• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Alternatively, make Ike scarier and make his sword even more yellow but make his already bad yellow costume even worse by making it yellow and brown and green.

Also is there any particular reason Ike's red costume is so blue? It gets frustrating in teams because I'll accidentally hit my friend's Ike thinking it's on the blue team.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You should get a song that is a medley or whatever of every song ever made; Like every half second it changes to a new song so no one has to get bored. It would make a very complex and incohesive melody with plenty of reverb and gruff electric guitar sounds. You could even have a poly-rhythm with all the drum parts from all the songs playing over each other so you don't have to decide which one to use.

Popularity does not equate to quality.

Nerf Ike he's too scary and his sword is too yellow.
....VietGeek...?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
On a similar note, popularity does not equate to a lack of quality either. Popularity only relates to how much attention something is given.

For example, Falcon comma Ice Climbers. Falcon is far and away a more popular character, but both characters have merits that put them on similar footing that are intrinsic to the characters themselves, not to their popularity.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm on number 15 now, so in 67 days the series should be finished. The goal is to switch them out daily, but if I don't post for a day it's essentially for not, and finding arrangements that fit the feel of the character can actually be pretty difficult.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Hey, IDK if you guys knew, but brawl- is still on the front page of smash mods.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Project M doubles will be starting very soon!

That's a pretty great medley! Anyone have a link to the .brstm? I'm a little lazy right now...
I haven't uploaded it yet. It'll be part of my new music pack though, which I should hopefully be releasing sometime in the near future. Glad you guys like it!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Omni is doing some excellent commentary right now, you guys should check it out. Also we are winding down to the better teams matches.

:phone:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Um, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, or if I'm incredibly slow to discover this... but I just found something awesome.

You know how player two can control the 1st player slot in training mode, right? By entering training mode using the 2p controller? Turns out that if you do this, pressing shield will cause the computer to shield as well. Doesn't matter where/when you press it; you could be air dodging, or in the middle of an attack.

I just tested this on all the computer settings, works for all of them. Jump is a bit useless, as you can only affect the cpu when its on the ground; you can't force it to airdodge. Run and attack are also meh, as the computer can act out of the shield after you force it into it. Control gets extra lulz points for the ability to mess with your training partner.

This'll make it a lot easier to test shield set-ups/pressure. If it is a bug, I have to request the BR leave it in the game; it makes the training room so much better!

Edit: Just found out that it only works if shield is bound to the shoulder buttons. Probably has something to do with the light press code, then. Hmm... I wonder if non-shield commands tied to the shoulders will force the cpu to do things. Imma test that now.

Edit2: Yeah, only shield works. Tested all other commands, including taunts.

Kati

Smash Lord
Is the SSS being used in the vgbootcamp stream available for download?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Um, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, or if I'm incredibly slow to discover this... but I just found something awesome.

You know how player two can control the 1st player slot in training mode, right? By entering training mode using the 2p controller? Turns out that if you do this, pressing shield will cause the computer to shield as well. Doesn't matter where/when you press it; you could be air dodging, or in the middle of an attack.

I just tested this on all the computer settings, works for all of them. Jump is a bit useless, as you can only affect the cpu when its on the ground; you can't force it to airdodge. Run and attack are also meh, as the computer can act out of the shield after you force it into it. Control gets extra lulz points for the ability to mess with your training partner.

This'll make it a lot easier to test shield set-ups/pressure. If it is a bug, I have to request the BR leave it in the game; it makes the training room so much better!

Edit: Just found out that it only works if shield is bound to the shoulder buttons. Probably has something to do with the light press code, then. Hmm... I wonder if non-shield commands tied to the shoulders will force the cpu to do things. Imma test that now.

Edit2: Yeah, only shield works. Tested all other commands, including taunts.
It's a known bug caused by the light press code. I never thought of using it to test shield setups and pressure though, that's cool.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Compare DK usage to Ike usage.

Oh wait that's biased, look at DK results vs Ike results.

No wait that's biased too if more people use Ike... Hmm

Look at theory craft LOOK GUYS IKE SUCKS PICK SHIEK

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ofc DK is fine. The point being who in the world would ask for him to be nerfed after this? Ganon's gotten more cries for getting nerfed over Dthrow stuff than DK has or probably will get lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom