• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
Shields break wayyy to easily right now. They can't take much hits and i think they regen faster than in Melee. it's kinda crazy to wanna keep these funky shields, if we are trying to repllicate Melee and its shields wer apart of its deep metagame. I am a little bais, but Melee shields were perfect for it's metagame.
I dont think you could link me to more then 3 videos where a shield breaks.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Well, considering everyone in BC mains Falco, (literally, EVERYONE has a falco here) shields and falco's dair are at the top of the list of complaints.

Also to whoever said "HOW CAN YOU EVEN FEEL THE 1FRAME DIFFERENCE?"

It's very apparent when you play space animals at a top level.

abcool

Smash Ace
It's not about just shields being broken easily they don't function as well as they do in Melee. I can't tilt them properly and you get shield stabbed wayy to easily. You can't even do shield tricks like in Melee. Only shield drop.

Idk, about you man, but i love fighting space animals. I just like being the one using different characters to fight them with lol. This game makes everyone else viable lol. Lots of Fox, Falco and Peach here.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
But guys, its a demo for a reason.

I really appreciate all the hard work they put into even giving us a demo 2, so that's really awesome. Just polishing with the physics and the new character additions need to be done :p

This is truely THE BEST unfinished game I've ever played by far, and I'm hype that it's ONLY going to get better. Amazing work, really. We don't give them enough credit for this stuff, and all we do is complain and ***** about it (including myself, lol).

So yeah despite all the nitpicking we do as a community, thanks PMBR and a job well done. :p

#Demo3Hype

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was waiting for someone to be that cool guy that says it.
Good ish daze. See you @ FC

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
In all of the times I've played with Yeroc, I have broken his shield five times or so. Once was with DK, after he had already shielded several hits beforehand, and then took a full Whirling Kong. The rest were with Bowser, and breaking shields is an intentional side effect of Bowser's design. Yeroc has never broken my shield.

I have never understood this widespread assertion that shields are significantly easier to break in Project M.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Yeah no one has said this was a bad game lol, we nitpick it because we like it, and want it to be better. Us normal folk can't physically change anything in the game, so we voice our concerns, however small, on this silly little thread, and who knows, maybe something will come of it...

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yay I'm getting crap for standing up for PMBR.

I know we nitpick it because we want it to be better and have an interest in it, (believe me, I was the one who brought up Sonic Usmash and the Ganon dthrow CG) but it's just nice to take a step back and acknowledge them once in awhile :)

Also thanks, StrongBad. Cya at FC :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm a very technical fox/falco main in melee and playing fox/falco in P:M seems a lot easier for some reason. They feel different(1 frame delay etc etc) but they also feel easier lol. I don't understand how people have trouble playing them compared to melee really when everything feels easier to do.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm a very technical fox/falco main in melee and playing fox/falco in P:M seems a lot easier for some reason. They feel different(1 frame delay etc etc) but they also feel easier lol. I don't understand how people have trouble playing them compared to melee really when everything feels easier to do.
Yes Falco feels easier controlling his Approaching/Retreating SHLs

Fox benefits from the universally 1 frame easier SH (Not the same as the physics delay, Brawl checks for Jump button release 1 frame later than Melee to determine SH)

Falco (and Fox I guess) just lack the same hitbox domination feel Melee has (as well as shield pressure being lamer with shield hits giving more way inertia to the receiver than Melee did).

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
I think for the guys thinking buffer counteracts the momentum delay, buffer is just a placebo or something.
As I understand Buffer, it would never be able to solve that problem and would mess up the Melee timing even more :S
I think the problem most people pretend to have with the delay is wavedashing, right ?
So with Fox' jump, you're airborne on frame 5, right ? I actually don't know if it's frame 5 or frame 4 because sometimes I read he has 3 frames startup, if he's airborne on frame 4 then just count -1 on all numbers k
In Melee, for a perfect wave dash, you would have to input the airdodge for frame 5 and you instantly wavedash on frame 5, landing on the ground. I believe it works like that at least :S
In P:M, inputting the exact same, it would initiate the air dodge on frame 5 as well, however, the momentum would happen on frame 6 because of the 1 frame momentum delay. This causes that perfect wavedashes like in melee aren't exactly possible because you're in the air for at least one frame.
Now when you use buffer, buffer makes it so that if you input an action at max <amount of buffer> frames before you would be able to do that action, it still initiates the action on the first frame possible.
Now the only time where you would use buffer would be during the jump startup because wavedashing is only two inputs. Buffer allows you to use a wrong (too early) timing, which is inputting air dodge on a frame on that you are not airborne yet (frame 4 in that example) (that wouldn't work in melee) to still start air dodge on frame 5 and make the momentum happen still one frame after initiating the action (frame 6).
What it does is making near-perfect wavedashing easier because you have one frame more time to do it.
What it not does is adding melee-style perfect wavedashing or counteracting the delay

It also surprises me that everyone you guys play with seem to be able to consistently perfect wavedash and immediately notice when they're one frame airborne (which should look exactly like inputting wavedash one frame too late in melee).
This also should really be called "1 frame momentum delay" or "1 frame movement delay", not just "1 frame delay" because I think that's the reason for a lot of misunderstandings and sounds like there's a lot more off.

Would be glad if someone could correct anything that's wrong with my explanation, I'm pretty sure I've overlooked something because after my understanding of the movement delay there wouldn't be a difference in SHL :S Are you airborne one frame later than in melee ?

DrinkingFood, I'm pretty sure it's still like Brawl, short hopping with Fox is SO much easier

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I honestly don't get this obsession with Falcon KOs being that cool--If you're not using weird throws, D-Tilt, or N-Air, it's just the same old thing people have been going crazy over for a long time now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Personally, I prefer watching Ike jab someone til they fall off, and then smile as a Fsmash charges

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Did you guys know you can taunt cancel on ledges and platforms in this?

SHOW- SHOW- SHOW- SHOW ME YOUR MOVES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom