lol, just difficult, marth's baiting game is already good, against bowser it's even more amazing, the fast nair and fair don't help the matter much either

still 60-40 imo

:phone:

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
lol well Im sure seeing those characters next to your name.
but you cant be so selfish. you have to realize fox and falco are...a step above the rest. they can still retain their heavy pressure games, just toned down a little bit. noones saying to neuter them, just to bring them down from S to A lol.
If other characters are brought up to be near top A and Low-S grade why bring anyone down? Yeah I am somewhat attached to fox, primarily because I always seem to end up playing him regardless of which character I use lol. But out of a crazy curiosity how is it any more or less selfish for me to not want a nerf when I main him, than for you to want him to be nerfed and not main him? Anyway its ultimately up the the PMBR and they have quite a collection of players better than myself lol, so I have no problem deffering to their judgment.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
What if I have 50 PPP

Also, PMBR is keeping spacies the same because people will get mad if they feel different from Melee. I'm assuming they'll get minor nerfs once everyone else is sorted, but I suppose they haven't thought that far ahead yet.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Ike's blue fire is a top tier aesthetic change.

The people's cries were heard just like oral solar beam.
We've actually been throwing the fire idea around for longer than people have been asking for it. It just took some very tedious wizardry to fully implement.

Edit: Holy **** 80k posts.

Edit2: 40ppp or go home.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Wow, he can't even land a hit with the blue fire eruption once, it seems close to impossible to land with the smaller hit box.

Make the hit box bigger again so the move is worth using.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Actually, the move is still plenty big-- and it's just a testament to how freakishly enormus it was before. I played against Rusty's 2.5 Ike yesterday and he was able to use nB just fine. He never missed with it lol.

Anyways, I'll be streaming 2.5 (and only 2.5) today so keep on the lookout for that. I'll post in here when stream is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom