• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i got 3rd at a project m tourney this weekend going all zard and gaw...lost to pp and boss
my point being they're definitely not the worst.
its probably ness or something.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
i got 3rd at a project m tourney this weekend going all zard and gaw...lost to pp and boss
If by worse you mean requires major work from the player but still competitive, then yes Ness may be a low-tier hero, but to me Zard has bigger issues than Ness, who is a little dynamo and def. the best version of him never.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
hahaha qft. but no seriously he doesn't seem quite as good as he is in melee yet. his range feels shorter and his throws feel so much laggier in general.

he needs buffs
Only thing that felt different to me was his tipper range, but after playing him a lot more it feels basically the same. His throws should all be the same: Fthrow to Fthrow works on the same people I think, Uthrow CG the same, etc.

It's definitely not Ness. Awestin definitely shows that imo, his current matches from this weekend will def make Ness look decent lol.

Ness getting super underestimated in this thread.
Yeah he's solid but he's still kinda poop.

iLink

Smash Champion
Ness is one of those characters that probably has a lot of potential but there really isn't anyone to push them that far right now.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
after seeing awestin do his thang consistently, i'm pretty sure ness at least has guaranteed damage going for him. if he grabs you, you're going to take a combo, so just bend over and accept it. maybe you avoid the regrab, but he's going to at least get his happy dthrow-fair/whatever in.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
his instant dair and djc combos are the only thing preventing him from being mediocre. hes good, but every char has something going for them here. I'd def. say he's the worst, even if that doesn't mean hes bad necessarily.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His grab game is ok too, Dthrow to aerial is pretty easy regardless of DI or character. Idk I just can't see it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can SDI out of PK fire stuff (hard though), unless you're like Bowser LOL Ohhhh man I saw Bowser get PK Fire'd a lot this weekend it was painful. On shield you could maybe roll?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Can't ness pk fire your shield and get a guaranteed grab on you?
dont shield it.
spotdodge, jump over it, do something else. I had to play a ness in tourney actually and never got pk fired once (in my shield, I mean, I think he got me with it legit once or twice). its a slow move which makes it easy to react to, even when your sheilding. zard jump speed is pretty slow and that didn't stop me from making it work.

once you figure that out, hes not left with much else. though I did get PK flashed once. that was a shock to the sensibilities.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Can't ness pk fire your shield and get a guaranteed grab on you?
i don't think it's guaranteed, unless he's pretty close to you. you should be able to buffer the roll out of the way before he can get to you at "safe" distances.

iLink

Smash Champion
dont shield it.
spotdodge, jump over it, do something else. I had to play a ness in tourney actually and never got pk fired once (in my shield, I mean, I think he got me with it legit once or twice). its a slow move which makes it easy to react to, even when your sheilding. zard jump speed is pretty slow and that didn't stop me from making it work.

once you figure that out, hes not left with much else. though I did get PK flashed once. that was a shock to the sensibilities.
Yeah I know, I was just making a joke on people complaining about lucario getting a guaranteed grab on shield when you can just avoid the situation and not shield.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I've **** out gold bars before, FBS. It's not all that bad, just really painful. Ness is just like attempting to **** out gold bars, imo.
QFT

Ness is a squishy guy with short range. Not exactly a speedster either.
He does pack a punch but you're not gonna have boatloads of success landing anything outside of PK FIYAH or djc stuffs on good players. While he has tricksies (like anyone doesn't in P:M), among them is that midair jump which has always been a mixed blessing. It gives him cool options near the ground but it hinders his ability to combo or combat people above him. It doesn't help that he isn't especially fast on the ground either; if your intentions are to have him as a solid high risk/high reward character, IMO a couple of things should be tweaked.

The problem in my eyes: it's too easy to get the drop on Ness and too hard for Ness to do anything back. He can't move quickly enough to avoid good overhead approaches and he doesn't have good enough range or speed on his 1st jump + uair to quickly hit people who are significantly above him. To help solve combo'ing and combatting (respectively) said vertically superior people:

1.) maybe PK Flash could be made (even) more useful. Example: it could start a few meters above him, rather than at his head, and could make a short, light bounce upwards and then quickly descend - rather than ascending for awhile and then slowly descending - so that you can uair/juggle someone until they're too high above your head and then follow up with PK Flash. Or if Falco/Ike feels like approaching you from way up above to pummel you with his dair you could PK Flash, immediately dispel it and boom goes the dynamite.

2.) Perhaps his usmash could use (even) more love too. It would be pretty boss if his yoyo whizzed over him blazingly fast like some sort of anti-air mousetrap; I mean, having him REALLY let it rip when he lets his yoyo fly after setting it up in front of him, and it having a ton of priority. I really like yalls idea of usmash setting people up for combos and I feel this change would complement it nicely without leaving the move too ridiculous.

I'm considering a minor down the road in something game development-related, not because of my skills at programming or graphic design but my creativity. I've also known and been a fan of Melee/Project:M for the better part of my life. That's why I like giving you guys my 2 cents from time to time, because I really enjoy your work and I'd love to see you guys bring the best out of this mod's possibilities.

I feel like I'm having a hard time getting you guys to take my suggestions seriously. It's not my avatar...is it? ;_;
TOO BAD NOT CHANGING IT

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Marth is struggling behind everyone and is terrible.
Granted. I don't think marth is terrible, but the fact he's changed so little from Melee to P:M, I dont think he holds the same position he did in Melee. He feels like he'd end up of the bottom of high tier or top of mid by the time all the characters develop.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I think Peach got RAR FC Bairs, turning grab while holding a turnip, aerial glide tosses, cycling F-smash, better up-B height, a better side-B, improved item plucks, a better U-tilt, and the ability to D-smash at any time holding a turnip.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
She also has Brawl Peach's dash attack, which lingers much longer than Melee dash attack. Why so many buffs? @.@

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
I think Peach got RAR FC Bairs, turning grab while holding a turnip, aerial glide tosses, cycling F-smash, better up-B height, a better side-B, improved item plucks, a better U-tilt, and the ability to D-smash at any time holding a turnip.
Half of these things are mechanical rather than direct to Peach.

Marth also definitely has lower landing lag on his Dair.

ss118

Smash Master
^Marth's dair in project m is gdlk. I find myself using it waaaaay more than I ever do in melee.
I think he's very good in PM.

ss118

Smash Master
That isn't an issue with her being broken. It was an interesting dynamic that her options were limited based on her pulling a turnip; it was a risk vs reward scenario. You could even do stuff like read a turnip pull and jump on her for free pressure, fully aware that shield grabs and CC d-smash were out of the equation. Sure you still can't shield grab, but decent players would space moves to avoid that, anyway.

At least the "pivot" grab thing was cool and slightly difficult to properly set up. When would you press down on both sticks with Peach? Never? liar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom