• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Question! Hopefully someone will be able to give insight into this. When the Melee online thing is finished for melee will it be able to carry over to project m (through brawl of course) so that we can play faster paced online games?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
There is no character in this game that truly sucks in v2.1, IMO. But GnW and Ness clearly seem to be close to the bottom of the barrel in this batch at least to me and a lot of people. I imagine that of the 29 characters in this game the worst character is about a C. Ness and GnW are my C's. Worst character in Melee is either an F or a D-.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Pm is certainly the most balanced smash game. For now atleast. It's funny how they were able to do so much with balance without flat out nerfing.

:phone:

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Yep, maybe now they won't dominate the entire metagame. Fingers crossed... But they are still hella popular, fools be sticking to what they be knowing.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Is it? I thought link was hot garbage compared to mids and highs, but I don't really follow that game any more so I would not be surprised if I was dead wrong.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Spacies don't dominate the Melee metagame. Sure there are a lot of them, but FC Legacy was the first major tournament that a spacy "won" (I put "won" in quotes because Mango used other characters for important matches) in several years.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got 3rd at my first tournament, very close to getting 1st/2nd though had some super intense games. Playing against a variety of characters was really fun and we got the venue hype during finals.

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmash/b/333943735

1 hour 10minutes is me vs Strongbad/Denti.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Youre right. But I think we both agree they are over centralized. In melee that is. I dont know how far they'll go in pm.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Spacies don't dominate the Melee metagame. Sure there are a lot of them, but FC Legacy was the first major tournament that a spacy "won" (I put "won" in quotes because Mango used other characters for important matches) in several years.
The only matches I remember were Falcon dittos against Darkrain, (which isn't a step up from the Fox-Falcon MU lol) and hearsay that he played Falco against somebody, who is still a spacie. Fox very much won FC from what I remember.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He may have gone Mario too, but again that's another Spacie.

Super Mario Galaxy

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
But Mario's a floaty in that game.
The irony of a low/no gravity space environment being represented by characters with a high falling speed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PM tourney was fun.
Denti is good.
Need to learn Lucario MU, very unique char that forces a playstyle change. Very exciting to be forced to adapt like that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. Denti (Lucario)
2. Strong Bad (DK)
3. Hylian (Link)
4. FAE (Lucas)

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Your diction used the word "nerd" in a derogatory manor

Don't even act like you didn't mean it that way lol

In other news, I gave G&W an honest try the other day. I really think people are underrating him. He's not amazing, but I definitely don't think he's even in the bottom 5.
I don't understand how, you're acting like it's a derogatory word, it's not, I don't know why you think that, I'm just saying I don't care what people on the internet think of me really, no offense meant. It's like, you don't understand my train of thought, at all.

And you're right about G&W, my friend is a pain in the *** with him

i meant spacing ftilts against marth since it's range is comparable to his. against fox ftilts are pretty good at edgeguarding illusions.

and don't mind him either he's not even a real person

he's a blender
Never thought of that, I'll try it but I feel like Marth's F-smash is too fast

LOL a blender

There is no character in this game that truly sucks in v2.1, IMO. But GnW and Ness clearly seem to be close to the bottom of the barrel in this batch at least to me and a lot of people. I imagine that of the 29 characters in this game the worst character is about a C. Ness and GnW are my C's. Worst character in Melee is either an F or a D-.
No way, G&W is pure madness with the bacon, and I think it's more that people don't play Ness, my friend tried him out and he was pretty beast

And why do people leave the original music on smashville? It's sooo bad, it's a bunch of random irritating noises sung by a dog

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It gets funnier every time you say it, ELI.

Hylian, I'm curious as to what your stance on Link's CG is. I didn't see you using it in your set with SB at all, and DK is probably by far the easiest character to CG.
I was worried about it. Then he didn't do it, and I was glad.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How long does it go for? DK being heavy and yet floaty compared to regular fast fallers would seem like he could avoid some of the more nasty ones like Ganon on Lucas. I guess because of how massive his body is and how zonky Link's grab is? Cause to me in certain clips, it looked like Hylian only had time for Utilt Nair or something if you were above.

???????

No way that's nasty LOL what the **** DK

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Strong Bad, you have the most beastly DK I've ever seen, awesome

Hylian, I'm curious as to what your stance on Link's CG is. I didn't see you using it in your set with SB at all, and DK is probably by far the easiest character to CG.
I was wondering this too, DK is so easy to CG, I can CG most characters for quite a while

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm guessing Hylian knows because his roomate DOES play DK a lot. That sounds awful though.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
How long does it go for? DK being heavy and yet floaty compared to regular fast fallers would seem like he could avoid some of the more nasty ones like Ganon on Lucas.

DK is hardly floaty even compared to spacies. Falcon Gravity: 0.13, Terminal Velocity: 2.9; DK Grav: 0.1, Term. Vel.: 2.3

Plus he has those massive arm hurtboxes that can all be grabbed in PM.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
So does this seem like I'm using Link's F-tilt right? Love the down-throw tech-chase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-r5qKmYacg&list=PL54DD4B4BF0D008A3&index=33&feature=plpp_video

BTW how's my C. Falcon, am I using the knee of justice enough?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67c1NIqexSQ&list=PL54DD4B4BF0D008A3&index=32&feature=plpp_video

Finally decided to give Fox a try... screw him lol way too much work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAt0Pcg9ZiU&list=PL54DD4B4BF0D008A3&index=34&feature=plpp_video

Also how do people feel about Sonic? He's fun to play, but I think he has trouble against Marth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7dooRukc0c&feature=youtu.be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom