• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
And the other half ....?
...only seems like a lot until you realize they don't change her style or level of dominance when it really counts. If she had a normal double jump like in the early phases of P:M or a much faster run speed, that would actually break her style and cause matchup skew.

She does not have improved item plucks, now that I noticed that being mentioned.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
For some reason it sounded like you meant the rate of item plucks, which is unchanged.
Bob-ombs blow up in your hand, either by timer or by getting hit without actually letting go of the bomb. Whether you think that's "better" is largely subjective.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, so serious question/inquiry - I posted this thread on SmashMods about problems with the "Attack" C-stick setting, but no one has responded yet. Can someone look into these issues?

metroid1117 said:
This bug was in vBrawl as well, but I wanted to bring it up because I don't think it should occur in the first place. Changing your C-stick to "Attack" causes you to perform jabs when you C-stick a diagonal direction on the ground. However, if you rapidly C-stick diagonally while on the ground (you can just turn the controller so that C-sticking diagonally becomes a downward direction), you'll do one jab for the first C-stick input and then jump for all subsequent inputs, even after you touch the ground. Can someone figure out why this occurs and if there is a way to fix this?

Also, in vBrawl, it is impossible to SDI with the C-stick if it is set to "Attack;" the same is also true in PM. I know that this is a result of how the game reads the C-stick input based on the settings, but would it be possible to change it so that the C-stick can SDI even when set to "Attack" instead of "Smash"? Would it be possible to add a code to read C-stick inputs as "Smash" inputs when in hitlag if the C-stick is set to "Attack"?
Also, Raynotac said these things as well:

Raynotac said:
Just a few points sorta related to what you're bringing up:

1. The jump can come from any directional input, not just diagonal.

2. In vBrawl, that setup causes tilt attacks. Now, only forward makes a tilt. Up and down make smash attacks.

3. Such f-tilts cannot be aimed up or down

`dazrin

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14847303#post14847303

Mith5/ PMP2 results if anyone cares lol

Top 4 in singles PM were kind of silly on the account that everyone was tired and Rusty didn't feel like playing seriously so he convinced his opponents (Yakal and Meta) to play ganon dittos/ zard dittos on the jankiest stages. (Pirateship, norfair, frigate orpheon, just to name a few)

So yeah, Rusty, Meta and Yakal could've been in any order. But Yakal probably would've won the whole thing if he wasn't burned out from taking 2nd in Melee.

And yes, JC, I'll put this up on Smashmods as well.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Attack stick not working for up/down is one of the reasons our resident DFW Brawl Ike player hasn't joined in on PM yet =/

Link is broken good sir
I clicked on that link expecting Link winning a tournament. I was disappointed :/.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that Daze meant to link this thread (which doesn't have Link winning a tournament).

Attack stick not working for up/down is one of the reasons our resident DFW Brawl Ike player hasn't joined in on PM yet =/
What features of the PM attack stick does he dislike? I only use it for C-sticked NAirs, so the changes to the ground C-stick didn't bother me.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching videos and playing the demo and while I think it's awesome, I wanted to give some thoughts. I'm not really that great of a player so I could be wrong but some of this might be worth considering.

For Link, he seems pretty good but I miss his old arrow angle. I know that the new arrow angle was probably chosen just to make it more useful but I and another person I play with would like a non-held tap at least to go at the same angle. We both had uses for that in Melee and miss it. His bair connecting better I think would be cool.

I've seen some discussion about Marth and I think he is probably worse in the context of this game (assuming he works just like Melee and there isn't something I'm/we're missing). I think he's still a fine character but that some other tools/tricks and or minor buffs would be nice. I thought about something like the ability to reverse dancing blade in some way, but I don't really know that that would mean much--I just thought it might be cool.

As for Ike, I think it will have a lot to do with specific matchups as to how he fares but I think his ability to control space and his potential in general with tricks out of QD will only get better. I've seen a lot of swatting people around and I wouldn't mind if his tilts were slower so that he had to commit to them more, not to mention maybe a slightly slower fair. I think his recovery maybe should be adjusted in some way as well maybe in his delay until he goes up towards his sword for upb or something to that effect. I think that changes like these would make the character a more focused character that would have to think more and commit more to what he's doing. I do like how the character was changed and QD is awesome.

Zelda might have a tad to much defense on her teleporting, but I'm not sure.

I don't really have anything for any of the other characters at the moment. One thing I was wondering is if roll/dodge buffering could be down with a more extreme motion (like a smash) so that it's easier to steer the shield (it seems easier to get poked in general) and just not do it on accident as much for the crappier player (as well as perhaps tightening up the window). I think it would just feel better for everyone.

As for crouch canceling, I wonder if there be an experiment with adding 2 or so frames of stun to the grounded croucher and see if people like that. Maybe I'm totally off on this stuff, I don't know.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So can hit confirmed command grabs?

I am also just being real. The amount of inescapable combos in melee is quite large, seeing a melee player complain about a command grab is very confusing.
I'm not complaining, I said it's an inconsistency in the principle of melee.

But ya, i had fun today, I played like 8-9 hours of P:M. Zard is pretty bad but he has fun combos though, the dragon!!!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well let's see here, I'm still playing vs ikes even in MTL and I gotta say even though they are lower skilled than me, I still almost lose. That character man... lol. I played vs all 3 spacies, Lucas, Lucario mainly. And I tried Wolf, Charizard, Ike, Falcon, Ganon, Marth, Fox, Falco. Having an easier tech skill barrier for Fox is pretty nice.. because of that I still think he's one of the best. I feel like it's a strong reason why he can be.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well let's see here, I'm still playing vs ikes even in MTL and I gotta say even though they are lower skilled than me, I still almost lose. That character man... lol. I played vs all 3 spacies, Lucas, Lucario mainly. And I tried Wolf, Charizard, Ike, Falcon, Ganon, Marth, Fox, Falco. Having an easier tech skill barrier for Fox is pretty nice.. because of that I still think he's one of the best. I feel like it's a strong reason why he can be.
Did you ever try rolling away from lucario's sideb?

I'm going to try to see if I can personally test it frame by frame to see if it actually is guaranteed tomorrow.

On that note, can't you still mash out of lucario's sideb before he throws you at low percents?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Did you ever try rolling away from lucario's sideb?

I'm going to try to see if I can personally test it frame by frame to see if it actually is guaranteed tomorrow.

On that note, can't you still mash out of lucario's sideb before he throws you at low percents?
Nope we tried, you really can't do anything OOS if Lucario does it properly on shield. He can do a grounded move into side-B and it also connects.

With that said now, Lucario is definitely not broken but he's very good, definitely high tier. We were debating if Ike is better than spacies, I think it can be possible.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
For Link, he seems pretty good but I miss his old arrow angle. I know that the new arrow angle was probably chosen just to make it more useful but I and another person I play with would like a non-held tap at least to go at the same angle. We both had uses for that in Melee and miss it.
asked for this before, waiting on it to happen. It really does have it's uses and can get gimps that the boomerang and current arrow arc can't hit. I don't see why they can't just give a non-tap melee angle, and make it P:M arrows on the next frame

MaxThunder

PM Support
tonight i had a weird dream where zard was a good character and i was crushing everyone in a PM tourney with him...
I won GF by beating armada's foot (lolwut?) in monopoly... then o shouted firebreath and threw fire at it...

then i woke up...

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
She also has Brawl Peach's dash attack, which lingers much longer than Melee dash attack. Why so many buffs? @.@
Just wanted to tune in and say that this is incorrect after double checking this. Peach's dash attack hits frames 6-20 just like Melee. If it feels longer for some reason, then you don't remember how good this attack was.

ss118

Smash Master
tonight i had a weird dream where zard was a good character and i was crushing everyone in a PM tourney with him...
I won GF by beating armada's foot (lolwut?) in monopoly... then o shouted firebreath and threw fire at it...

then i woke up...
You need to stay off the spicy food.

Reminds me of a friend's dream where he was having friendlies with Hbox and jiggs just turned into fox and shined falco out of the side-b... and my friend's comment was just "Nice move"

metroid1117

Smash Master
Walking is for vBawrlers, here in P:M we DD and WD, among other things. We don't get punished for running, you see...
Actually, Melee does punish for running - you can immediately dash in the opposite direction during in your dash animation (hence dashdancing), but not in your run animation. You'd put yourself in a much worse position if you get caught outside your dashdance range when retreating from someone in Melee, but PM's new techniques such as RAR'ing and pivot grabbing (both of which were borrowed from Brawl) make the above scenario better compared to Melee.

MaxThunder

PM Support
You need to stay off the spicy food.

Reminds me of a friend's dream where he was having friendlies with Hbox and jiggs just turned into fox and shined falco out of the side-b... and my friend's comment was just "Nice move"
nah that's how mah brain works... i should start writing down my weird dreams or something...

that dream's nothing compared to the one time i thought i was dreaming cause of something i can't remember... and then i woke up and my bed was on fire... so i jumped into the pool, only to remember i don't have a pool... and woke up thinking i was awake... then some guy showed up with marth's sword and ken comboed me out my window...

iLink

Smash Champion
Actually, Melee does punish for running - you can immediately dash in the opposite direction during in your dash animation (hence dashdancing), but not in your run animation. You'd put yourself in a much worse position if you get caught outside your dashdance range when retreating from someone in Melee, but PM's new techniques such as RAR'ing and pivot grabbing (both of which were borrowed from Brawl) make the above scenario better compared to Melee.
Isnt that what wavedashing is for? Granted it isnt too short or really slow.

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Isnt that what wavedashing is for? Granted it isnt too short or really slow.

:phone:
Yes, but the wavedash animation takes 10 frames (not including the jumpsquat frames) and it's harder to be precise with wavedashes compared to dashdances. Also, in the scenario above where you're running away from the opponent (and can't turn around immediately), you'd still be facing away from them after you wavedash away. It's certainly not a bad option, but it's definitely not the best place to be.

Also, Mad and I might be streaming today. We'll see how setting it up goes, but if we do stream then we'll post the link in this thread.

Rat

Smash Lord
U live in chicago?

edit: google maping Misty Lake

edit2: Nope not gonna happen. Too far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom