• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Press b then hit back immediately after
What if I try to drift backwards while doing a special move?
I haven't played Falco in PM, but wouldn't it be annoying to turn around while doing SHL?
Or does b-reversing have a weird timing that makes it hard to do by accident?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The timing is pretty strict after pressing B. If it's possible in P:M, it's probably even a bit harder than doing it in Brawl because the buffer window is gone.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It has to be a smash input to B-reverse it, so you can drift backwards so long as you don't smash the stick backwards when you do. I had this same concern until one of the PMBR clarified it for me.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I find B-reversing to be just as easy in PM as it in in Brawl, honestly. And a lot more characters can make use of it, so far as I can tell.

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
YO! TL mains everywhere!

When you use the bow in mid air you could move Tink forwards or backwards, I'm pretty sure that you all knew that. But did you know that if you dash -> jump -> reverse B and keep holding back on the control stick you could reverse the momentum? It's quite good, a bit situational, but nonetheless useful. People should start experimenting with
this, it's really good for positioning AND it allows you to charge your arrow while remaining mobile.

Make good use of this in stages with multiple platforms, you'll not regret it.

I don't know if it's already been discovered by Frenum or 'daze but I haven't seen them discussing it or using this, so I just dropped it here. :)
It's long been discovered already. My videos I have up don't show me using it becUse I had only recently discovered it at the time (never really dabbled long enough in brawl to learn it or care) but I use it all the time now. Frenum does it all the time in his videos.

Something that is really useful is ledgehop breverse or full hop breversed double arrow. All these things will be included in frenum and I's upcoming TL ATs video, so stay tuned for that!

Also monk I'll definitely team with you. Rusty already has a team mate, so yeap. We'll do it uppp!

And shadic just mm the freegion for like 100 bucks each member and bam. All expenses paid by freegion!

LOL I'm kidding, JC <3
not about 9k though. hahah! :p

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'll come to FC if you pay for a flight, hotel, food, my entry fee, and bribe my professors and dorm people and the other people I'm doing research with into letting me miss those days, which happen to be really important ones.

Or if I can enter via Wi-Fi. I know Wi-Fi's terrible, but I'd put up with it for FC.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
They'd actually let people enter via wifi? If nothing else wouldn't the non-wifi build be at FC, given that they'd probably want light presses as their own input? If that's the case then I highly doubt they would allow a build without light presses to be used in official tournament matches, though I suppose friendlies wouldn't be out of the question.

EDIT: @StrongBad Ah. My sarcasm detector sucks IRL, so the it only gets worse on the Internet when people don't use :troll: or a sarcasm HTML tag.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
They'd actually let people enter via wifi? If nothing else wouldn't the non-wifi build be at FC, given that they'd probably want light presses as their own input? If that's the case then I highly doubt they would allow a build without light presses to be used in official tournament matches, though I suppose friendlies wouldn't be out of the question.

EDIT: @StrongBad Ah. My sarcasm detector sucks IRL, so the it only gets worse on the Internet when people don't use :troll: or a sarcasm HTML tag.

That's kind of funny. I also have a terrible sarcasm detector IRL, but mine gets better on the internet, because I don't have to try and understand tones and facial expressions and gestures, it's just words.

And Daze, I was completely serious. Always. I have never made a joke in my life. People just don't understand how my seriousness breaks all the laws of serious. Seriously.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Would make more sense for fair to cancel into side-b just as it hits the opponent. He's already got his fist on(in?) them anyways. Why the **** can't he grab them...?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I know. It got rid of all those stupid glitches from Melee like L-Canceling, Wavedashing, fast gameplay, being able to logically charge Sheik's needles, lack of tripping and so many more! And I'm also really surprised by the balance in Brawl- it's like every character has a chance to compete. I'm telling you- tripping was a genius move by Sakurai. It finally put all the characters on an equal playing field. He even removed the fast, complex gameplay so even my Grandma can win tourneys! Brawl is such an incredible game.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I wonder, how would a negative amount of invincibility work? Would it make you invincible before the action initiating invincibility takes place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom