• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean he was kinda like that in Brawl lol. Low priority always been a pain for Sonic. Right now he's like an annoying gnat... but he can combo and stuff.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
hey guys I made my own personal tier list if anyone cares
this comes from comparing playing online and offline with friends, as well as watching some amazing highlights of some Project M tournaments
And finally this list goes from those who are op and overused down to those who are not as good or strong and hardly ever used

Project M 2.1 offline tier list in (characters inside the tiers are in no particular order)

mario, bowser, ganon, ike, lucario = S tier
marth, fox, falco, zelda, capt. falcon, toon link, sonic = A tier
charizard, link, sheik, zelda/sheik, wolf, ness, pikachu = B tier
dk, pit, lucas, luigi, peach = C tier
jigglypuff, rob, g&w, wario = D tier

I think this is pretty accurate, but I could be wrong...leave me your thoughts

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
In my defense, I haven't seen many AMAZING jiggs so far, but if you could link me that would be great as this list is ever changing with the builds and stuff

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
+1

Sonic is so dumb lol. Run away -> spin-diarrhea combos.

*A wild Hitbox appears!*
*Critical Hit!*
*Sonic Fainted*
that's how you play sonic lol, but seriously his mixups are gdlk and that powerful fsmash and dsmash is the key to victory most of the time.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
hey guys I made my own personal tier list if anyone cares
this comes from comparing playing online and offline with friends, as well as watching some amazing highlights of some Project M tournaments
And finally this list goes from those who are op and overused down to those who are not as good or strong and hardly ever used

Project M 2.1 offline tier list in (characters inside the tiers are in no particular order)

I think this is pretty accurate, but I could be wrong...leave me your thoughts
Puff is Melee puff. Just because you haven't seen what she is capable of doesn't make her bad. That's like turning off the lights and saying nothing exists because you can't see it or something lol.

Anyways, if you want to discuss tier-list placement, please direct your posts to this thread. This generally shouldn't be the place to be discussing things like that.

that's how you play sonic lol, but seriously his mixups are gdlk and that powerful fsmash and dsmash is the key to victory most of the time.
...Uh. Ok. You didn't even respond to the issue I addressed.
"Run way ->spinspinspinspin"
"UH WELL, HIS FSMASH AND DSMASH ARE STRONK AND HE CAN SPIN LOTS."

And that [runaway->spin] basically IS how you play sonic, haha.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
so what...?

you don't like a character whose main attributes are... spinning and running fast. Is this all you're alluding to?

tenoutta/10 post.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't like the character. Am I not allowed to dislike certain characters? Lol
If so, I'm sorry and I'll try not to dislike him so much for being such a steaming pile of spin-diarrhea. :)

If you don't really care that I dislike him, then why would you bother responding? Haha w/e dude

foshio

Smash Journeyman
yeah he's kinda like all characters... he can combo when he can and leave the combo when he feels like it... he just feels like it more often... i mean hit and back away is fox's bread and butter because he is so good at approaching, sonic just doesn't punish as hard, hit as hard, or have a 'cool' of combos and he still gets combo'd and punished like other characters, he is just hard to hit... which to be honest is not a unique thing... (fox, puff)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm trying to figure out... if you were trying to add something eventually as a PMBR member or if you were just expressing dislike for the character.

Like, as a person who has more exposure to the game (and one of the people who does work for the game in your region) I thought you had some input, suggestions for change or something. But since you just expressed dislike for the character and junk, that's cool, do what you want. I was just wondering if you had anything productive to add after that GRIPPING lead in. That's all I was trying to figure out, lol. You had me in suspense, daze`.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Oh alright.
Yeah, I just wanted to say I agreed with GHNeko when he said he disliked Sonic. :p
We cool ;P

I'd probably give some actual input worth reading about how to make him less dumb or something if I wasn't PMBR. The last time I did something like that, I got scolded by Strongbad xD

But yeah, w/e man. There's quite a few Sonic mains that prefer that style, and that's cool. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just don't find him very fun to play or play against, personally.
-Kinda like how the average melee player doesn't like puff because she just puffs around. :p

9Kplus1

Smash Master

DDD, mario, bowser, ganon, lucario = S tier
jigglypuff, rob, g&w, ike, wario = D tier
fixed

:phone:

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord

Why in the world do you have Ness above Lucas? OU, DACUS, a longer wavedash, a shine and better DJC shenanigans should easily make him the better character.

In my defense, I haven't seen many AMAZING jiggs so far, but if you could link me that would be great as this list is ever changing with the builds and stuff
Watch pretty much anything Hungrybox does.

iLink

Smash Champion
Does sonic not have the tools or speed to bait out attacks and punish them or something?

iLink

Smash Champion
What do people think of Link in comparison to ToonLink in terms of who is overall better?

Same with Marth and Ike.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
link by far

marth is slightly better vs more characters

any list where ike is higher than b tier,.and or a tier is wrong. I still personally believe he is c tier, but I'm on the fence.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Link is better. Toon Link has to jump around more when setting up projectile walls and has much better bombs, but the degree of stage control Link gets from his boomerang as well as his chain grab makes him a bit better than Toon Link. Not terribly better, just a bit.

Marth is better. Faster SHFFLs, significantly better dash dance to bait things, better wavedash and ground spacing moves. Ike has power and momentum, but has a much harder time getting that momentum compared to Marth just dashing around the right range waiting for something so he can out space it.

It's not that black and white, but that's generally where I see the characters in comparison. I don't even really like comparing Ike and Marth. Ike and Falcon are more comparable honestly.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm much more comfortable with Toon Link's projectile game, but Link has both range and better KO moves of which he's almost as effective at leading into them as Toon Link is.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ike being C tier is absolutely absurd. I don't think he's broken but C tier? What the ****? Have you people ever played a competitive game before? lol I can't even believe someone would think that.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ike being C tier is absolutely absurd. I don't think he's broken but C tier? What the ****? Have you people ever played a competitive game before? lol I can't even believe someone would think that.
have you ever been good at one? clearly not.

leelue

Smash Lord
Does sonic not have the tools or speed to bait out attacks and punish them or something?

The problem is that nothing sonic does is dangerous. You can literally sit back and do nothing but short hop and he loses if your character has a "proper" nair and isn't exceedingly floaty. Or you can jab every time he comes near you because he doesn't actually have a move to approach when the opponent plays in a purely reactionary fashion. It's a skill that you have to learn.
Proof
I beat ryoko in friendlies, and in game one of our match. Somewhere in game 2 he was trying to adapt and finally (finally!!) Began to short hop and do nothing but the safe, quick disjointed options. I could only bait so much out of him from there.
Better proof
I already knew how to beat sonic, so I just ravaged Neko with all of my secondaries. When you know what to do against the character, you don't get pivot smashed or homed to death. You don't get manhandled by forward b. You just 3 stock him for free with 80% of the cast.
Interestingly... old fair... hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom