• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I dunno, I play with the japanese audio and Ivysaur very much sounds female
Typical gamer logic. If it sounds like a young boy to normal people, it sounds like a girl to them.

Makes me feel bad for poor Pit and even Marth.

...Well, maybe not Marth. That's his own fault for being so effeminate with his motions. XD

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So Ivy's beam is just a long charge up? It's boring enough using Lucas's medium length one

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I can already see Melee veterans hating Ivysaur's design...

Now that's she's confirmed, I'll be interested in how she works. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on the special moves, but I'm more interested in seeing the normals and her mobility/physics. It seems strange to think about Ivysaur dashdancing and wavedashing around really fast, so I want to see how they handled it and changed her physics from Brawl. Hopefully I won't forget to watch the stream today.

Forgot to say, I like the home run bat noise on the vine whip sweetspot now.

Also, it seems like if you hit a Seed Bomb on a grounded opponent, you pretty much win the game.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hey guys! Just wanted to post here that the stream will start at 4:30pm PST // 730 pm PST. Sorry about that! There will still be plenty of Ivy action on stream, though! :)

While you're waiting, my stream can be found here: http://Twitch.tv/dazee_
Follow so you can catch Ivysaur as well as the rest of 2.5 as soon as the stream goes live!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm not a fan of that move either, and never made any claims there of.

I'd really like if R.O.B. had a nice option when doing a low-airdash, actually, but I just settle with letting it end and grabbing, or wavelanding out of it. His other options are far too slow to come out before he lands, don't have an active hitbox where they can land on a grounded opponent, or are Fair and can just be CC'd or shieldgrabbed when you see him flying at you slowly. The unfortunate thing is, none of his aerials really make sense to be fast/safe to throw out close to the ground, except maybe uair if it hit in front of him on the first frame or something. Bair, dair, and nair are all far too defined by how slow they are to make into something like uair is, and only nair makes a bit of sense to be sped up from a visual aspect; at what cost I wouldn't know.

Not every character gets to have good options, but it's refreshing when a character does.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
It'd be cool if the spores lingered for maybe 15-20 frames. coat the stage in poison powder.
I think a poison effect for leech seed would be cool to convey the drain damage but the spore already stuns you if you get hit in its radius, poisoning the stage seems like overkill.
It actually may be fair since this is such a fast game. how many people are going to be caught on the ground to get stunned. its almost like jigglypuffs sing.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
This is why I hate having a viewpoint sometimes. I should just be accepting of everything and think that this game is perfect and with no flaws or issues regarding character design or logic. If anyone brings up any concern over how a character is designed they are strictly wrong because it makes the character different and unique, unless that character also wins a tournament in which case they need to be tweaknerfed.

And even if the person's complaints are justified it doesn't matter because for every one person that understands where the complaints are coming from, five more people will only see half the conversation and block out the part of their brain that employs empathy to paint the person who is voicing their concern as simply complaining over "nothing." Then after extensive and exacerbating conversation, four of those five will finally understand the root of the how it could possibly be conceived as problematic, only for 16 other people to come in and see only the middle of the conversation and see it as just complaining, and the whole thing starts over, only with more ganging up on the person for stating a minority opinion. Then the complaint is nullified as dumb because everyone agrees that the character should be designed that way because no one wants to see it any other way, other than the few people who thought about it long enough to see the issue, but they're dumb because they're in the minority anyway.

cannedbread

Smash Lord

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Kink, you were complaining about Wario's run animation not too long ago. You're, uh, not exactly the kind of person people consider to be making logical points.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well I have my fair share of things I want to say about Ivy's design, but I'm saving that for when I actually get to chance to try her out and see how she plays first kind instead of theorycrafting why I don't like some of the choices made.

it worked thanks :D
no prob

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Ivy's gonna have a really strong techchase on plats with seed bomb. I hope the stun spores aren't shieldable.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Im'a level 63 theorycrafter, hard at work. What level are you guys?
I'm level 100 max level I can theorycraft the pants off of any character, any MU, and any GAME.

I dunno... certainly looks like he's running to me
That looks like a jog for most characters, but Wario is a bit portly so yes this shall be his run.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Looks like Mario's brisk walking animation to me. It's a tremendous step up from his Brawl run, but it just seems like it would make more sense to have that as his brisk walk, and use his actual Wario Land 4/Shake It mad-dash for his running animation.

See, you can read this, and see where I say "It's good, and I think it could stand to be even better, because the PMBR has a reputation of quality work and it's to be expected that they are fully capable and willing to make this the best and most well-polished mod it can be."

The people talking about Solar Beam coming out of her bulb are in what I'd consider a majority, so of course their voice will seem more justified, everyone agrees it could be better, so it's something that's already fine to talk about. God help the poor soul were it that they were a single person talking about why it should be shot from her bulb and everyone else unanimously dismissed such a concern as dumb and that they should not complain over something that isn't an issue.

iLink

Smash Champion
His mad dash would look kind of ridiculous for every time he dashed IMO. It would also probably make people think it has a hitbox or something.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Except your argument is hilariously stupid, and your "preferred replacement" looks hideous for a run. Drop it, Kink, it looks fine already.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Mario's brisk walking animation to me. It's a tremendous step up from his Brawl run, but it just seems like it would make more sense to have that as his brisk walk, and use his actual Wario Land 4/Shake It mad-dash for his running animation.

See, you can read this, and see where I say "It's good, and I think it could stand to be even better, because the PMBR has a reputation of quality work and it's to be expected that they are fully capable and willing to make this the best and most well-polished mod it can be."

The people talking about Solar Beam coming out of her bulb are in what I'd consider a majority, so of course their voice will seem more justified, everyone agrees it could be better, so it's something that's already fine to talk about. God help the poor soul were it that they were a single person talking about why it should be shot from her bulb and everyone else unanimously dismissed such a concern as dumb and that they should not complain over something that isn't an issue.
Wario's mad dash could work as a dash attack instead of his slide from Brawl.

If you makes you feel any better, I also agree that Ivysaur's Solar Beam should come from its bulb.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord

Can you provide a gif of his run animation from Wario Land 4? Personally I'm a bit iffy on Wario's new run as well, though that may change once I see it in game.

iLink

Smash Champion
The 2 characters I'm most looking forward to are Diddy and MK.

I really hope squirtle doesn't end up as obnoxious as he looked in the earlier dev builds. Easily looked like the most unfun character to play against next to sonic for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom