• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
im still waiting for someone with the skills to make me a boggy the bear (from Banjo Kazooie) for Dedede

I will pay top dollar (not really kiding)

ill also come back to the community and be your lord and savior.

SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT!!

ALSO IKEEEEEE

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually, if someone makes the Pig from Diddy Kong Racing (Wizpig? I think) that would be my one true wish.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Lol yes I should have.

On topic, Charizard beats Peach, discuss

:phone:
You and I both know that... :troll:

Kill power? Resistance to CC? I'd say these are important qualities that pit is decidedly on the low end of the scale on. More importantly, Kill power is a significant portion of what makes a character good, and should be weighted accordingly. He'd get like a 2.5 on a kill power scale, if you asked me.
Pit's kill power is made up for with gimp power. Resistance to CC? Well, try CCing his jab. :smirk: I do agree that Pit is pretty weak in those departments, though.

Which is not what he stated
Besides, the reversal is far more important
I was defending Rikana's assertion that Mario's cape is much more annoying in P:M. The damaging part is very important, IMO. It allows Mario to damage rack even when the opponent is shielding.......which shielding is supposed to prevent. The whole point of shields is that they can only be circumvented by shieldpokes and grabs. Mario's cape disobeys this law. Being reversed in shield is annoying but taking damage on top of that is ridiculous.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
About Mario's dair, it frame-traps really nicely into stuff like uair/nair (if Mario's still in the air) and utilt (if he lands with it).

Why does Wario have to kill himself for so many of these edgeguards unless he has a Waft stored? That's........********. It's like he can't edgeguard with anything but a single move unless his stock has lasted for at least a minute (or however long a Waft takes to charge).

Ike has no hitbox when rising up
That's why the sword is there. :p FD is particularly obnoxious with this 'cause the sloping underside allows Ike to throw his sword really deep into the stage.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Item Catch: Z to catch a thrown item/pick up a non-active item from the air. Z can not pick up an item you recently dropped/threw for whatever reason
Instant Catch: Airdodge to catch/pick up an item from the air instantaneously, regardless of whether Z will grab the item or not.
Item Throw: A/C-stick to throw an item
AGT: Airdodge, canceled by an item throw
Instant Throw: Instant Catch, canceled by an AGT.
Waddledashing: How to win @ this game.
Can you clarify this? For one, how is your definition of "Item Catch" any less 'instantaneous' than your definition of "Instant Catch"? Or are you saying that an Instant Catch has to be the precursor to an Instant Throw? Can't an "Instant Catch" simply be called an "AD Catch"?

Secondly, what do you mean by the bolded portion above? When would an AD catch something that a Z-catch wouldn't?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol I just said "Nope. Not allowed to bring dev build to tournaments :p"

But I decided not to say it because I realized metroid was obviously kidding around and I didn't want to look like a ****** xD

Guess I failed.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
All I know is that the Melee tournament is at 3:30 and that I'm staying in a room overnight. Everything else is unplanned.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, I have some matches featuring Rat, Vro, and me from yesterday's Vro Zone! We thought we had recorded more matches, but I pulled a fail and forgot to hit the "record" button. Note that these matches are pretty casual; Vro didn't use Ike, Rat was having controller issues, and I'm the scrub learning how to not get baited like a fish.

Vro (Link) vs Rat (Sonic)
Vro (Link) vs metroid (Ike) 1-2
Rat (Sonic) vs metroid (Ike) 1-3
Vro (Falcon) vs Rat (Sonic) 1-2
Vro (Falcon) vs metroid (Ike) 1-5

#hashtagswaghashtag

In other news, I am really enjoying working on Project M again.
This post makes me so happy.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
My Wii broke so I can't play P:M anywhere but at places it's brought to and I have been busy with life so I haven't made it to GC in a couple months. I'm going to try to make it to the coming GC though, if you or Shadic are going at least.

metroid1117

Smash Master
And why do I not know about this "Vro Zone," eh!?
Vro posts about it in the Chicago-land Melee Facebook group, you should try joining or asking someone to invite you! It's a long drive from Arlington Heights because of traffic though, it took me ~1.5 hrs to get there whenever I came from Buffalo Grove.

Rat

Smash Lord
The kind you john about a lot. ANd then lose cause you got beat by better players. BUt then blame on controller johns.

aka the only kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom