• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What are you talking about the whole story was ENTHRALLING I WAS SO SAD AT THAT ROB...

iLink

Smash Champion
AND DAMIT IVYSAUR IS MALE
"Brighten your bulbs; she's lean, green, and has never before been seen."
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._(Pokémon) Look at the gender ratio
I don't see where it says its a 0% female ratio

Also I hope they are able to animate the solar beam to come out of the bulb. Just about everyone I've shown that video to has pointed out how the beam comes from the mouth lol.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Also I hope they are able to animate the solar beam to come out of the bulb. Just about everyone I've shown that video to has pointed out how the beam comes from the mouth lol.
I think the professional standards of the PMBR to keep true to the source material requires it.

NatP

Smash Ace
Ivysaur is looking awesome, can't wait to try it out.

Also about the Solar Beam thing, don't worry guys, I'm sure they'll change it before the demo comes out.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
wat at making solarbeam come out of the mouth

i was hoping for an animation that made it like this

or something similar to it

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
This and the 2.5 demo trailer are probably worth bumping the GAF thread for, if anyone has an account.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The Solar Beam animation is fine. The only thing that doesn't make sense is being unable to SHFFL dair like every other character gets to, or knock an edgeguarding enemy away with rising uair/anything really, like other characters get to.

Like I understand the aesthetic argument that it makes sense from a visual perspective that her aerials do that, but it just doesn't make sense to me from a gameplay perspective.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The Solar Beam animation is fine. The only thing that doesn't make sense is being unable to SHFFL dair like every other character gets to, or knock an edgeguarding enemy away with rising uair/anything really, like other characters get to.
And Pikachu should shoot lightning out of his mouth, just because.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Nice trailer, but have you guys thought about doing them in Dolphin so they don't look so blurry?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
unless solar beam is seriously broken, ivy will probably still suck...her real problems lie in her moveset and generally nonexistent mobility that appears to be unchanged.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I don't go with anything that isn't certain. Application of Probability only really happens in a situation where you are trying to appeal to the greatest number of people, or something similar. We aren't going to lose the Ivysaurs' votes in the upcoming election if we call the one in PM Female.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Flowers

Squirtle is a man

Charizard is a man

IVYSAUR BE A LADY

iLink

Smash Champion
I dunno, I play with the japanese audio and Ivysaur very much sounds female

I personally don't care much either way, I've always just seen her as a her

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Why is this being argued.

I like the way solar beam functions as it is. A lot of the other moves seem based around forcing opponents to stay in the air, and mixed in with the beam being charged via smash moves, according to her character page, it can make for a fun playstyle.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
i wonder if down b is chargeable so it goes as high as snakes up smash and hopefully more than one bomb can be out at once. Hopefuly they do change solar beam to shoot out of the bulb just for accuracy to the show.

On the healing feature the thing that will make or break this attribute is how much she heals. 1 and 2 percent healing from her grab pummel a year ago was hard to accept because of her long-ish grab range and the fact you can pummel longer when the opponent is at high damage. healing .5% would be a fair healing from pummels. Now that other moves heal, 1% would probably be the max she heals from any one move. of course this is just speculation.

Can't wait for daze stream so i can study her.

up air >fast fall> Lcancel> down b, then an optional up B if the opponent avoids the down B, I see that being a good BnB for her.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
Do you use the hackless method to load project m or homebrew?
uhh i don't know the difference. i use riivo but i don't have the homebrew channel

i like, put the riivo files on my sd card, loaded stage builder, and installed riivo so that the channel is there.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I honestly couldn't figure out Riivolution...I can make and install textuers with the Stage Loader option, but I can't do anything that involves a hacked method. That's why I'm hoping there's a breakthrough with sound files soon xD

iLink

Smash Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom