• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well, some of them are pretty cool though. But Ganon doesn't need a skin.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Just one Cloud Ike has like 16000 downloads, and there are I want to say over thirty different Cloud Ikes on the vault.

People like terrible things. Why do you think dubstep is played on every other commercial?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I've used that texture before. It's pretty cool looking on the Wii, so it must be the recording that's making it look bad.

As for your Ganon, I suggest going to the Melee Ganon boards and reading some of the guides there. Ganon plays almost the same way in both games. It's just that in PM he has a better aerial sideB (in exchange for a worse grounded sideB, but the improvement is such that it's worth it), better recovery (allowing riskier edgeguards), DACUS, can ledgehop Fair, and is buffed in general.
Alright, any good Project M videos to go by?

It's not the way it looks. It's the fact that it's not Ganon. Replacing characters with textures/models or other characters is demeaning and tasteless. It's Super Smash Bros, not Naruto, not Bleach, not ****ing Transformers, not DBZ.
Optimus Prime is too badass for any of that to matter :cool:

Just one Cloud Ike has like 16000 downloads, and there are I want to say over thirty different Cloud Ikes on the vault.

People like terrible things. Why do you think dubstep is played on every other commercial?
Dubstep is awesome

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

Because people have differing tastes from you. Odd thought, I know.

It's not the way it looks. It's the fact that it's not Ganon. Replacing characters with textures/models or other characters is demeaning and tasteless. It's Super Smash Bros, not Naruto, not Bleach, not ****ing Transformers, not DBZ.
I'm going to assume that Project M is actually so balanced, complaining over meaningless cosmetic things are the only thing people can talk about.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Neither is smug condescending nerdtalk over harmless things, but I'm starting to think that's just a requirement here.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Back on topic, fellas. As much as I hate dubstep, you guys should be discussing Project M in this thread and trends in pop culture in Media Metropolis or The Pool Room.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Dude, you just made an account on a website for a videogame. This entire ****ing site is going to be nerdtalk so get your elitish **** outta here, scarr.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Irony confirmed for P:M.

So like... uh, Peach. Is she still a top-10 character on this roster? opinions? Armada, have you played with her at all in this environment?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Peach is definitely still top 10 material IMO. float canceling, CCdsmash and great edgeguarding game are all too good for her to sink below top 10 IMO.

:phone:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Also the general opinion on Project M at animeiowa was that I play Charizard gayer than Hbox plays puff :T

Something about nair taking up a third of the stage and saving jumps in favor of Gliding back to the stage every time made other players frustrated, but at the same time, the opinion was something to the effect of "I tried to play the first demo but it's just like, why not just play Melee."

It seems the huge improvements of the second demo are not pushed enough for the public.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Alright, any good Project M videos to go by?
Only of Magus. Look on youtube, or Ryoko's stream archives. But like I said, Melee and PM overlap a lot (at least, in terms of Ganon), so just watch Kage/Linguini/Renth/SpiderSense/GVice/BizzaroFlame/WhoeverElseI'mForgetting play. Or, after FC, watch Kage play Ganon in PM.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
You know what would be creative and fun? Nerfing ganon's dthrow and giving him a new utilt to compensate. And best of all, PMBR could finally incorporate ganon's sword in the utilt :D
The main problem I see with this is that it removes the ability to mock your opponent at being stupid enough to get hit (and hence killed) by Ganon's UTilt. I don't care if it only happens once in a cyan moon- Ganon's beast enough as is even without a usable uptilt. Also, people were mentioning this earlier, but is it weird that I combo Dthrow into Dair? It probably only works because my brother forgets to tech half the time, but it's still a viable option (assuming your opponent sucks).

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm fine with Ganon having a useless Utilt, I just wish it was different than his Warlock Punch.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Doesn't he have Warlock punch for that, Jedi? :p and regarding how beast he is, note that I made that suggestions on the basis that his chaingrab be nerfed.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Stormtrooper snake is the best thing since sliced bread.

iLink

Smash Champion
Sonic's usmash is like the only one of his smashes that I like and find much use for.

Am I the only one that doesn't seem to mind how the shields work now?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, you pretty much are.

A majority of the melee players in BC say "I'm gonna just go play melee now >_>" and I ask, "Why, dude? This game is fun too!" and they're like, "Because shielding is ******** in this game. So easy to shield grab people out of everything. Also my Falco dair sends them down like a rocket, I can't combo with it properly -_-" and I say, "Yeah.. :/ The shielding is dumb.. I heard Magus is fixing it as we speak, though." and they say, "Well when it's done and the 1 frame delay n stuff is fixed, then GG, melee; I'll just play that, [project m] instead."

And then they go play melee.

More or less, that pretty much is what sums up what happens 80% of the time. And I agree with them, for the most part. I just remember that 2.1 is a demo and there's already a build that plays much better than it, so I can rest easy.

That doesn't mean to say that the players in BC don't like PM though. It just means that most melee players think melee is far and away the superior game at the moment. Which is fair, considering they are only playing a demo of what is to come. :p

leelue

Smash Lord
I only hate the shields when sonic and ganon remind me how bad their grab ranges are. I dont think that it is objectively worse

Sonic's forward smash was 70% of my kills in Maryland.

Daze, it appears that your community mistakes different for better. Sorry.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah. A lot of the melee purists are like that. The newer players and all the brawl players have zero complaints though.

I just think it's because it's not "exactly" melee and they get salty over it cuz I can beat them in PM an not in melee. I dunno, whatever. Everyone likes PM though, so that's all that matters for me.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Btw, a few BC guys (me, Yakal and Sion) will be heading down to WA for August GameClucks.

Shadic and I are planning to get a PM side event running, so hopefully we'll have some recordings of that up before FC happens :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People really complain about the 1 frame delay? I doubt 90-99.99999% of smashers could feel or identify it unless you told them lol.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Doesn't he have Warlock punch for that, Jedi? :p and regarding how beast he is, note that I made that suggestions on the basis that his chaingrab be nerfed.
I think giving him a useful Utilt would be more of a buff than removing Dthrow chaingrab would be a nerf. And yeah, Warlock punch can be used for that as well, but Utilt does something like 10 more damage on top of taking probably a good 2 seconds more to come out, so the opponent can be mocked more for their stupidity.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Tiny cosmetic thing, but any chance that we could see a visible combo counter in the future? Like, appears when someone is stunlocked and counts the hits they take? Or is that kind of thing restricted to training mode? Would be cool for anyone doing combo videos obviously.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
People really complain about the 1 frame delay? I doubt 90-99.99999% of smashers could feel or identify it unless you told them lol.
I like to mess around as Fox sometimes in Melee. I'm pretty bad with him, and not very technical. When I play Fox in PM, the 1 frame delay is obvious. However, adding 1 frame of buffer causes it to feel just like Melee.

I can't feel the delay when I play Ganon, though.

Also, Brawl shields look like you're trapping inside a giant bubble of bubble gum.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I can play fox pretty technically and its really hard to feel a 1 frame difference. Its nothing that would take more than a half a stock to adjust to regardless.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I can play fox pretty technically and its really hard to feel a 1 frame difference. Its nothing that would take more than a half a stock to adjust to regardless.
I'm probably feeling is because my Fox is so bad I can't adjust and I need that 1 extra frame to get all the inputs in. Like I said, my Fox is bad.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Project M MELEE-FC Trailer - Post on the MELEE-FC Website
Most of y'all have already seen the trailer by now, but this post has a bit of info on the PM tourney in general. Most notably, the stagelist & ruleset for the tourney has been added to the Information Packet available on the Information tab of the website. For you lazies, here it is:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1-1-2 fashion. After the 1st match, each player bans a stage group for the remainder of the set (Players may counterpick a stage from the group they banned, and both players may ban the same group). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

Counterpicks:
Group 1:
Final Destination
Smashville
Green Hill Zone
Pictochat

Group 2:
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dracula's Castle

Group 3:
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams

Group 4:
Dreamland (64)
Skyworld
Rumble Falls
Skyloft

Group 5:
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Brinstar
Metal Cavern

Let's hype this baby up even higher! I wanna see top level PM play at this =D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
What attacks? Do you have any videos?

The attack is negatively disjointed. If you're "trading" with it, Ganon would grab you anyways because they have priority. That's about it.
Therebare a metric ****ton of vids on YouTube/oaksmash of me getting gayed by aerial forward b.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom