• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
In that really bad pile of files that came out after melee, cape didn't reverse on shield

Stop spreading misinformation and place lower in tournaments plz

#[REJECTED]

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Pit is ok, he's not that amazing.
The fight is not on and he's not ready yet, I can defeat him.

:phone:
The thing about pit....it's really hard to explain this...but I'll try.

If you graded every aspect of a character on a scale of 1-10

Pit's average would be about a 6.5 Average.

He is a 6 in almost everything. Randomly he's a 8 or 9 in a few things but 80 or 85% of things he's just a 6 in.

ALSO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=856KDm8Ha-E

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
It's really hard to critique you off this video. I'm not trying to be mean/harsh but the fox looks pretty new to smash. Either that or he has absolutely no tech skill heh. You shouldn't be able to just stand still and shoot things while he's on the stage, ever. It's easier to critique a video where you are fighting someone better than yourself, or close to your skill level at least. I don't see any baiting and a lack of good movement in this video from both you and your opponent, where are the wavelands to mindgame, dashdancing, crossups..etc I don't see any high level play there :/ and I can only assume it's because the fox is very new to smash/melee.
I understand, he is new, and he tries playing defensive now because he can't deal with my projectiles, I told him an offensive Fox is the way to go but he won't have it.

Like I said I fought and beat the guy who won the P:M tourny in Framingham, I had to leave early cause my brother didn't want to stay, but I watched the stream and his last match was against a good Zelda player, Ryosaka or something? Anyways he beat that guy, idk if that counts for much but the dude was good with a lot of characters.

Thing is, I fight Temp differently because I ALWAYS play against him and I know his playstyle, that's why I beat him all the time, with other people I play differently, I'll have to make an appearance at another tournament.

I don't waveland with Link, his wavedash/land isn't good and i've never really gotten enough distance out of it to find it useful, unless you can show me some video examples.

Dashdancing I use to tech chase down-throws, I can manage like 7 downthrows in a row off that into pivot grab lol

I have videos where we use all that a lot, but after a while we just stop because we know what each of us is gonna do when we start dashdancing or whatever, I looked back though and I was surprised he wasn't wavedashing really, usually he can't get enough of Fox's wavedash

I could upload videos where I do much better, but I usually stick to ones where I do kinda bad but the match is more even cause I think he gets pissed at me when I upload matches 4 stocking him or at least having 3 lives left, I could I guess.

And btw any videos showcasing how/when side-tilt is useful? I REALLY need some examples because like I said I think it's useless and haven't found a good way to implement it, though I'd really like to

leelue

Smash Lord
Because Melee had dumb stuff, too. :(
Obv
but if you are listing pm character traits, one that has a melee incarnation, why regress to brawl if it isn't an addition from brawl? That's like saying "Oh, mario is better in this game because he has a tornado" or "Falco can pillar"

And btw any videos showcasing how/when side-tilt is useful? I REALLY need some examples because like I said I think it's useless and haven't found a good way to implement it, though I'd really like to
If you watched the videos he posted, you'd see one to end the game.

He is a 6 in almost everything. Randomly he's a 8 or 9 in a few things but 80 or 85% of things he's just a 6 in.
Kill power? Resistance to CC? I'd say these are important qualities that pit is decidedly on the low end of the scale on. More importantly, Kill power is a significant portion of what makes a character good, and should be weighted accordingly. He'd get like a 2.5 on a kill power scale, if you asked me.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I understand, he is new, and he tries playing defensive now because he can't deal with my projectiles, I told him an offensive Fox is the way to go but he won't have it.

Like I said I fought and beat the guy who won the P:M tourny in Framingham, I had to leave early cause my brother didn't want to stay, but I watched the stream and his last match was against a good Zelda player, Ryosaka or something? Anyways he beat that guy, idk if that counts for much but the dude was good with a lot of characters.

Thing is, I fight Temp differently because I ALWAYS play against him and I know his playstyle, that's why I beat him all the time, with other people I play differently, I'll have to make an appearance at another tournament.

I don't waveland with Link, his wavedash/land isn't good and i've never really gotten enough distance out of it to find it useful, unless you can show me some video examples.

Dashdancing I use to tech chase down-throws, I can manage like 7 downthrows in a row off that into pivot grab lol

I have videos where we use all that a lot, but after a while we just stop because we know what each of us is gonna do when we start dashdancing or whatever, I looked back though and I was surprised he wasn't wavedashing really, usually he can't get enough of Fox's wavedash

I could upload videos where I do much better, but I usually stick to ones where I do kinda bad but the match is more even cause I think he gets pissed at me when I upload matches 4 stocking him or at least having 3 lives left, I could I guess.

I don't feel like looking through all my videos for examples :/ lol but if you haven't already watched my videos I have about 10 up of my link or something. I don't use ftilt all the time, but enough to where I feel like it's useful, I like it as a spacing tool(don't have to commit as much as fsmash but still get some pretty good power) and for edgeguarding mainly.

Also, I don't know who the farmington guy is, post some names if you're going to say you beat someone >_> lol. Also I disagree about wavelanding. Wavedashing is meh with link but I find wavelanding very useful on platforms and when approaching to bait out moves.

cannedbread

Smash Lord

i agree but i think everyone underrates pit. he's a very versatile and balanced character.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I don't feel like looking through all my videos for examples :/ lol but if you haven't already watched my videos I have about 10 up of my link or something. I don't use ftilt all the time, but enough to where I feel like it's useful, I like it as a spacing tool(don't have to commit as much as fsmash but still get some pretty good power) and for edgeguarding mainly.

Also, I don't know who the farmington guy is, post some names if you're going to say you beat someone >_> lol. Also I disagree about wavelanding. Wavedashing is meh with link but I find wavelanding very useful on platforms and when approaching to bait out moves.
Yea I just use F-Smash to space, cause I fight Fox a lot and with side tilt, it's not quick enough, I usually get N-aired so I've relied on F-smash

Framingham lol, hotdogturtle, who was the guy with the orange controller who won the P:M tourny there? I remembered hotdogturtle's friend had a good Peach, I won but just barely, what was the matchup for that in melee?

Oh yea wavelanding is the **** on platforms, but we usually play flat stages, I'll run away and bait his fox to chase me then waveland backwards off a platform on Battlefield and FF a N-air or Back-air > turn around > 2 jabs > downsmash or grab

BTW I ******* love Zelda lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuSrfJj-nH0&list=PL54DD4B4BF0D008A3&index=30&feature=plpp_video

@3:44 lol love it

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah no. There's no way in reverse hell Wario wins that MU.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah, but it NEVER damaged someone in shield like it does in P:M now.

I'm pretty sure Mario's dair is better now than it was in Melee.

I think his Dair hitbox covers horizontally, especially near the tip of his feet, a bit better than before and he may have less landing lag. The other part of it I think is everyone wanting to approach/run in more than usual and that move is designed to completely stop that lol.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Mario dair in melee was annoying to l-cancel and had a landing hit that knocked people away.

Dair in PM kind of pulls them up a bit so it is a lot better for combos.

Not sure if it has a bigger hitbox or anything like that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That part is double edged though: I've noticed people jumping out or getting out of stuff due to that "pull". Mostly vs floatier characters or if Dair hits them early and you drop quickly from a fast fall.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i don't go on the PM forums, so i didn't know that was there - Thanks so much for directing me there though :3

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just tested it and you can indeed AGT when you instant throw.

Edit: Apparently you can also cancel the throw part of it and just have the item stay in your hand if you land on a platform right after doing the ITAGT.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You mean you can instant throw when you AGT?

Or can you actually cancel the Instant Throw mid throw with an additional AGT somehow?
Ok so:

Normal instant throw:

Bomb gets thrown at mario -> mario airdodges to catch it and the presses c-stick forward to cancel the airdodge and throw it back at link instantly.

Just add in a control stick direction to that and it AGT's in the direction of your control stick.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It still seems to be saying what is happening backwards, by saying you can AGT when you Instant Throw, instead of the other way around, like saying Ness's Aerials can be canceled by Double Jump, but, yes, what you're saying can indeed occur. I'm sure Snakes will start making more use of it as grenade dropping grows and grows.

I think Instant Throw just needs to be elaborated as being an Instant Catch-> AGT, and AGT should not necessarily have to include a directional air dodge, just any air dodge.

So it becomes

Item Catch: Z to catch a thrown item/pick up a non-active item from the air. Z can not pick up an item you recently dropped/threw for whatever reason
Instant Catch: Airdodge to catch/pick up an item from the air instantaneously, regardless of whether Z will grab the item or not.
Item Throw: A/C-stick to throw an item
AGT: Airdodge, canceled by an item throw
Instant Throw: Instant Catch, canceled by an AGT.
Waddledashing: How to win @ this game.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I thought the instant aerial glide toss thing was common knowledge.

It seemed pretty intuitive when I was screwing around with Tink last week.

And I feel like I used it in one of R.O.B.'s super recovery methods too.

@Kink
I think Instant Throw just needs to be elaborated as being an Instant Catch-> AGT, and AGT should not necessarily have to include a directional air dodge, just any air dodge.
IMO instant throw should be a separate term from AGT. Although they're very similar inputs, AGT does not imply instant throw, nor does an instant throw imply an AGT. If you instant throw without making a directional input for the airdodge, it's not an AGT since you're not glide-tossing, just throwing.
The two could be combined when you do an instant throw with an aerial glide toss into IAGT (instant aerial glide toss) I guess, but I just feel like they should be separate terms.

Life

Smash Hero
Instant throw is catching an item and then immediately throwing it.
Instant AGT is airdodging into an item to catch it and then immediately throwing it.

In our imaginary Venn diagram, the instant AGT bubble is inside the instant throw bubble.

However, not all AGTs are instant. So our Venn diagram has an AGT bubble on the left, an instant throw bubble on the right, and instant AGT on the overlap.

I have no idea where I was going with this.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
You can still AGT with a neutral airdodge, you just don't cover any distance doing it.
That's not an aerial glide toss then.

The "glide" part implies that you move.

That's like saying Jigglypuff has a grounded glide toss in Brawl because she can cancel her roll with an item toss, even though it gives her no momentum at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom