• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
please dont do anything to lucario,if lucario is nerfed lucario would suck to be honest.

So many complaints...lol

Crouch Canceling is kinda dumb in pm imo. I hope you guys nerf that crap hard

shanus

Smash Hero
Its funny that the pmbr actively just discussed his side+b just before this comvo happened. Long ago, i was fairly certain we testef his jab to sideb to be able to be rolled or spot dodged by buffering them, but we might have afjusted the KB on jab since that point. Anyways, lucarios free shieldgrab is something we are keeping an eye on.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
IF YOU GUYS NERF LUCARIO IM NEVER GONNA PLAY AGAIN.

oh wait there arent any lucario mains for this joke to really take effect lol
Vwins plays Lucario and I'm also about to play some more today. He usually beats me with those kinds of things even if im somewhat used to it, I don't feel like I'm playing a Melee game anymore.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Vwins plays Lucario and I'm also about to play some more today. He usually beats me with those kinds of things even if im somewhat used to it, I don't feel like I'm playing a Melee game anymore.
Ahh you guys should record, Vwins is probably the highest level melee player playing Lucario right now(shots fired fuzzyness), it would be interesting to see what he does.
Also when this conversation started I was on the fence about the whole thing, but as it has progressed I have been turning over to Kage and others point of view. I am glad that the back room is taking this conversation seriously and listening to everyone's feedback.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
CC can be countered.

And no I am not sad, I'm just being real.
So can hit confirmed command grabs?

I am also just being real. The amount of inescapable combos in melee is quite large, seeing a melee player complain about a command grab is very confusing.

iLink

Smash Champion
But you can't, I tried before.. you can't jump out and it didn't even looked like you can roll.
Please try rolling. Like I said in my post, you'd be surprised how many times you can actually escape it by rolling. I'm actually still not completely convinced it's guaranteed because of how many times I've avoided it this way.

EDIT: And if it doesn't turn out to be avoidable, can it be changed so it is but create a mixup with downb? What I mean by this is if you know the opponent is going to roll, you can chase them with downb instead of doing sideb for a punish or something of the like. So essentially just making it a tick throw but with the ability to cover other options like rolling or jumping.

EDIT2: Also did everyone ignore the fact that FALCO of all people might have one of these guaranteed grabs on shield?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm actually incredibly amused at supposedly good Melee players *****ing and whining over a command grab.

Like really? Really? Because you MIGHT not be able to roll, but oh you haven't tried to yet.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
too many mights itt. lucario's free force palms on shield is kinda bunk but then again lucario has a terribad approach so only time will tell. i think kage and others struggling with lucario will find a way to shut him down.

i'm wondering if upb oos will work with ganon...

^^ wavedash out of zelda's up-b to follow him?..
too risky especially when he's across the map. i just punish while he's pkt2 since the priority is bad but i'm not really ruling it out completely. it's just so suprisingly safe against zelda. faster characters or characters with more reliable projectiles will probably just stuff him so it won't be a problem.

iLink

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that is mostly fine with this Zelda?

Her fair/bair was pretty ******** in demo 1. The only real difference was how din's fire worked and it was still mostly useless in demo 1 when people realized they didn't really have any reason to be afraid of the fireballs.

Only thing I really think she needs is a rework on din's fire. Maybe just give it a slightly faster start-up or cooldown?

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i'm pretty much completely fine with how zelda works now. i just hate fighting campy marths. stop complaining about zelda and complain about characters that are actually need to be complained about.

iLink

Smash Champion
The only thing that people seem to be complaining about is how much zelda sucks

Along with every other character in the demo which also sucks

but they are also broken

iLink

Smash Champion
Next time, on Dragon Ball Z

Pikachu is overpowered and needs nerfs. Marth is struggling behind everyone and is terrible.

Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom