• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I think giving him a useful Utilt would be more of a buff than removing Dthrow chaingrab would be a nerf. And yeah, Warlock punch can be used for that as well, but Utilt does something like 10 more damage on top of taking probably a good 2 seconds more to come out, so the opponent can be mocked more for their stupidity.
As someone who plays bowser i disagree. The cg is way to strong vs bowser it goes from 0 to over 100% and is death on small stages

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Dthrowing mid weights and floaters is a gimmick? Falcon would like to have a word with you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Falcon? He's like the king of gimmicks. He IS a gimmick. The gimmick of gimmicks. They should call him Captain Gimmick, or Gimmick Falcon, or just Gimmick Gimmick.

Also it's a mindgame

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You should meet gg7. He's the most straight forward falcon in existence.

Amusingly, that in itself could probably be considered a gimmick.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

iLink

Smash Champion
So what exactly is different about how shields work? As far as I can tell, there really isn't much of a noticeable difference.

iLink

Smash Champion
Is the pushback more or less then melee?

I'm honestly fine with the degeneration and regeneration of shields. It's refreshing to actually be able to shield break someone.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I dunno, when I'm shield-breaking people consistently with toon link, I can't help but feel like something is wrong. :<

Also I've killed people who tried to ledge hop fair me just by shielding and having them be dropped back off the edge and unable to recover. xD it's mostly because they weren't ready for something like that, but it's resulted in tons of LOLs and WTFs.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I like that you can shieldbreak people in this game, but I feel like it happens too often and too easily.

I do really like that Warlock Punch seems to break full shields, though.

iLink

Smash Champion
How often does it really happen though? Out of 10 matches you would MAYBE see 1 shield break, if even that.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Full hop double arrow -> boomerang -> shffl nair/fair -> dsmash/Usmash.

Repeat another boomerang->nair->dsmash and you'll have a shield break assuming you did it all perfectly and most hits hit shield. Bonus points if you get both hits of dsmash on shield :p

And yeah, it doesn't happen TOO often because you realize your shield is almost gone and you just stop shielding to avoid it as a result.

In my doubles match at PMP I shield broke someone's Mario by just constantly rang->nair->dsmash. Was pretty lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think it happens more often than it should because people aren't used to their shield actually being able to be broken, so stay in shield when they shouldn't.

iLink

Smash Champion
That's what I mean though. No way you should consciously be getting hit with all of that on shield considering all your movement options.

How do you even get hit with both double arrows?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Try it. It's not hard. The hitstun is long enough that the first one will combo into the second one. If its on shield, the first one and the second one hit almost simultaneously if you shield the first one. You have to see it to know what I'm saying.

iLink

Smash Champion
Try it. It's not hard. The hitstun is long enough that the first one will combo into the second one. If its on shield, the first one and the second one hit almost simultaneously if you shield the first one. You have to see it to know what I'm saying.

I'm a more then competent toonlink and play against one pretty often. If you are doing that often and landing it, the other guy is asleep at the control.

@Carroll: I'm more then sure you can roll out of the way of nair if you shield dair.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Well, maybe if the full hop double arrow doesn't have forward momentum. In that case, I totally agree LOL

No one ever gets hit by a fhda in place with both arrows. Haha

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Playing video games is gimmicky. All the inputs are arbitrarily difficult for no reason.

Everything should combo perfectly automatically. Technical skill is an arbitrary gimmick.

It's even composed of two words that are synonymous with the others. Technical is the same thing as arbitrary, and skills are the same thing as gimmicks.

abcool

Smash Ace
Can you tilt shields all the way under your feet like in Melee, seems you can't tilt the shields fully in a certain direction in Project M. An yes i agree shield push and degen and regen needs to be fixed BADLY. If it was like Melee more people would be playing spacies and not hating the game so much

abcool

Smash Ace
Shields break wayyy to easily right now. They can't take much hits and i think they regen faster than in Melee. it's kinda crazy to wanna keep these funky shields, if we are trying to repllicate Melee and its shields wer apart of its deep metagame. I am a little bais, but Melee shields were perfect for it's metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom