• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It all depends on their spacing beforehand. If they're all up on you and hit your shield, you probably deserved it. If they're spaced, you can SDI away from the side-b.
Oh really? Then ya I'll just shoot **** all day and not confront the opponent whatsoever because I have perfect spacing and it's not possible to hit my shield, dude cmon man...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Definitely not, I'm stating reality. Having a match without any shielding is completely unrealistic.. the situation happens a lot more than you think.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The basic point though is... well why can Lucario do that? Uniqueness is fine, but there's a hint of silliness in it that lingers because it's unique in a powerful way. Lucario's trick is kind of like biting the Golden Apple and being ok. P:M is a wonderful game and has amazing potential, but don't lose sight of balance because of the dazzling instinct to give people powerful tools, even if it's truly unique.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm fine with super armor because at least you can counter with Grab or have good spacing to prevent getting hit or something like that, that kind of uniqueness is ok but.. just like you nerfed Ganon's side-B to have guaranteed easy techchases, you should remove something like Lucario's grab too based on the principle you nerfed Ganon's side-B when it landed.. it's the exact same thing.. having a loss of your character's control at any time is BS in a game like Melee.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I don't think Zelda is broken...
But I do think that it's extremely boring to play against her.
So I sometimes do stupid **** in the match to keep myself awake.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Complete list of broken characters in Project M:

Fox
Falco
Jigglypuff
Fox's Uair
Ike
Lucario
Fox's Down-B
Zelda
Sonic
Sheik
Lucas
Link
Sheik's Needles
DK's Down B
DK himself
Fox's Bair
Pichi Hime
King Dedede
Toon Link
Link's nair
Peach's D-smash
Mario
Marth
Ike's Fair
Fox's U-throw
Falcon's Dair auto-combos
Falcon's Dash Dance
Sonic's Moon Walk
Falcon himself
Wolf
Pit's Arrows
Pit
Bowser
Ike's Up-B
Ganondorf
Luigi's Side B

ss118

Smash Master
I just wanted to add my opinion to the Lucario discussion a bit back.

He's a very annoying character to fight against if you only play melee. Trying to get in with weak moves like fighting games usually doesn't work because you can just auto CC any jab and get free punishes off of them, hell even spaced ones you can SDI+CC into them for a grab. Lucario laughs at this and just side-bs you for it, so the correct response is as SB said; SDI. But instead of down and towards, up and away from the weak hits. It means Lucario can throw out more weak, quick moves than any other character in the game to attempt hit confirms and have actual "mix-ups" on shielding opponents. But that's what he was designed to do to make him an original character that wasn't defensive like his brawl variant, so gj.

Still think Wario is the worst character in the game. Falcon also seems kinda bad, and Charizard is looking worse as me+my friends play the game a bit more. Still no opinion on Pit/ Lucas, but Wolf has jumped TREMENDOUSLY on my list of viable characters.

**** Sonic. He shouldn't be allowed in this game. I have yet to play him and I won't really let my friends touch him, but he seems to be a mindless piece of bull**** that does what he wants. And the sad thing is, he might not even be that good. His design should not be allowed in anything resembling melee.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Side B grab would come out in frames of attacks+1, or, by itself on frame 10. When canceled it ignores any current hitlag Lucario is in and goes immediately into the grab on the next frame.
Cancelling into sideB does not skip the startup at all.

Also, cancelling into specials does not skip hitlag. You cannot change actions while in hitlag with lucario.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Welcome to my world. It's filled to the brim with bad trolling, rolled eyes, and a large ignore list. Want a drink? It might be a while before the discussion in this thread is worth reading.

:phone:
Yes please, I'd do that over anything right now. Trolling should be killed, it serves no purpose other than to be annoying and be ****ing stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom