• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
oh wow. and i'm dumb and forgot that it was recorded >< even though it was mentioned, like, not even a full page ago.

leelue

Smash Lord
I love what I've seen with Ivy so far. Down b looks really legit as a psuedo space control/pressure tool. Only thing I'd like to is solar beam being able to angle downwards at like 45 degrees. It's possible that might be a little strong, but I'd at least want to see the insane edge guards you could do with it. Like sh downb sh down b on the edge then rar a down angled solar beam would be awesome.
This would be incredibly strong and borderline brokken

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
These healing percents will probably need to be cut in half. Her move set doesn't seem bad so these healing amounts do look a little too good. She has projectiles decent OoS options (nair, dair, maybe even up airs belly flop hit box), simple combos, and range. The only thing i think she lacks is good ground mobilty. her air mobility looks surprisingly good when coupled with all her momentum changing attacks.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Bowser being good is a sign of jesus for everyone. True terror is true terror finally.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
It's canon gdi

Venusaur fires Solarbeam out of its mouth in the Stadium games; there's nothing wrong with Ivy doing the same. Now if Ivy were as small and weak as Bulbasaur (flavor stuff and BST, respectively), then there'd be a reason to object that particular animation. However, the current animation for Solarbeam fits with what occurs in the games, so it's fine as is.

:phone:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
It's canon gdi

Venusaur fires Solarbeam out of its mouth in the Stadium games; there's nothing wrong with Ivy doing the same. Now if Ivy were as small and weak as Bulbasaur (flavor stuff and BST, respectively), then there'd be a reason to object that particular animation. However, the current animation for Solarbeam fits with what occurs in the games, so it's fine as is.

:phone:

Oh ok since it is canon to somthing I"m fine with it staying as is. I like the meme that it invokes.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Pokémon Stadium portrays Bind as blue streamers coming out of Onix's lip...

Totally canon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
To be fair, if you hacked your Pokemon's moveset they would have janky attack animations. Go look at Alakazam surf in PS1 or PS2. I dare you not to laugh.

iLink

Smash Champion
The only reason Venasaur even shot the beam from it's mouth was because the programmers didn't bother animating stuff for every individual attack (which would have been a chore considering the 151 different pokemon). Several of the attack animations in Pokemon Stadium were pretty silly and shouldn't really be used as examples.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. A lot of repeat animations for moves even if they weren't similar. Alakazam bending his spoons for Psychic, fine. Alakazam bending his spoons for Body Slam, no way LOL. Snorlax laying down to use Surf, no way. Snorlax laying down to use Fire Blast, etc.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
The only reason Venasaur even shot the beam from it's mouth was because the programmers didn't bother animating stuff for every individual attack (which would have been a chore considering the 151 different pokemon). Several of the attack animations in Pokemon Stadium were pretty silly and shouldn't really be used as examples.
I used the Stadium games as an example of instances which any member of the Bulbasaur evolutionary line fires Solarbeam differently. All of you who are against the current animation should keep in mind that even Pokemon of the exact same species can use moves in a different manner. Ivysaur firing a Solarbeam from its mouth looks no more strange than Lucario using Bone Rush in the PTP7 manga -- in comparison to how it "materializes" a bone of energy in other media (e.g, Pokemon Adventures and the anime).

edit: also, it would look pretty strange for Ivysaur to almost instantly return to neutral position after using Solarbeam if she were to fire the attack from her bulb.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well admittedly I didn't have a huge problem with shooting the beam from it's mouth because I did remember that from stadium, but most people recognize the beam shooting out of the bulb. Just seems like the most obvious thing to do. Heck, ivysaur shoots solar beam from it's bulb during PT's final smash. It even goes out of its way to stand on its 2 front legs to do it.

Funny you bring up that Bone Rush thing though, I always assumed Lucario basically did like a back hand attack similar to what his ftilt is now to hit with the spike. I have never seen that aura bone.

EDIT: Why would Ivysaur go into a neutral position instantly?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Logically, it's the bulb. xD

But anyways, so much hype for 2.5. xD

batistabus

Smash Journeyman

"KA-ME-HA-ME-BLAAAHHAHHHHH"

She shot it out of her bulb in vBrawl, the anime, and Pokemon Stadium. The latter is the biggest deal (being an actual Pokemon game) because they could've easily just slapped the animation over Ivysaur, but they specifically went out of their way to make it shoot out her bulb.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
have they fixed the light shield in p:m? can you tech with the click of L instead of light press? iirc the soft press registered techs, unlike in melee where the full click is required to tech (don't have a copy of brawl at home)

cannedbread

Smash Lord
you guys are so nitpicky

ivy shoots solar beam out of her mouth lol pls fix

meanwhile ness and lucas are using attacks they don't even learn

bad argument i know hopefully it will distract everyone from ivysaur's mouth beam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom