• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
that **** is sigged FOREVER.

I will make it my new mission to make sure as many people see that godlike post.

my god

10/10 would die from laughter again.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bubba: It sounded like you were suggesting Link would do pretty ok vs Fox due to similarities with Marth, but there's not a lot in common with them and Link benefits more from his specific tools anyways like Upb.

As for OOS/close quarters, it depends. Marth's shield grab would probably be faster than Link OOS Nair due to jump squat (idk how much Link has but it's probably 6+). Upb probably is faster but also extremely punishable if you miss/if janky stuff like CC tech happens. Other options like Link's own grab or Usmash are slower as well. Marth doesn't have a lot of variety for dealing with pressure once he's forced to shield, doesn't have a good option to cover his back, but Marth is also harder to put into that position due to his mobility.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Lol why even worry about the link vs marth MU. Neither of those characters are Ike.

Ike dittos are the past present and future of P:M tourneys.

Also, lol marth sucks.
Haven't played a good Ike but the boomerang seems to stop his side-B shenanigans somewhat, and in general, yes Marth does somewhat suck, he's one of the few I think needs some kind of buff, I don't think he's bad really, just that everyone else got better than him

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
1. Your post didn't imply anything of the sort.
2. Kappa

:phone:
Did you even look at the post before, and who I was quoting? I'm not going to quote a million times just so people like you don't make an *** of yourself, if you care at all, look back at what I initially quoted and said, if not whatever, I really don't care what a bunch of internet nerds think about me anyways

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
PMS II videos now going up on my youtube channel! Teams first, then singles. I'll put them all in a playlist when they're finished.

34 total entrants for Project M (bigger than The Big House 2 :p). Lots of hype matches and solid commentary. Congrats again to the top 3, Eli, Nintendude, and Ryoko. Thanks to everyone who came out, and thanks to everyone who watched the stream! I'm really looking forward to PMS III in a couple months. Project M gets far and away the most entrants of any type of smash tournament in MD/VA anymore, and I only see it growing from here.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Did you even look at the post before, and who I was quoting? I'm not going to quote a million times just so people like you don't make an *** of yourself, if you care at all, look back at what I initially quoted and said, if not whatever, I really don't care what a bunch of internet nerds think about me anyways
Hahahahahahahaha.

Petty name calling. I love it.

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
34 total entrants for Project M (bigger than The Big House 2 :p). Lots of hype matches and solid commentary. Congrats again to the top 3, Eli, Nintendude, and Ryoko. Thanks to everyone who came out, and thanks to everyone who watched the stream! I'm really looking forward to PMS III in a couple months. Project M gets far and away the most entrants of any type of smash tournament in MD/VA anymore, and I only see it growing from here.
Just to be fair, The Big House 2 had to have a cap on the number of PM entrants because Juggleguy said they didn't have the resources to run two large-scale tournaments. According to the attendance list, Melee Singles has 130 entrants, two more than the intended max of 128.

PMS is a legit series though, I'm really glad that PM is getting so much love on the East Coast. Keep the scene growing!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I know :p just a friendly stab. That cap is one of the reasons I decided not to go. I hope it goes well though. Looking forward to the placings and videos.

abcool

Smash Ace
Did the PMBR make changes to Delfino plaza? I was trying to change the texture on that stage when i realize one existed in the folder. Now i am stuck with that day stage, so the music i wanna put on that stage sucks now. What changes were made anyway? Also, is thePMBR planning on adding Melee battefield in addition to the one you have now?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Can you clarify this? For one, how is your definition of "Item Catch" any less 'instantaneous' than your definition of "Instant Catch"? Or are you saying that an Instant Catch has to be the precursor to an Instant Throw? Can't an "Instant Catch" simply be called an "AD Catch"?

Secondly, what do you mean by the bolded portion above? When would an AD catch something that a Z-catch wouldn't?
Read things with better understanding please. You can't Z catch item[s?] if you recently dropped/threw one. Air Dodge will always catch it. When you drop an item, the only way to catch it without having to wait for however long, is to instant catch it, using air dodge. If Snake could just grenade drop and Z-catch them, he would, but he can't, so he doesn't. Instead he instant catches them.

By air dodging.

You can't catch items with Z if you recently dropped/threw one.

You can only air dodge to catch items, in the air, if you recently dropped/threw one.

Is there something you still don't understand about that or.....?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Fest today @ my place

So far Gallo and Gurukid are on their way
More coming maybe:
Leelue
Bubbaking
maybe others

We'll record some replays I suppose

#EliIsTheMetagame
Replays? Is that a play on what Neko said? What about a stream with face cam?

cannedbread

Smash Lord
Why is that offensive?

seriously, I feel like, you guys don't get me, at all, not even a little
it's, just that, sometimes, you make, like, really, irrational claims, and like, we disagree.

try spacing with ftilt. and i mean actually try, not theorycraft to me about why it wouldn't work.

also don't take what neko says to heart, after all he's just a cat.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
it's, just that, sometimes, you make, like, really, irrational claims, and like, we disagree.

try spacing with ftilt. and i mean actually try, not theorycraft to me about why it wouldn't work.

also don't take what neko says to heart, after all he's just a cat.
That's fine if you disagree, no need to make fun of me instantaneously for it, how about you guys be civil and explain to me why I'm wrong instead of making a big joke out of something I say when I'm not that experienced at this game, sure I've said I think I'm the best Link but ONLY Link and because I didn't think anyone else who's any good was playing him, NOT because I think I've mastered this game

I have tried, it works somewhat but with Fox I usually get N-aired, I'll upload a video showing how I've been trying to use it, keep in mind, when I upload a video, it's usually from 4-5 weeks ago, I have a lot, so when I decided to try f-tilt, it's not shown in my last videos, it's not that I haven't been trying to use it now

And sure, he doesn't seem to hard to ignore, I just don't understand how I offended him and why he feels the need to to make fun of me

Looks like we've got ourselves a badass over here
Seriously, how is that offensive? My cousin is a nerd, there's nothing wrong with it, you act like it's a bad thing, it's not, so then why? I seriously don't understand

btw hotdogturtle if you're even watching this thread I can't make it, sorry but a hotel with women >>> a hotel with smash ;)

iLink

Smash Champion
Seriously, how is that offensive? My cousin is a nerd, there's nothing wrong with it, you act like it's a bad thing, it's not, so then why? I seriously don't understand
Your diction used the word "nerd" in a derogatory manor

Don't even act like you didn't mean it that way lol

In other news, I gave G&W an honest try the other day. I really think people are underrating him. He's not amazing, but I definitely don't think he's even in the bottom 5.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i meant spacing ftilts against marth since it's range is comparable to his. against fox ftilts are pretty good at edgeguarding illusions.

and don't mind him either he's not even a real person

he's a blender

cannedbread

Smash Lord
In other news, I gave G&W an honest try the other day. I really think people are underrating him. He's not amazing, but I definitely don't think he's even in the bottom 5.
he's underrated for sure

he's disjointed and hits hard

kind of like ike!

but he's just too 2 dimensional (lol get it) to be even top 10

iLink

Smash Champion
Yeah the only thing I wasn't very fond of was that recovering totally sucked most of the time. I didn't feel like his lightness was too much of a bad thing. SH double bacon is still amazing and I don't understand why people don't spam the s*** out of it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
because it's gimmicky as **** and not 100% reliable due to how bacon works. lol.

If one piece of sausage travels at the wrong arc at the wrong time, you're pretty much free.

iLink

Smash Champion
If you use it while retreating, you can generally give yourself an idea of where they are going while giving yourself some room to try again or try for a few pokes. Your opponent still needs to confirm where it is as well or he is recklessly rushing in. Not to mention that frying pan also has a hitbox on it. Generally it makes people not want to approach in the air and you usually have enough time to retaliate with something like a jab or dtilt if they are trying to run under the bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom