• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Now those are some high skill matches! I'm now convinced that D3 is a monster.

iLink

Smash Champion
Air to ground properties? I don't think that is even considered a property of the attack as much as just the other character being tall lol.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Sounds pretty gimmicky to me. Like they couldn't think of anything else, so they just put in a gimmick.

@X iLink X
no it's just a gimmick don't you get it.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Air to ground properties? I don't think that is even considered a property of the attack as much as just the other character being tall lol.
As opposed to attacks that only have hitboxes above the character, ones that can AtG have active frames into the character's hurtbox landing on the ground.
UAir being you know, a hammer spun way above Dedede's head seems like it wouldn't hit grounded opponents.

No need to be a chode.

iLink

Smash Champion
As opposed to attacks that only have hitboxes above the character, ones that can AtG have active frames into the character's hurtbox landing on the ground.
UAir being you know, a hammer spun way above Dedede's head seems like it wouldn't hit grounded opponents.

No need to be a chode.
Oh it actually produces a landing hitbox? I thought you meant it just had use in the air against a grounded opponent.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Now all you attending need to do is have great, legendary, memorable sets...and Project M is gets a GIANT boost. If you have some BS/Scrubby/Boring sets...forget about it.

Good luck to those going. Looking at the ones entering I see no reason why this won't have some of the best sets of all time.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Has anyone been setting their C-stick to "Attack?" I've found this to be extremely good with Ike because with this setting, you can C-stick NAirs by hitting the C-stick diagonally. This gives you more control over falling/retreating/approaching with NAirs, something that I feel is a must. The downside to this is that, IIRC, this wouldn't let you SDI with the C-stick in vBrawl (I don't know if this was changed in P:M) and you won't be able to C-stick USmash or FSmashes (C-sticking down still causes a DSmash though). Has anyone else given this a shot? Considering how good his NAir is, I can imagine this being useful to Charizard mains as well.

Just as a note - if it weren't for this custom setting, then I wouldn't bother using a tag when I play Ike.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Wow, it looks like a large percentage of Melee entrants are also entering Project M. This will be great for seeing some of the Melee pros picking up the game.
Might mean we see more Melee vet characters though, which is cool in its own right, but I'd like to see some of the new guys :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Make sure everyone goes Jigglypuff and Sonic.
Puff and Sonic being boring is very much a misconception based on play styles and the character they are playing against.

Puff vs Fox/Falco for example can be a very entertaining and dramatic match-up. I still think Zhu vs Hbox at Genesis 1 was one of the most dramatic Sets I've seen.

Sonic is only boring if you play keep away against very dangerous characters and use speed on a bigger stage to slowly beat them over 6 or 7 minutes. However, characters that can go head to head with Sonic but aren't exactly huge threats, are actually very entertaining matches. I saw a Sonic vs Pikachu match that was legendary.

I'm not saying everyone shouldn't play to win, Ultimately winning is the goal...I'm just saying, melee is established enough that hype-less sets, especially in finals/grand finals are not enough to damage the game. If you get a campy, time-out filled, boring grand finals in the first ever huge Tournament for Project M...the future of the project as a tournament game will be put in danger. I think for great sets some people are just going to have to be the ones to step-up. I wouldn't be shocked to see at least 1 Melee vet in grand finals vs a Project M "vet" if that is possible. Regardless of who it is I just hope they are bold enough to be great. Not good but great, both of them. Whenever that has happened in melee the results have been phenomenal sets. I look forward to cheering everyone on in the live-stream.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
The only Ike's that are registered for FC AFAIK are BC's Rusty Shacklefurd and Ycz.

Their both pretty good, but I doubt either one of them will place top 4 with such big names competing

Also thanks to everyone who actually watched my stream ^_^

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well there's 103 registered players and Ike is the most popular character in P:M tied with Lucario, so I wouldn't doubt there are some good Ikes competing, even if we don't already know about them. Though no guarantees they'll be First at FC good.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
well once Ike's Fsmash gets a reasonable nerf I won't give a rat's piss about Ike at all. I sort of already don't, he is very easy to have success with at a low to mid level but in a higher level you must actually be really really good. He's got some tough match-ups to overcome at a high level and I don't think his odds are good enough for making top 4. I give him 5th at best.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
xdazee stream confirmed for most kawaii

follow him guys

as far as FC goes, i wouldn't be surprised if an Ike places well, but it won't be first.

someone rep wolf plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom