• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

humble

Smash Ace
LOL, how can you say that when you play Diddy that it really disrupts the flow of the match? You must do something wrong...
Or when I understand it wrong, how can you say that if you fight vs. (you missed that) Diddy that it disrupts the match, you're doing it wrong, bro. DONT GET HIT. The interesting part about CGs and other Stuff is to dont get caught by them. After as successfull Dair fox also has some autocombos on some charas...And the naner combos dont look out of place TBH and IMO

LOL, DONT GET HIT, again. Spikes also bring short halt to the match... but do we also need to discuss this? No, since the halt is small enough to ignore it. (I already said you could increase the tripping speed).

LOLnoob there is a button with the letter A, you can use it to grab or catch a naner in the air :laugh:
You can react to this as well :chuckle:
And Diddy has to work for naner combos anyway...
And also: It is already fast...

DONT GET HIT. DONT GET HIT. DONT GET HIT. DONT GET HIT. DONT GET HIT. (You can do it, you just have to use your controller :))

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
@ETWIST

that has been answered plenty of times. Resizing character models would come with extra (pointless) work because you would have to edit specials and everything to fit the new model size. That's why they simply just went with increasing stage sizes
K', haven't been here in a while so I'll start paying attention again.

And that's not what I was saying, I was saying Samus is BIG as hell compared to other chars in Brawl while in melee she wasn't nearly as big compared to other chars. But it's fine.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Haha it seems that my post has been taken a bit to serious.

I just dont like it when people talk as they are speaking of facts. I am tahnkful to all the persons developing P:M since it is and will be really awesome. But anyway I dont share the same opinion on the diddy/naner topic. Sry if I were a rude :/

As for the 40%+ DSmashes... it depends on the characters and as well if you play singles or teams. I already got those crazy DSmashes on one of our top players in germany... and even if it doesnt make 40%+, Peachs DSmash still is broken as hell...

Rikana

Smash Champion
Rarely do you see 40% dsmashes work on good players. If you predict a CC then maybe but other then that, dsmashes can be avoided. There has been many matches where good peach players couldn't land a dsmash. As for the matches.. I don't remember which ones they were. I watched them a while back and remembered thinking I didn't see a dsmash.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
As for the 40%+ DSmashes... it depends on the characters and as well if you play singles or teams. I already got those crazy DSmashes on one of our top players in germany... and even if it doesnt make 40%+, Peachs DSmash still is broken as hell...
xD Its not broken. Hold Up, and you take like, 17% damage and you're thrown at a non-threatening angle. It doesn't matter what character you are, and it doesn't matter how many players are on the field.

Peach is a good character in melee, and in the spirit of remaking Melee, she's going to change as little as possible.

-DD

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Just played P:M on wifi for the 1st time and it didn't suck. Turn the buffer to around 30 and its honestly very managable. Even with fox and falco. It isn't frame perfect fluidity and takes some getting used to but with good muscle memory you can actually have some good and fun matches. LOL 40% dsmashes.. LRN2DI
YESZ! When the beta is released there should be an online tourney.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well it looks like Magus solved the only problem with my banana idea.

Anyway, on to brighter subjects, yes, there will be a stream tomorrow, probably around 7. And Guy will be joining us for the first time in a while.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
YESZ! When the beta is released there should be an online tourney.
An online tourney SOUNDS fun, but once you start playing it you're probably gonna realize that it's the stupidest thing ever. lol. Wi-fi is wi-fi, whether it's vBrawl or P:M. That's not something you can change unfortunately.

Online friendlies would be fun though :D

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Dude, what? You guys didn't have to *completely change* Lucas just to make him fit into Project M... I thought the point of the project was to make Brawl play like Melee, and nothing else.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
i like how people come into this thread telling the creators how they're supposed to make their game, like they owe them something...

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The Lucas changes are based upon some work I did to him in B+ a year or two ago. I did the work closely in association with a bunch of decent Lucases at the time, taking input on how they'd like to improve him.

The result was a character that was nearly universally well-received, and one of the most balanced characters in the game. Camelot took this base and then added in a bit of flashy new melee tech and polish to create an even better package. The product is something that has, once again, gotten a strongly positive reception.

Also, yes, it was necessary to change Lucas so much from his vBrawl self. In a new game of swift, fluid movement, and plenty of combos/strings, he was left with a handful of decent kill moves lacking any sort of setup as he could rarely keep up with the opponent he just barely knocked out of combo range. His whole metagame was based upon spam and maximizing gimmick potential. Now he has a flow.

This is the case for a lot of Bawrl character; they don't have a flow. Just making a Melee environment filled with oldschool Brawl characters won't really accomplish anything interesting.

It's the same reason that C. Falcon is terrible in Brawl -- you have a character whose whole moveset is based to work in a World with hitstun and then by moving him into a world without hitstun, he can no longer function, no matter how well the moveset may have worked in its original context.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood the mission of our project. I hope this helps.

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
K', haven't been here in a while so I'll start paying attention again.

And that's not what I was saying, I was saying Samus is BIG as hell compared to other chars in Brawl while in melee she wasn't nearly as big compared to other chars. But it's fine.
Samus is now true to her heights like her own games.
It actually makes you feel she's heavy this time..

But samus should be rezised again i mean if you look at the major size change from melee to brawl was there any other melee veds that had a comparable size change like samus?
Atleast make it zss like size.

And the brawl sfx... makes her feel like a clunky machine.
but so does the rest of the cast :p

jalued

Smash Lord
Samus is now true to her heights like her own games.
It actually makes you feel she's heavy this time..

But samus should be rezised again i mean if you look at the major size change from melee to brawl was there any other melee veds that had a comparable size change like samus?
Atleast make it zss like size.

And the brawl sfx... makes her feel like a clunky machine.
but so does the rest of the cast :p
i think one of the main problems with Samus' size is that it makes her easier to combo. Her relatively slow moveset was always a hindrance melee and if she is now bigger... expect her to be slightly worse than her melee counterpart. I hope she can be properly recreated though in terms of gravity etc, as i HATE her physics in brawl

and quick question: does the charge-up for lucas effect the hitbox sizes at all?

shanus

Smash Hero
Dude, what? You guys didn't have to *completely change* Lucas just to make him fit into Project M... I thought the point of the project was to make Brawl play like Melee, and nothing else.
I would like to see how a vBrawl lucas would fair against melee fox.

Think about it. Wouldn't go over very well, eh?

Yes we are taking creative steps on brawl characters to make them fit better into a melee environment, but if you read even the lucas boards, they are ecstatic over our lucas changes.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Well... I dont truely see what Lucas B-Move had to do with "not melee like" and how much his new B now fits more than his old XD

I can understand the other changes, and I love his new Side-B (<333), but anyway was it really necessary to give him a new Neutral-B? Ness has a really similar one, will you also change this?

Or is the neutral B change just to make lucas less clony? Then I would understand it :)

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Well... I dont truely see what Lucas B-Move had to do with "not melee like" and how much his new B now fits more than his old XD

I can understand the other changes, and I love his new Side-B (<333), but anyway was it really necessary to give him a new Neutral-B? Ness has a really similar one, will you also change this?

Or is the neutral B change just to make lucas less clony? Then I would understand it :)
For the thousand time, Ness neutralB HAS uses(it actually kills) and the reason to give Lucas a new neutralB was explained by shanus a few post back, it was done to give Lucas a chance to win against top tiers.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
You know what you guys should do? Make a P:M beta. And wait until we get an accurate enough tier list. And if you notice that some character are broken or some are terrible, you can make the terrible people better and the too good people worse. Then you won't have to worry it being unbalanced when you release the real thing

Also charizard needs flame cancelling! lol

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
For the thousand time, Ness neutralB HAS uses(it actually kills) and the reason to give Lucas a new neutralB was explained by shanus a few post back, it was done to give Lucas a chance to win against top tiers.
just ignore his posts until he actually contributes something
also pwned by the poob calm down we know you want flame cancelling for charizard, just wait for the team to post here and you will most likely get a response

Sterowent

Smash Ace
it's, like, an hour and 5 mins away....just keep cool, man. breathe deep.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GASP

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I R MarF

Smash Ace
You know what you guys should do? Make a P:M beta. And wait until we get an accurate enough tier list. And if you notice that some character are broken or some are terrible, you can make the terrible people better and the too good people worse. Then you won't have to worry it being unbalanced when you release the real thing

Also charizard needs flame cancelling! lol
I am not trying to speak for P:M but I don't think a beta will happen any time soon... I think there is still over half of the characters that still need a good amount of work and there is of course that landing detection code.

And as far as I know the melee top/high tiers are going to be replicated to their fullest so any nerfing would be contradicting; however, low tiers and disadvantageous characters will probably be buffed. As for characters that end up being "too good" the P:M team will probably recognize this and maybe give them a steeper learning curve... but I can't see any nerfs that would intentionally lower a character's place on the tier list. But again, I can't say for sure since I'm not part of P:M.

And as for flame cancelling i don't see why it isn't a good idea, and it helps meleefy charizard.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
message for JC:

"WHERE ARE YOU AT?!? WHERE ARE YOU AT?!? GETCHO ASSS WHOOPED!"

ValTroX

Smash Ace
ignore my post, I missunderstood
EDIT: I couldn't watch the stream for too long since i have some stuff to do, but I was particulary interested in mario. he's looking very good, but i think he needs a little boost on his usmash's power

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
do you guys think you could re map falcons show your moves to his up taunt, as a permanent change?;)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Techable naners is pretty much the best idea for them. It allows you to still follow up if the tech is missed, and if it isn't missed you can tech chase. Just as deadly as his regular nanerape but with an actual flaw. Only flaw naners have in that situation is that they go away after a while. I'll play around with the idea tonight....erm, later today, and see what happens.

Making them not trip on throw is an okay idea, but I wouldn't welcome it over the first.
Making them not trip at all is no.

lol

unknown522

Some guy
this is marik on unknown's account.

i downloaded the latest build of project m, and it freezes on every stage except battlefield, final destination, sse: jungle, and smashville.

we thought at first it had something to do with the character .pac regarding shiek, but whenever we choose another stage besides the aforementioned ones, the game crashed and needs to be rebooted.

this has happened every single time we've selected another stage. i downloaded the files correctly, and removed custom stages, don't know why it's still messing up.

has this been happening to anyone else who recently acquired the updated codeset?

shanus

Smash Hero
this is marik on unknown's account.

i downloaded the latest build of project m, and it freezes on every stage except battlefield, final destination, sse: jungle, and smashville.

we thought at first it had something to do with the character .pac regarding shiek, but whenever we choose another stage besides the aforementioned ones, the game crashed and needs to be rebooted.

this has happened every single time we've selected another stage. i downloaded the files correctly, and removed custom stages, don't know why it's still messing up.

has this been happening to anyone else who recently acquired the updated codeset?
im assuming you somehow messed it up somehow. I haven't updated the main codeset since friday afternoon, and you can see how JCz played it for like 6 hours last night.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
im assuming you somehow messed it up somehow. I haven't updated the main codeset since friday afternoon, and you can see how JCz played it for like 6 hours last night.
More like 8 :p

You ever get so into the game that you forget to like ... eat ... and go to the bathroom? I don't think Project M is good for my health. But god I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom