• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Melee dair creates a greater diversity of follow-ups over a much wider range of percents yet requires very precise timing since it doesn't create too much hitstun -- exactly what we want. The slight angle of the body and the humongous disjoint also help.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thanks SHeLL, that clears up pretty much all that I wanted to know about that. Also, did the fact that Brawl Dair has that "final-hit launch" also add into the reason for reverting to Melee's? I guess that goes into the whole part about follow-ups over bigger ranges of %'s though.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, once the KB gets high enough for Brawl Dair it just stops being useful. We could lower the KBG a ton but it still wouldn't have the strict timing of the Melee Dair.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Just what I thought. Can't wait to play Mario when this eventually sees a release.

Keep up the good work.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
lol Game, let the gamefaqs people think what they want, we have our own opinion, and for us(and probably for everybody when the game gets released) this is wonderful, and the guys are doing a VERY VERY good job on it. As for the animation changes, Dorf NEEDED that dash animation, he looked like an old man(although that's how me and my friends call him now and he will probably lose the name with the new animation) and i Seriously think that wold should get his dash animation "fixed" too. They are things that are not that importantent, but them being changed shows the determination of the developers to make not only a better game competitively, but better looking/more fluid gameplay as well. Good job guys, and keep on doing your thing.
Edit; Can you guys fill me in Lucas neutral B's change?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
lol, I personally think Ganondorf runs strange in both games.

I brawl he has a back harness

and in melee he runs laughably dramatic for the speed he is going.

But I guess melee's run is the lesser of two evils.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think he's the guy who mostly promoted B+ in Gamefaqs. He even had another forum dedicated to making changes in B+. Though I'm not entirely sure.
In addition to that, he's been heavily bashing every other mod that isn't Brawl+, not just P:M. It really doesn't make any sense.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@theSlashyconvo

the funny part is that, he's gonna end up playing Project M due to it being so good
(that goes for all P:M Haters)

P:M might as well come with a strap loader that says... "You Dare Enter Mah Lair Hater?! You Must Die!"

EDIT: LOL he took down the thread xDD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It was basically bashing of the look of animations. He was also greatly spreading misinformation such as Mario's FLUDD being removed. He then called the new Kirby Nair an atrocity for removing his "iconic" Melee Nair/64 Uair despite the fact that it sucks and every Kirby main jizzed when they saw the 64 Nair in.
Then there was some other stuff about Falco's FSmash and UTilt being awful now even though both are far better than their Brawl counterpart and the latter is very important to Falco's game.

shanus

Smash Hero
It was basically bashing of the look of animations. He was also greatly spreading misinformation such as Mario's FLUDD being removed. He then called the new Kirby Nair an atrocity for removing his "iconic" Melee Nair/64 Uair despite the fact that it sucks and every Kirby main jizzed when they saw the 64 Nair in.
Then there was some other stuff about Falco's FSmash and UTilt being awful now even though both are far better than their Brawl counterpart and the latter is very important to Falco's game.
Basically its Slashy spreading misinformation because he isn't happy we aren't designing the game to fit his crazy vision involving air dashing all the time and stupid stuff like that and flaming us on Gamefaqs of all places (lol)

5ive

Smash Champion
Basically its Slashy spreading misinformation because he isn't happy we aren't designing the game to fit his crazy vision involving air dashing all the time and stupid stuff like that and flaming us on Gamefaqs of all places (lol)
lold
10lols

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Hey, quick question... are you guys going to change Ike's neutral b to something he uses in his series? I though I'd ask since you changed Lucas's default B.

In the FE games he actually has a ranged attack which is sort of like Kirby's shockwave made from his up-b. It'd be pretty simple to animate too because it looks VERY similar to Ike's third neutral A attack.

The rate of fire would obviously be slow, but I think it would give Ike a lot more advantages than his "sorry, Roy's gone" neutral b.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Kind of annoyed to admit it, but playing melee yesterday made me see just how much fun melee Falco really is. I kind of miss him whenever I play with brawl Falco now, especially the reflector. However, I don't need to ask about him.

How's King Dedede, and is auto cancelling on some attacks (dair) going to be kept in or taken out?

Also, MKP...the gamefaqs brawl boards are near dead to me...What's been happening there recently?

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Few questions-

Are most(/all) of Marth's tips being adjusted? Unless it's just me, tippers feel much different in Melee than in Brawl. Both in ease of tipping, and spacing.

Also, is Falco's upB being lengthened to Melee/Fox length? I rather assumed it was being left alone.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Hey, quick question... are you guys going to change Ike's neutral b to something he uses in his series? I though I'd ask since you changed Lucas's default B.

In the FE games he actually has a ranged attack which is sort of like Kirby's shockwave made from his up-b. It'd be pretty simple to animate too because it looks VERY similar to Ike's third neutral A attack.

The rate of fire would obviously be slow, but I think it would give Ike a lot more advantages than his "sorry, Roy's gone" neutral b.
Slippery slope.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@grim

marth's attacks and tippers should just be a matter of hitbox modifications/adjustments. He has already been worked on but still needs to be refined. He has his Melee reach (maybe a little bit smaller) ....although i hope eventually it is 100% accurate

for fox/falco's up b.....i would like for them to replicate Melee's distance and momentum, but as of now, i only heard they were gonna make them keep momentum so they don't drop straight down afterwards. That will help with the distance issue but i do hope they alter them to replicate Melee eventually

@Humble

i think kirby has his suicidal throws back :p

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Giving Ike a projectile would break his playstyle.

Changing things to match melee is fine. Hell, I'm even cool with giving people new stuff so long as their original was useless (Lucas neutal b). So long as it doesn't get out of hand.

But things like Ike's shockwave? To me, that destroys the whole concept of the character.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Changing things to match melee is fine. Hell, I'm even cool with giving people new stuff so long as their original was useless (Lucas neutal b). So long as it doesn't get out of hand.
lol dude i think you mean Ness' Neutral b......Lucas' neutral b is ten times more useful than Ness'

....then again, we don't want to make every move useful (especially if they don't need it)

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Lucas neutral B was useless, I've never used the move competitively, Ness neutral b has killing potential, and it's murderous if you know how to edgeguard with it. Lucas got a new Neutral B, Ness did not, and i'm sure they will rework it to be the same size as melee, which is better
Edit: answer JC's question please xD

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Giving Ike a projectile would break his playstyle.

But things like Ike's shockwave? To me, that destroys the whole concept of the character.
I can see where you are coming from, but in my opinion I don't really see it changing his concept that much. I kind of pictured it being a minor obstruction (just like Kirby's shockwave) and give you a window to close in on your enemy for a quick combo. In addition, it could have a lengthy cooldown period like ROB, who uses his lasers for a similar purpose.

It just gives Ike a stronger approach game and that certainly wouldn't "break" his playstyle, which was what anyway? Banking on mistakes?

However, I do agree with you that Ike getting a projectile would seem out of place, and I don't mind if he doesn't get one, but if it is done right it could enhance his playstyle and keep him more true to his abilites in the FE games.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
my bad, i guess i just meant it was faster and easier to hit with.
....and i got that good stuff JC

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Kind of annoyed to admit it, but playing melee yesterday made me see just how much fun melee Falco really is. I kind of miss him whenever I play with brawl Falco now, especially the reflector. However, I don't need to ask about him.

How's King Dedede, and is auto cancelling on some attacks (dair) going to be kept in or taken out?

Also, MKP...the gamefaqs brawl boards are near dead to me...What's been happening there recently?
Annoying ****, all the ****ing time. Also, TolietHumor feels this need to stalk and troll me all the time.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Just dont go and tell me, those dojo updates are weekly or something

If it is, then we will almost need a year to get all characters in it.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice

I completely agree with you. Eruption never made any sense because Ike never actually used any firey attacks. I for one would like to see him gain a projectile.

Is Ganondorf going to get his old Melee KB back on the grab part of his up+b? Brawl really nerfed the KO power on that move.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
my bad, i guess i just meant it was faster and easier to hit with.
....and i got that good stuff JC
It is ever so slightly easier to land, I'll give you that. The difference is that Ness's has a large reward for landing it, whereas Lucas's has 0 reward. It can't start combos or kill or really do anything at all.

Hard to land + no reward for landing = always a bad option

Just dont go and tell me, those dojo updates are weekly or something

If it is, then we will almost need a year to get all characters in it.
I wouldn't say "weekly," more like "at our leisure" :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If I remember correctly, I do believe SHeLL or some development member saying that Mario was the first target for physics changes in addition to his moveset. I'm assuming he's probably solid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom