• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Whimsical Support Ghost doesn't come up fast enough for it to be more useful than a lot of characters. Besides, D-Air only helps you float a great deal on the first use. It's much more useful for Peach or a space animal (Shine).

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
Oh wow never thought of that
that makes Ivy kinda ridiculous on Brinstar I guess
does it also heal ?
With Brinstars platforms you would probably be able to get a full charge and 15 % healing in like 2 seconds
I'm not sure if I want that to be honest
But yeah you can ban it
and Brinstar is not even legal in most stage lists
so it's no problem
but I kinda want to do that now lol
Match-up vs Ivysaur on Brinstar to be the first truly broken matchup in smash

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If it's like Lucas' Offense Up smashes, then I assume the effect works on contact with anything. Kind of funny when you can destroy objects in SSE with USmash spam and just keep blasting away.

Life

Smash Hero
Why would you want to do that? The reason the code is included is because it's assumed the owner of the Wii would have the first name on the the list. So instead of the person who plays the game the most scrolling the most, you could just pick the first one and be done with it.
Or you could be bringing your Wii to tournaments, gathering a ridiculous number of names, and then requiring players with new names to scroll down a mile and a half for their name, as I had the experience of doing the last time I played Melee.

JCz I assumed all reflects were the same. Thanks.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Such is life for the newbie shoobie. They must all suffer the scroll.

Although what I'm really curious about is why the hell you can't just go to the top and bottom of the list immediately.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Gurukid should just be banned in all tournament rulesets.

Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, the one glide thing doesn't seem all that bad. You shouldn't be gliding out so far that you can't come back anyway and if you did then there's a good chance your opponent won't be able to come back either.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
I instantly thought that he is now a more interesting character when I saw him actually recover with his jumps and upb in a stream after killing someone with his glide + fair.
It's not like characters that have to use their up special to grab the ledge instantly suck
and his on-stage game seems to be quite a lot better now

I approve of these changes '-'

/e now let's discuss ivysaur on YI:B and Brinstar
requesting an ivysaur ditto on Brinstar for the next stream

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Making Pit's glides significantly shorter would have been a much more acceptable nerf to his recovery without also changing a large part of his on-stage game. The only conclusion to be drawn is that the team felt his on-stage game was too strong and safe, and that it needed to be less strong and safe.

Whether a character's key safe options being removed is a nerf or not is a matter of opinion.

I guess.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Making Pit's glides significantly shorter would have been a much more acceptable nerf to his recovery without also changing a large part of his on-stage game. The only conclusion to be drawn is that the team felt his on-stage game was too strong and safe, and that it needed to be less strong and safe.

Whether a character's key safe options being removed is a nerf or not is a matter of opinion.

I guess.
Well After seeing all the available stream footage of pit it looks like his moves have more frame safety. Specifically his aerials.

On thing I did mention about pit was that he was designed for defense first and offense as a secondary action. Meaning because he lacked frame safe moves he had to play defensive specifically against those with massive frame advantage on him and sometimes even against people who were just powerful and able to tank his hits and kill him. His overall design suggests run away and attack only when it's safe which is what most pit players do to some extent. Arrow, Arrow, Arrow,Arrow Spam_arrows(pun intended). Now, He seems to have the emphasis taken off running away and getting to a safe place to set his offense up. Now he seems geared for actually going into the the kitchen and getting a sandwich.

I've been testing out potential combos that may work in 2.5 Basically trying to find what would still work minus without having the glide.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
wat
for which on-stage actions does he need more than one glide
I don't count way-above-stage as on-stage, if you're referring to stuff GuruKid did
that stuff also wouldn't be safe on like half the characters
while apparently it was on some characters
which is not good game design
also you're exaggerating so much :V

Could you please tell me which "key safe options" of pit require more than one glide ? this is a serious question
or whatever a "key safe option" of Pit was

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Nerfing glide makes his weaving game suffer more than anything. His general offensive game is more rewarding, and he will feel more entertaining for both the Pit player and his opponent.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
If pit is hit out of onstage glide, does he still lose the second glide? If not, that's a buff, because onstage glide is now usable for things that aren't b-reversing.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
People need to stop making assumptions based on a single video stream when they don't know the changed mechanics behind what they saw.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think the comprehensive number of changes on a whole are ridiculously hard to theory smash about in general. Most theory smash on stuff that's already playable and testable is already sketch to begin with.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I get the feeling that the use of Ike for this demonstration was intentional.

Might be just me.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
so i was playing P:M with a few people from my old melee crew last night, we got some replays, it's gonna be a bit before i get them uploaded tho.

i might've found a hiccup on Pokemon Stadium/Melee as Bowser, it was recorded so i'll post the video once i get it up

:phone:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
You've only met 1 Ike...
I've only met 1 Ike that is considered good enough to place high in tournies, yea. But I've played plenty of other people who use Ike. All with varying levels of skill.

But you're right, so....

OPEN CHALLENGE TO ALL IKES

Come get ***** by me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom