• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You know what you guys should do? Make a P:M beta. And wait until we get an accurate enough tier list. And if you notice that some character are broken or some are terrible, you can make the terrible people better and the too good people worse. Then you won't have to worry it being unbalanced when you release the real thing
We'll release a Beta when it's in the beta stage. Right now, the project is in either pre-alpha or alpha stage. Believe me, we want to release a beta, but there's just so much **** yet to do, and we don't want to turn anyone off from playing it. Perhaps after we perfect the physics of all Melee characters...
Also charizard needs flame cancelling! lol
Done.

CTL17

Smash Lord
More like 8 :p

You ever get so into the game that you forget to like ... eat ... and go to the bathroom? I don't think Project M is good for my health. But god I love it.
I collapsed of fatigue before the stream ended. Didn't think you guys would play until 3am.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think TH invaded my Brawl. I fought against a CPU Metaknight and got killed by Dair. ¦D;

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
We'll release a Beta when it's in the beta stage. Right now, the project is in either pre-alpha or alpha stage. Believe me, we want to release a beta, but there's just so much **** yet to do, and we don't want to turn anyone off from playing it. Perhaps after we perfect the physics of all Melee characters...
Yeah i understand. But don't think i was begging for a beta or anything, cause i could care less. i play with orca a lot. I was just saying that as a future suggestion, whether it's happening soon or in several months.

Also thanks for giving charizard flame cancelling. It didn't take that long so it must have been an easy as hell code. lol

D

Deleted member

Can you guys work on Charizard's glide as well?

I'm sure you know its dreadfully slow and inflexible at moving up/down.

shanus

Smash Hero
I should work for nintendo.

Quality Check:

Fighter.pac: 0xB4BC

Subroutine() @B48C

-----------|START|--------------------------
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2723, ID=0x61, Requirement=On Ground,
Additional Requirement - IC-Basic[21017] < IC-Basic[23054]
Additional Requirement - IC-Basic[21018] >= IC-Basic[23053]
Additional Requirement - IC-Basic[1013] >= IC-Basic[3198]
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Not Unknown(0x2723),
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2722, ID=0x60, Requirement=On Ground,
----------------------------|END|-----------

Hmm, no wonder teching never felt like it worked right?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wait, without any previous knowledge at hand... is the comparison being made while something is unknown despite it being blatantly stated?

That's all I got.

shanus

Smash Hero
Wait, without any previous knowledge at hand... is the comparison being made while something is unknown despite it being blatantly stated?

That's all I got.
No,

its saying:

Change Action: Requirement Status = 2723

Then 4 lines later

Additional requirement, Not 2723

It was supposed to be Not 2722, but it was a blatant mistake

shanus

Smash Hero
Man, where was the QA for this game?

Seriously, so many glitches that we're fixing.
tonights latest codes:

Naner Tripping is now Techable [Shanus]
Walljumps No Longer Register with Jump Button or Up joystick [Shanus]

The jump button i did in the past, but installed joystick functionality now too

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
cant believe I'm just finding this.it looks soo promising XD... lucas, falco fox, and falcon....epically falcon seem to play soo much smoother. Heck even got their melee sound effects in there . the only things i want is possibly melee peach's down smash lolz and shield bouncing turnips without stale move.
oh yeah. did mario get his melee down b back? and for lulz, does falcon have his nipple spike back?

cheers!

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Can you guys work on Charizard's glide as well?

I'm sure you know its dreadfully slow and inflexible at moving up/down.
I agree. just because he's gigantic doesn't mean he should have a disadvantage with his gliding. haha. After all his wings are bigger than mk's and pit's so his weight should balance it all out right? :)

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I should work for nintendo.

Quality Check:

Fighter.pac: 0xB4BC

Subroutine() @B48C

-----------|START|--------------------------
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2723, ID=0x61, Requirement=On Ground,
Additional Requirement - IC-Basic[1013] >= IC-Basic[3198]
Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2722, ID=0x60, Requirement=On Ground,
----------------------------|END|-----------

Hmm, no wonder teching never felt like it worked right?
Hey Shanus since you figured that out do you think you might be able to fix diddy kongs retartedness of his UPB's return? His UP B return is terrible especially if angling it. Other than that though he seems like pretty solid character.

Also what is going on with ZSS? Can you guys make her like how she was pre B+ gold? the Certian tip of her Fair and Bair in B+ is what turns me off from playing her. Maybe like 5.0RC1 standards? I don't really remember if GSH had that dumb tip of the Heel part in or not.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
His upB is going to stay terrible. Maybe we could change the way it works, but it's probably going to stay as bad as it is in the end. :p

Also, techable naners is awesome!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Shanus needs to stop being so amazing.
Only not really.
Techable bananas is reeaaally nice.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Just pretend this is like Twilight Princess's release. Don't get used to a defined release date until it's actually out. Just enjoy the conversations and the updates they give you, which they don't have to give you.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm saying that based off pretty much the expectations and work loads of other developers. Perhaps I shouldn't have said it so definitively or with such authoritative tone, but lighten up, seriously.

You know **** well it's not getting done anytime soon.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Shanus ur awesome........oh and did i forget to tell you that you're awesome?

btw i do see something being released soon......most major codes are outta the way, and physics only take like ~2 hours per character

madhype

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I know he's a developer, humble. I'm not stupid.

But kaizo has me curious. It is indeed true that a number of breakthroughs have occurred which is really quite fantastic. However, given how modest the team has been with the term of "alpha", it's hard to believe that they'll get a public beta anytime soon. I guess if we got something established about what would classify a beta how their rate of progress is going, we could predict some idealistic dates.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
maybe end of august if we keep up our work speed.
physics have only been done on 3/22 melee chars tho. :/ Id say we would be hesitant to release a public beta without all of the melee characters being 100% meleefied, though.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
tonights latest codes:

Naner Tripping is now Techable [Shanus]
Walljumps No Longer Register with Jump Button or Up joystick [Shanus]

The jump button i did in the past, but installed joystick functionality now too
You are the best Shanus, and that bug on nintendo's side was....wrong

@Game:
IMHO the game is not gonna get released until they get the landing detection up and running with no bugs. That's the thing that's keeping the game anyways from perfection. After that, just meleefy physics/characters and the beta is ready. Again, that's just my opinion cause balance will come from the beta testing period :)
EDIT: Strong, how are you guys planning to give marths aerial range back, no matter how i see him(I got used to his brawl's range but i cant help but to miss his melee range) he seems shorter than his melee counterpart

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Insider information: Project M will be released sometime between tomorrow and 5 years from now.

shanus

Smash Hero
You are the best Shanus, and that bug on nintendo's side was....wrong

@Game:
IMHO the game is not gonna get released until they get the landing detection up and running with no bugs. That's the thing that's keeping the game anyways from perfection. After that, just meleefy physics/characters and the beta is ready. Again, that's just my opinion cause balance will come from the beta testing period :)
EDIT: Strong, how are you guys planning to give marths aerial range back, no matter how i see him(I got used to his brawl's range but i cant help but to miss his melee range) he seems shorter than his melee counterpart
According to Shell, the way marth holds his sword along the Z-axis is actually the true cause of the shorter range of his aerials, and reworking his animations along that angle will result in melee-marth range

ValTroX

Smash Ace
alright thanks for reply shanus, I love, P:M's devs, you guys always respond the questions fast and in a professional way. Every time you guys find something out, I get more hyped about this, good job so far and MANY thanks for keeping us updated on the progress

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
soo wait, marth's sword is shorter because it goes to a certain angle instead of being straight? lolz

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
According to Shell, the way marth holds his sword along the Z-axis is actually the true cause of the shorter range of his aerials, and reworking his animations along that angle will result in melee-marth range
wat >_<

maybe end of august if we keep up our work speed.
physics have only been done on 3/22 melee chars tho. :/ Id say we would be hesitant to release a public beta without all of the melee characters being 100% meleefied, though.
Alright, thanks and sorry about that. Despite the great number of general physics breakthroughs, I was pretty sure the project hasn't gotten far into character physics. That's why I assumed that a summer release was a bit sketchy, let alone within this year (although that seems like a possibility).

jalued

Smash Lord
2 questions:

is smash DI mapped to the c-stick?

if so, would it be possible to smashDI -> tech Diddy's recovery if it hits against the stage instead of the silly "watch while you die" animation? It would be a slight buff, however require skill, timing and would still be moderately easy to edgeguard. Just feel it would add more depth to his recovery, which is a good thing.

and great work shanus!

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I wouldnt release anything before 2011.
Maybe release it 1/1/2011, so there would be a date people can easily keep in their mind and then let it untouched for a whole year. I mean really untouched, if there is a broken glitch or s.e. then we could just ban it for the rest of the year, too many version will just destroy it, at least this was what happened with the Brawl+ Hype around here... >:
There are a couple of reasons, why releasing it already this year is a bad idea (imo). But I think you know them, so I save them :]
I say this because I really want P:M to be a total Success, since Brawl and Melee are both great Games and it would be amazing to combine both into one game.
[Playing Snake, while playing Melee at the same time :psycho:]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom