• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
He seemed to focus a lot on that shell shift thing he does. It just made him really small and moved him around really sporadically while having a hitbox on it.

I'm not saying it really seemed broken, but it looked like you had to swing and pray you hit him a lot of the time.

Of course that was really early on in development and he could be completely different now.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
since it was mentioned in stream, i'm actually more looking forward to the arguments about whether you can jv someone by healing damage dealt to you before you win.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
since it was mentioned in stream, i'm actually more looking forward to the arguments about whether you can jv someone by healing damage dealt to you before you win.
Can Ness JV with his healing? What about Lucas?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
With Ness or Lucas, it makes sense because you HAVE to have the other guy involved for it. Like he goes for an "attack" and you counter with that, then he dies. If Ivy can self heal just whenever, then no I wouldn't count that.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Personally I still wouldn't count it as the entire idea behind a JV is that you didn't take damage. Regardless of whether the damage was healed, you were still damaged before the kill.

:phone:

Kirk

Smash Champion
Nice vids Metroid, thanks for uploading. Im pretty sure the last set with me vs Ganon was Scythe, if you wanted to edit that.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
If he wasn't angled forward I'd say it's much better than the current one. It looks too lackadaisical.

I'm not sure if that is 100% accurate to in-game as far as where the "Center" of each sprite is, but I think that is a pretty close approximation of the whole running loop in Wario Land: Shake It!

Personally I still wouldn't count it as the entire idea behind a JV is that you didn't take damage. Regardless of whether the damage was healed, you were still damaged before the kill.

And when moves land that deal less than 1%?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
kirk probably now has my favorite Boozer to watch. i really need to get some recording done and post some videos of my Boozer to see how well it measures up :/

EDIT: Ivy looks quite interesting

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It would be nice to know what is supposed to be stopped instead of just being told "Stop it" for every single ****ing thing I say.

Aruging semantics and trival aesthetic details in the public thread. things like that would be better suited for #projectm or PMs.

I'm not saying don't comment on these things, but they shouldnt go on for more than a few posts.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I always thought the term JV was used because loosing the stock didn't matter. At a higher percent even the least dmging hit can lead to a combo and then a kill, while the same hit at 0% would probably get CC'd and lead to a punish.

Thus Falco's lasers completely shut down JV's, even though people can consider them "honorary," because a Falco laser at any percent matters and can place Falco into a position to take a stock.

Hyped for 2.5. Just hope the BR can count to three eventually. (unless... full release next? one can hope)
I really want squirtle to be in 2.5, It would make sense to complete the pokemon trio since Ivy is confirmed. It would also make since for one to come out in each demo, but screw that. I want my turtle.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yes it was, Spoon~. Check out my stream archives here: http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_/videos

Judging from the end of the Ivysaur video, ya'll made Fox's Up-b shorter like PAL

AND DAMIT IVYSAUR IS MALE
"Brighten your bulbs; she's lean, green, and has never before been seen."
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ivysaur_(Pokémon) Look at the gender ratio
No. Fox' up-b is the same distance as it was in 2.1/ Melee. It's just the camera angle.
Also, PM Ivysaur is special :) Hope you guys enjoyed the Ivysaur preview! Remember that everything is subject to change~ What you are watching on stream is playtest material for the BR and the build literally changes every day.

Catch VGBootcamp's stream on Tuesday at ~7:00pm EST for the next Demo 2.5 preview stream and keep checking back on smashmods.com for more updates :)

Also, let's not clog up the thread with minor aesthetic complaints for too long, otherwise the PMBR may not be so keen on revealing unreleased information in the future. Constructive and professionally presented feedback is always welcome. We encourage users to give us their opinions since we make this game for you guys; your opinions DO matter. However, if you've said it once, we've heard it. We don't need things (especially minor details) to be constantly complained about and spammed as it hijacks the thread; derailing it, as a result. If you feel you need to discuss your concern over about a certain topic in greater detail, I would recommend making a new thread about the issue on the Project M forums on smashmods instead.

Thanks again for everyone who tuned into the stream! My youtube is http://youtube.com/xdazee if you want to subscribe for Demo 2.5 preview videos coming in the near future :)

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I love what I've seen with Ivy so far. Down b looks really legit as a psuedo space control/pressure tool. Only thing I'd like to is solar beam being able to angle downwards at like 45 degrees. It's possible that might be a little strong, but I'd at least want to see the insane edge guards you could do with it. Like sh downb sh down b on the edge then rar a down angled solar beam would be awesome.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Quick question: What's gonna be the priority on the announcements? Do characters come first then possible stages then engine fixes?

Also, I was a little skeptical about all of the healing involved with Ivy, but she looks pretty cute. And not just when she's blue.

Now I don't know who to main :c

metroid1117

Smash Master
Quick question: What's gonna be the priority on the announcements? Do characters come first then possible stages then engine fixes?
Personally, since I'm completely satisfied with Charizard and Ike, I really hope that the next update is about engine changes lol. Wavedashing still feels clunky to me because of the 1-frame issue, I hope it's changed in 2.5.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm super hyped that there was a little Squirtle teaser in the Ivysaur trailer :).

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, i remember seeing pummel, since you could actually look after it occurred : p i'm also assuming it wasn't very high, but i'm just curious if it was something just almost entirely incidental, like 1% also ;x

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
Do you really think you're supporting this project with misleading exaggerations like "unable to run away and pewpewpew" ?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I need a name for this new vampire Ivysaur

Ivy Alucard

Ivy Von Tepes

Well then, as long as Pit is still super homo and can still play it super safe the whole game without having to over-dedicate himself, I'm fine with the changes. Otherwise I'll just have to use Falco since he's the second most homo character.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
so how much was ivy healing off of bulb attacks? i never managed to catch it while i was watching.

http://www.twitch.tv/dazee_/b/335483596

at 2:53 she heals 10% with upsmash

at 16:00 she heals 6% with up air

at 16:09 she heals 5% with dair.

at 21:51 dair healed 7% so it appears there are multiple healing sweet spots or the healing decays with the move or however much damage the move did she heals that much cause falcon took 7% damage (yeah i doubt its this last one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom