• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What specifically was or felt wrong with your controller though? Did the control stick just feel off at the time, but felt normal the next day?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His Fair should be Jungle Wilderness Stick Slash of Bush Mongering

Fox beats Link no surprise Fox closes the gap quick, shine for projectiles, Shine again will dunk his recovery, and Lasers can force camping Link to approach

Not as bad as Melee's MU but there's no way it's even at all.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd assume most smaller stages Link would get poopoo'd on because he wouldn't have very much room to space. Huuuuge stages though he'd probably lose to M2K style laser and run Fox. Probably something like BF or something platformed.

Edit: Kage dramatically turning and then quietly saying "Brawl destroys Families" got me SO hard lool "Lucario kills families"

Kirk

Smash Champion
Vro posts about it in the Chicago-land Melee Facebook group, you should try joining or asking someone to invite you! It's a long drive from Arlington Heights because of traffic though, it took me ~1.5 hrs to get there whenever I came from Buffalo Grove.
I don't use facebook, so that could be an issue! Where in Chicago is it? I'm not in Action Heights anymore, I'm up in Waukegan...which would probably put me further away if anything...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not like he'd randomly be in this thread anyways.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is shanus lurking this thread? If anyone has a laptop at the hotel I'll see if I can give a status update later today.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
What do people think about the Link vs. Fox matchup?
Fox is a pain when he plays aggressive, fortunately my friend thinks the defensive Fox works lol but when he gets aggressive you have to be very careful, you screw up on keeping Fox at a good distance and you're screwed, and it tough because he's so fast, Fox definitely has the advantage but I've been playing the matchup so long that I've stopped dash dancing and whatnot because those lazers across FD don't let me

Is shanus lurking this thread? If anyone has a laptop at the hotel I'll see if I can give a status update later today.
Yea kid lemme know I might be able to stop by, what city in MA is it?

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Fest today @ my place

So far Gallo and Gurukid are on their way
More coming maybe:
Leelue
Bubbaking
maybe others

We'll record some replays I suppose

#EliIsTheMetagame

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno about that comparison. They might have comparable range or speed on certain attacks, but overall quite different. Marth has tools that make fighting Fox easier, one key difference being mobility. Link on offense and defense is not a swift guy. Marth covers enough ground in both scenarios to help him deal with Fox camping/approaching. It's much easier to bait out the Nair with dash dance and grab it with Marth for example, or Fox that's laser camping you run at him and cover mucho ground.

Actual attack wise, Link doesn't have a comparable Fair and he doesn't get the benefit of sword for Nair + Bair which are probably his 2 most likeliest aerials to be tossing out. Tilt wise they might be about the same, maybe small edge to Marth his Dtilt and Utilt may have better range or faster (along with the huge Utilt arc). Marth's overall ground game is much smoother than Link's and his projectiles aren't that effective at zoning/camping for this MU where as for the regular MU he can control quite a bit of ground/short air areas.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I got permission from VGBootcamp to upload the matches from PMS II, so expect those to finally go up within the next few days. They'll be on my youtube channel. Sorry it took so long everybody.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Fest today @ my place

So far Gallo and Gurukid are on their way
More coming maybe:
Leelue
Bubbaking
maybe others

We'll record some replays I suppose

#EliIsTheMetagame
Headin' out in a couple minutes.

I dunno about that comparison. They might have comparable range or speed on certain attacks, but overall quite different. Marth has tools that make fighting Fox easier, one key difference being mobility. Link on offense and defense is not a swift guy. Marth covers enough ground in both scenarios to help him deal with Fox camping/approaching. It's much easier to bait out the Nair with dash dance and grab it with Marth for example, or Fox that's laser camping you run at him and cover mucho ground.
True, but from my experience in the Marth:Fox MU, Marth has a bit of trouble in CQC. He lacks good OoS options, like a sex kick or an upB, both of which Link has. Marth can definitely space better than Link can, but I think Link can get out of tight spots better without getting nair/drillshined into oblivion.

Actual attack wise, Link doesn't have a comparable Fair and he doesn't get the benefit of sword for Nair + Bair which are probably his 2 most likeliest aerials to be tossing out. Tilt wise they might be about the same, maybe small edge to Marth his Dtilt and Utilt may have better range or faster (along with the huge Utilt arc). Marth's overall ground game is much smoother than Link's and his projectiles aren't that effective at zoning/camping for this MU where as for the regular MU he can control quite a bit of ground/short air areas.
Well, to be fair, I only said that their grounded moves were comparable. I'm well aware that Marth is much faster in the aerial department. Marth's utilt doesn't really cover more space than Link's and I don't think it's faster, either. They just have different arcs, causing them to cover different areas of space effectively. I kinda like Link's utilt arc more, 'cause of how completely it covers his body. His bair and nair may not be sword attacks, but they're really fast pressure-relieving moves that help out a lot in a pinch. All this said, I'm not disputing anything you said, and I'd definitely believe that this MU is in Fox's favor.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
i laughed harder at this than i shouldve
You don't think it does?

The only thing I've really found effective against Marth is a crap ton of boomerangs and bombs, and Zair, Zair just shuts down his aerial approach, but Marth runs so close to the ground that if he doesn't jump, Zair goes right over him, then you get *****slapped with a dash attack

iLink

Smash Champion
You shouldnt be getting hit with marth's raw fsmash that much.

You can also block it and wavedash oos dsmash to punish it.

:phone:

Rikana

Smash Champion
Marth is really bad when you're under him.

Both in game and in bed.

Edit: Moreso bed.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
You shouldnt be getting hit with marth's raw fsmash that much.

You can also block it and wavedash oos dsmash to punish it.

When did I say I get hit with it a lot? I rarely do.

I was talking about strictly ground range, Marth's F-Smash has far more range and speed than Link's ground melee attacks

THAT'S ALL, nothing else, idk where you got the rest from

seriously now, you guys are silly to assume so much out of so little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom