• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
I don't know how much her bulb attacks heal to make a statement on that. From what I saw, synthesis and pummel weren't 2gud.

Although the fact that she can camp pretty hardcore on pokemon stadium was pretty hilarious. Everyone needs to ban that against Ivysaur for sure lol.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
It's like 5 or 6% for uair/dair, and 10% for usmash. Also at low percents uair can combo into itself. I saw ivy go from about 50% to 20%.

I love how bair, ivy's previously only good move, was buffed to hit ridiculously horizontal.

Also, they already fixed the animation to shoot out of her bulb. Chill bros. Chill.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Just gonna chime in and say, the most I've healed in a match with Ivy, is 94%, and this is with me FOCUSING on healing set ups and silly pummel grab break regrab shenanigans that shouldnt of worked, but caught players off guard due to grab range. I also didn't win all matches with that style.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'd much rather take it with greek seasoning.

What do you guys think of Ivy's new Solar Beam? :D Isn't SDoom awesome?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
You will never win.

I think the healing effect is... balanced enough. I mean, it's not much to sneeze at, but it still makes its presence known enough to be a bit annoying for the opponent, which seems like a lot of how ivysaur plays.

Now I'm curious: was it intentional for this to have similarities to how most "big" grass pokemon work? I'm not too big on pokemon, but I know enough about it competitively that people love their sort of keepaway spore-everything grass pokemon that have just enough tools to justify their lower defense.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
All this Ivy nonsense is incredibly dull.

What is really important is Wario's new victory pose.

------------

Grass Pokemon tend to have above average stats in everything, except for an absurdly low speed stat that gets them wrecked unless they serve an equally absurdly specific role or are beefy/******** like that Steel Grass UFO thing.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think Ivy can be played pretty aggressively with a combination of aggressive play and healing.

Like a weed.
Nah. Not enough power or safety behind either of those for it to be considered especially useful by itself. I think she's pretty much gonna have to be played as a dedicated zoning character to get a lot of mileage out of her, getting healing out of stray combos or Synthesis. We'll see what happens when 2.5 comes out and people start playing around with her, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a better Ivysaur than all of you. :p

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Now I'm curious: was it intentional for this to have similarities to how most "big" grass pokemon work? I'm not too big on pokemon, but I know enough about it competitively that people love their sort of keepaway spore-everything grass pokemon that have just enough tools to justify their lower defense.
What? I'm 100% sure that you're referring only to Breloom (who plays nothing like Ivysaur:M) because all other usable Grass-types that can use spore-based moves to great effect have respectable defenses; I mean, Venusaur's bulk + Sleep Powder is pretty much the sole reason behind why it isn't totally outclassed by Victreebel. Hell, even Jumpluff can tank a couple of hits before throwing in the towel.

also, R.I.P ShoopDaWhoopySaur =(

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Nah. Not enough power or safety behind either of those for it to be considered especially useful by itself. I think she's pretty much gonna have to be played as a dedicated zoning character to get a lot of mileage out of her, getting healing out of stray combos or Synthesis. We'll see what happens when 2.5 comes out and people start playing around with her, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a better Ivysaur than all of you. :p
Aggressive zoning. not aggressive rushdown <3

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wario had got some changes? Just heard from the P:M-forum:

- He has a new throw based on Wario Land? Does he though keep his swinging F-throw from before (just changed to B-Throw?)

- New animations? (I've seen the running animation)

Also Pit got nerfed? (-ó_ò-);;

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
On topic: why aren't people dair camping with Ivysaur yet?

:059:
It loses to a lot of things. It's not nearly as large as it was in Brawl.

It has its place for misdirection and hard reads, but it isn't really a safe option as far as a go-to spacing move.

- He has a new throw based on Wario Land? Does he though keep his swinging F-throw from before (just changed to B-Throw?)

His F-Throw can be a quick, weak throw or a "charged" throw that functions the same way as his old F-Throw did. His swinging animation is completely gone now.

He has new walk/run animations, yeah. Maybe more.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Pit has gotten some redesign tweaks that buff his combo/ kill potential in exchange for a more tolerable recovery.

Wario's fthrow is now a "football-style" throw that is chargable, and has a tip-toe walking animation and a Wario World-style running animation.

Twitch.tv/dazee_/videos
Twitch.tv/Jcaesar/videos
Twitch.tv/VGbootgamp/videos

Check out the above links to re-watch Project M Demo 2.5 preview streams to check out those tweaks and more in action and stay tuned on smashmods for more updates. :)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
His Fthrow is pretty much his grab -> charge throw in the games; the longer A is held, the lower the angle will be. Also, last I saw, Bthrow is still the *** bounce.
Wario takes a brisk walk when he dashes now. Yeah, it doesn't make sense, but everyone has a boner for it apparently, so w/e.
That was just a unsupported assumption. Pit's "nerfs" aren't set in stone, anyway; everything we've seen so far is unstable and still subject to change.

edit: effin dirty ninjas

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

1. From Shake It!, to be specific. Dunno 'bout B-Throw though.

2. So far, new running animation, and F-Tilt can be held.

3. One of his glides was taken out, but attack-wise, no sure.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
B-Throw could at least the swing-ding throw that was F-Throw before. (-l´l-); I dunno but I prefer it more over the odd *** bounce throw.

And Pit's glide has been taken out?

EDIT: Oh, saw it now. Though I wonder, what does compensate to that? It kinda takes bit of his air comboing away since he has now only one glide in air.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It loses to a lot of things. It's not nearly as large as it was in Brawl.

It has its place for misdirection and hard reads, but it isn't really a safe option as far as a go-to spacing move.
The extra mobility is great for spacing fair/bair afterwards though, and added shieldstun helps safety on shield because this is P:M. Falling nair is quick and can stuff some OoS options too. I really recommend that people try it out a bit, it applies good pressure imo. And more importantly, charges downB :3

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't mean it charges on shield, but that when you hit the opponent it'll charge. You miss 100% of the charging opportunities you don't take by using a bulb attack, essentially :p (note: not saying spam dair lol)

And sweetspot dair on hit vs grounded opponents goes into uair, which is great because of Ivy's AA options.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
D-Air on shield is not safe on shield; not even close. Ivysaur just doesn't move nearly as quickly in the air as other characters, so it's still a generally bad place for her to be.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm thinking a style of Ivy where, if you know you don't have a guaranteed followup (eg. you juuust missed a KO and your opponent is recovering or falling back down, or you just knocked them a bit too far to keep up a combo), you get a couple percent off Synthesis instead. You have time, don't need to pressure them immediately.

What would be funny would be if Synthesis cancelled out of things LOL.

Chargeable Seed Bomb is the only change I think would make sense, if it isn't already.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yo.

who needs follow ups with Ivy. I'll just hit you away and heal, giving me more chances to hit you some more.

It's a pretty interesting style and I'm actually excited to see how far people can take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom