• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Recovery
Dedede's recovery is essentially "What if Falcon had a better recovery. Also, make it extremely variable."

And Non-Wolf Spacies have some of the best recoveries in the game. You give a character that many options and such a non-linear recovery and they are more than likely going to make it back when you get past mid-level.

It's linear/slow recoveries like Marth's and Luigi's that are bad. Ivy's seems pretty analogous to Marth's to me, especially if she goes into free fall after an aerial up-B, where it could otherwise exist to actually attack when coming back to the stage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Leelue you know half of my post was a joke right? Dangit

Fox and Falco Upb if they are ever forced to do it is slow. Side B distance is good, but again you do know that they are going straight sideways and without a ton of priority. Sure they have options on how high or low to Side B and whether to cancel it, but that's also assuming they are going to be in great recovering positions to begin with. Get a little Ike Uthrow to Dash attack, send you too low to Side B at like 40%, bad things will happen to them pretty easily. Knee of Justice!

shanus

Smash Hero
So I'm here to ask you guys to tone down the level of troll in this thread. Maybe, just maybe, we might release information if you guys keep this thread productive!

Stevo

Smash Champion
is it in the game plan to add back certain nuances such as DK's grab escape animation being shorter than the rest of the cast? Or bowser's grab release animation being shorter?

Or any other ones for other non-top tier characters? I know the stance is that top tier characters will stay the same or as close as possible, but what about little advantages such as those for the low tiers?

Revven

FrankerZ
We'll basically do what we can in the animation department. Things like grab release animations are pretty low priority though compared to completely building Brawl characters or other more important gameplay aspects to currently established characters (i.e techrolls). We only have so many animators, after all! :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
is it in the game plan to add back certain nuances such as DK's grab escape animation being shorter than the rest of the cast? Or bowser's grab release animation being shorter?
Grab release animations are something that should be consistent among the cast. Variances in these times lead to stuff like grab release infinites that some characters had on other. This is something that was a horrible mistake for Sakurai to do to begin with and certainly will never be (or at least should never be) reproduced in Project M.

Life

Smash Hero
Another good chance to use Synthesis: You just got knocked into the upper corner. Recover a couple percents while your opponent can't reach you.

Need to stop posting when not on last page

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The only thing that should vary from releases is how far people may go due to traction/airspeed/weight. Luigi releasing to the ground and sliding further than Falcon for example would probably be fine and might not be fixable to begin with lol. Actual animation wise no it would not make sense for Wario to always air release in that goofy manner or floaties start going to the ceiling lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kinda cool on Jigglypuff, makes her look like a runaway balloon some kid let go of.

Just wish an airplane or helicopter would come along and mow it down though.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Honestly if this trolling crap is becomeing this prominent of a problem, get a mod in here to start actually infracting people.

Anyways I actually have a question, Wario's A->B new combo, that gives pitfall status, that isn't a actual combo right? A person can shield between the 1st hit and the stomp that induces pitfall right?. If it is a true combo, then I have a feeling that can be abused in so many ways. D-smash to A reset to B pitfall to fully charged waft etc.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It would be fine. You could tech Dsmash/CC it and do stuff. If the grounding move lets you CC/shield after the first hit, it's gonna be kind of worthless. Especially if it's laggy after the second hit. What would be the point, ya know?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
But A-A is a true combo, so the A-B would be a mix up to try and catch someone offguard. Besides if you hit with it you get a free hit of your choosing. If they drop their shield in expecting to CC AB then AA launches them.

I envision it working like a mix-up in a game like MK. where one version of the string is a low, and the varient is a mid, so your caught in a 50/50 mixup. If that makes any sense.

So in this context something like, AA your need to shield in order to block it, where AB you need to drop your shield in order to avoid it, but its not a true combo so you can spot-dodge etc in between. So AB would induce pitfall even if you shield it type thing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well what's the range/rough frame data on it? A set up of getting them grounded, by Dthrow Dsmash whatever, then jabbing them and THEN hitting with the grounding move... I think it would be absolutely fair if that grounding move is guaranteed after jab because there's plenty of room in there to tech or CC stuff. Would be like DK Dthrow if they didn't get sent so far, then he used Side B.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
AFAIK nothing actually true combos into DK's side B on the ground. So I don' think Wario should get a auto set up into it either. I.E. hit with jab1 to get a free pitfall.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Honestly if this trolling crap is becomeing this prominent of a problem, get a mod in here to start actually infracting people.
I've been infracting people. In the last few pages myself and other mods have given several infractions. I'd like to keep this topic open and would appreciate if people kept the social joking to the chat.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
We're eating pizza and Gurukid just bit his tongue so hard he's bleeding

:phone:
I see, so you were playing Smash and Gurukid was enjoying enjoying his camping so much he accidentally SD'd? Good match up discussion against Pit.

KingClubber is going hard on CPU AI, hopefully Ike will be able to make you all in angst with WD back to F-tilt spam.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Out of all the PM's I get for reports, this thread has been the most.

Get your **** together and stop spamming, guys.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Hey guys just in case you missed it, we streamed some 2.5 last Saturday. I went and highlighted some of the archives for easier viewing;

Singles
(w/Rusty, noobking, KAOSN00B, Yakal, Captain L, SinisterB, Geist, Firefly, BigD, and Daze!)
20 minutes of Ivysaur (Day starts)
Main stream starts
2.5 Ness, some ROB
Late singles start (Ivysaur v Pikachu)
G&W and ROB
Ivy ditto!!
Flaco
noobking v Captain L MM!! & Pizza
Charizard
Yakal

Late night Singles
Dazrin!!!
Ivysaur v Ike
Pit v Sonic
Wario

Doubles
(w/ Rusty, noobking, Captain L, Geist (ROB/G&W), Yakal, & SinisterB)
(Including Ivysaur, Pikachu, Ness, Snake, ROB, DDD, Ike, & others)
Doubles start
Snake
DOUBLE ROB
QUAD IVY

Bonus
???
Random Wario stuff

Thanks to all the viewers who hung out with us on Saturday, we capped out at over 100! Make sure you guys stayed tuned for more 2.5 as well as PM in general, and be sure to follow twitch.tv/Dazee_ We hope to see you all at the next Saturdaze :upsidedown:

Life

Smash Hero
What IS the harm in letting this become "Project M Social"? Might save you all some stress.

In other news, what combos into Solar Beam? Looks like Ivy has a couple throws that do the trick but what else? A couple random tilts maybe? Dair on grounded opponent?

Stevo

Smash Champion
Grab release animations are something that should be consistent among the cast. Variances in these times lead to stuff like grab release infinites that some characters had on other. This is something that was a horrible mistake for Sakurai to do to begin with and certainly will never be (or at least should never be) reproduced in Project M.
I forgot those things were very bad in brawl (I don't play brawl)

and I get that argument for grab release, but DK having a little quicker Grab escape was kind of cool. Especially being a grab centred character.

Little things like that kind of made Melee interesting, even in the lower tiers.

I'm not saying I'm going to cry or be mad either way, but it's something to consider still.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
As I was saying earlier the best brawl player here got into P:M and I recorded some videos. He has never played melee, and this is only the second time really he's played PM with me. I just taught him things like JC grabs lol but he is impressive anyways.

Hylian(Fox) vs FAE(Lucas):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZuMzo9GVuQ

shanus

Smash Hero
Would the mods be open to giving some of the PMBR members mod controls over this thread?

Edit: I would have never guessed that was a brawl player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom