• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Whoa!~ Really?!! :O

-Yeah they programmed that back into the game, it's pretty amazing :p

Speaking of falcon, if you don't think his knee is cool, then you're obviously not a melee player.

And you're all wrong, the best falcon combo's are in P:M because knee taunt. Meta duct-tapes his R button down (R set to up-taunt/footstool) when playing falcon so that every knee is a "YEESSSS!" knee.

Revven

FrankerZ
75 entrants for P:M at FC Legacy. Let's see how much bigger that number gets by tomorrow, what with tomorrow being the last day to register!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Man, really wish I could go to FC just to play P:M. It's only a 6 hour drive from me but it's so expensive and the days are so inconvienient :/.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If fc was later in the year, like, September at the earliest, and announced like, in January, I would have came.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Man, comon Hylian, no johns. :p

BC is flying in from the westest of the west coast in canada.

You MUST be a part of the legacy.
I've paid my dues for tournaments and travelling don't even give me that haha. I've been to FC's before, and I've been to every region in the US for tournaments several times.

The days FC is on are so inconvenient for me I really can't make it :(.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'm sure if you keep hosting PM tournaments, Hylian and I will find our way out to one of em eventually :D

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
This PROBABLY isn't the right place to post this, but why isn't there a character specific for Project:M yet? I kinda wanna be able to specifically talk about certain matchups and stuff.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Should probably wait until the games finished for that :o We'll have more backup by then and no excuses about wanting to discuss an incomplete game.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I understand where you're coming from, but considering there are tournaments, especially nationals that are hosting P:M events, I feel that some people would still like discussion on SWF. The difference between 2.1 and a final product is like NTSC and PAL, in a sense.

People still will want to talk about it even if it's not 100% complete.

How would one go about making a petition?

foo176

Smash Rookie
please fix the c stick lag right after you shield or air dodge or regular dodge and try to use the c stick it takes like a full second to actualy do the command and it's frustrating because they move or hit you by then also its the same thing with ganon's warlock punch also i sorta liked brawls air dodge system better instead of one and done while you are in mid air ( not asking you to change it it would be nice cpu's kill themselfs all the time by doing that)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@BULA
the difference between 2.1 and the final product will be huge. IE having at least 10 more characters, tons of physics fixes, and big differences in characters who weren't quite cutting it. The difference between PAL and NTSC is like... different angles for a couple moves/throws, something made into a meteor as opposed to a spike, slightly less damage... etc.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I'm guessing this exact idea probably came up in discussion a while ago, but in the event it didn't I'll bring up my recent thoughts on Olimar (though obviously I don't claim it's possible). Note that I won't be going into detail about moves and this is more of an outline of what I think he should do as I have neither the knowledge nor the patience to outline every move.

[collapse="Click for wall of text"]Basically what I was thinking was that his Pikmin would function more as traps. His side B would then plant the first Pikmin in line in the ground. If an opponent touched it, it would do some amount of damage to them and the Pikmin would die. What you may be wondering now is how Olimar would throw Pikmin. My thoughts were his A would pick up a Pikmin like a turnip or an item and pressing it again would throw the pikmin. Plucking Pikmin with B would no longer be random and would follow a specific order. What that order should be, I have no idea, but that's why I'm not a dev. In example let's say pikmin 1, 2, 4, and 6 are planted in the field. They would be in numerical order in line if Olimar uses the whistle to summon them from the field (note- down B if held would take each Pikmin back numerically. If released all Pikmin not with Olimar would die. If it is tapped twice all Pikmin return normally as they would in Brawl). However, if Olimar plucks Pikmin 3 from the ground next the order would then be 3 1 2 4 6. This combined with the Down B gives the player a way to control what Pikmin are in their party at that time. Personally I think his recovery is fine given that tethers have been "fixed", but I would like to see his on-stage grabs make use of the Pikmin chain as a tether, though obviously it would only be able to use ~3 Pikmin otherwise his grab range would be godly. Outside of this I really don't have any other ideas for him.[/collapse]

foo176

Smash Rookie
please fix the c stick lag right after you shield or air dodge or regular dodge and try to use the c stick it takes like a full second to actualy do the command and it's frustrating because they move or hit you by then also its the same thing with ganon's warlock punch also i sorta liked brawls air dodge system better instead of one and done while you are in mid air ( not asking you to change it it would be nice cpu's kill themselfs all the time by doing that)

NeoZ

Smash Ace
He's complaining about Warlock Punch being slow and he wants brawl air dodge back, I'm not sure what to think of this.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
warlock punch is meant to be slow, its just what the move is

the air dodge wont be changed b/c it is a mechanic which allows wavedashing to exist.

Also the cpu's are being worked on, so in future releases they wont be killing themselves as much if at all

metroid1117

Smash Master
I have two things to say:

1) Fly and I recorded 10 friendlies from Rule 6 on Sunday, the first of 5 matches are here and the rest are here. Fly's D3 is AMAZING, I recommend that you get some snacks and watch him destroy me.

@Fly: I had a ton of fun meeting and playing you! I don't know when I'll ever see you again, but I certainly hope I do so.

2) The following are the results from a Project: M tournament held in IL. Rat posted this in the Results board, but I've copy+pasted the results here with the characters that I think people used.

Smashing Grounds: The Final Frontier 5 Project: M Results

Doubles:
16 entrants (8 teams)
1: Rat + Vro ($19) [Sonic + Ike]
2: ORLY + Trail ($9) [Bowser + ?]
3: Scythe + Arty ($4) [Wolf + ?]
4: Al + Jeff
5: JJJ
5: Fruitloop + Mundungu
7: Andale + Gooey
7: Team Rocket

Bracket

Singles:
16 entrants
$3 entry fee

1: Vro ($29) [Ike]
2: Dart ($14) [Marth/Snake]
3: Rat ($5) [Sonic]
4: ORLY [Bowser]
5: Andale
5: Trail [Bowser]
7: Oro
7: Scythe
9: Arty
9: Mundungu
9: Sveet
9: Norm
13: Josh
13: John!
13: Al cheato
13: JumoVerde

Bracket

I would like to note that as far as I know, Ike has taken or split 1st at every Project: M Singles tournament in IL.

EDIT: Thanks Jeff.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
@Metroid: Yeah, it was a pleasure meeting you and the games were really fun. I wish I could play PM players of your caliber more often.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Very impressive matches there (most intense friendlies I've seen on YT in a long time). Really smart Dedede, Fly. And Metroid your Ike is extremely entertaining to watch; I've never before seen a P:M Ike flow with such movement and spacing. Good to see you stuck with the character in the transition between games (I remember you from the "Wait, Ike Can Do That?" Compilation Video Rykoshet made long ago); props.

McNinja

Smash Ace
100% agree with Guru. Nothing I love more than watching high level P:M play. I can't say I've seen a more technical Ike than yours metroid. And Fly's D3 really displayed how D3 should be played.

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Very impressive matches there (most intense friendlies I've seen on YT in a long time). Really smart Dedede, Fly. And Metroid your Ike is extremely entertaining to watch; I've never before seen a P:M Ike flow with such movement and spacing. Good to see you stuck with the character in the transition between games (I remember you from the "Wait, Ike Can Do That?" Compilation Video Rykoshet made long ago); props.
Thanks GuruKid, it means a lot :). I'm surprised you remember that video haha, that was a loooooooooooooooooong time ago. I owe it to you and the PMBR for making Ike:M and P:M so fun to play <3.

100% agree with Guru. Nothing I love more than watching high level P:M play. I can't say I've seen a more technical Ike than yours metroid. And Fly's D3 really displayed how D3 should be played.

:phone:
To be honest, I think Eli plays more technically than I do in terms of movement. I do more QD turnaround -> BAir stuff than Eli, but I flubbed it more often than usual in those matches.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Props to Metroid and Fly.... Those were some very entertaining matches. I'm too afraid to walk offstage with dair because I usually fastfall by accident, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom