• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Mario and Sheik are both really polished right now. A lot of other characters have most of their gameplay components installed but don't have refined physics yet, such as...

DK, Link, GW, Luigi, Zelda, Ike, Ganondorf, Ness, Sonic, Boozer, Young Toon Link, C. Falcon, Jiggz, and Lucas.

A handful of other characters are decently playable as well, and few others still need total rebuilds.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Question:

Will the items (Turnips/Bombs) be modified so that the work like in Melee ?

I liked this a lot more than how they work in Brawl. No turnip wall and no hitting of bombs with my own arrows :<

And no recover shinanigans against peach D:

And another thing that came into my mind: Why dont you leave the brawl characters with the brawl aid dodge, while the melee characters get their old air dodge back. This would be very interesting to see, because there would be two types of air-dodgers.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Mario and Sheik are both really polished right now. A lot of other characters have most of their gameplay components installed but don't have refined physics yet, such as...

DK, Link, GW, Luigi, Zelda, Ike, Ganondorf, Ness, Sonic, Boozer, Young Toon Link, C. Falcon, Jiggz, and Lucas.

A handful of other characters are decently playable as well, and few others still need total rebuilds.
Very nice, very nice. I can't wait for Mario/Sheik dojo in the near future. But I am especially looking forward to Ganondorf's reveal... I wanna see his rebuilt animations.

Lol, and I assume ROB is one of the those characters who still needs a total rebuild. JCaesar wasn't joking when he said PM ROB was more broken than ROB-.:laugh:

And another thing that came into my mind: Why dont you leave the brawl characters with the brawl aid dodge, while the melee characters get their old air dodge back. This would be very interesting to see, because there would be two types of air-dodgers.
Hmm... That'd be an interesting twist, certain newcomers don't need a wave dash (such as Sonic because he already has a ton of mobility). But characters like Wolf, ROB, Lucario, Diddy, and Snake would be hard to imagine without a wave dash in a melee setting.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Um i noticed in well at least in B+ Luigi has a spike on his Dair at a certian point is there gonna be any changes to make it a tad easier maybe like how Brawl 's Falco Dair is? Also is there going to be a stream tonight? just wondering.

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
So who did win? How did the regular melee players do? While I watched people seemed to be pretty pleased with it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Bowser's fsmash looked way too deadly in that livestream. Killing at 30% on a bunch of characters? Was it some sort of handicap or what?
More like, he still has Brawl+ Bowser's broke-*** fsmash.

TH and I ran a for-fun P:M tourney on the side of a Melee tourney today too. Fun times. Everyone loves it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Bowser's fsmash looked way too deadly in that livestream. Killing at 30% on a bunch of characters? Was it some sort of handicap or what?
The KB of every move will be fine-tuned. With that said, Boozer's Melee F-smash is probably a bit more powerful than you remember.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Our tournament results were all melée players on top. What I know off the top of my head is
1 rayku
2 KO kingpin
3 joot
4 (pika) Chad
5 me

edit actually I might have gotten 7th or something

What would be really interesting in my opinion is having every character be able to select pre-match which airdodge they would use, similar to the -isms used in the...SF:Alpha series, I believe it was?

Pretty sure that would be a pain in the ***, if not impossible to code though.

Ulevo

Smash Master
How's Meta Knight looking thus far?

Also, I was wondering what you planned to do with Ike's Eruption, if anything? Currently in B-, Ike has the ability to charge and store it. I thought that could be a useful addition. Any thoughts on that?

jalued

Smash Lord
How's Meta Knight looking thus far?

Also, I was wondering what you planned to do with Ike's Eruption, if anything? Currently in B-, Ike has the ability to charge and store it. I thought that could be a useful addition. Any thoughts on that?
i personally dont like that idea. How about giving his eruption a very short meteor hitbox? say at the 1-3 frames when his sword hits the ground?

Is marth going to get back his old charged B? i hope so

Ulevo

Smash Master
i personally dont like that idea. How about giving his eruption a very short meteor hitbox? say at the 1-3 frames when his sword hits the ground?
It already has a meteor hit box. It's just very hard to hit with. Being able to store the charge would actually make the move worthwhile using, but that's my take.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Marth already has his melee neutral b....they just need to polish how it looks/gfx
and Bowser is def. getting his koopa klaw back....it's not hard, just takes time and work (which it's why its been put aside for a bit since its not a priority atm)

yesterdays stream was full of lols.

Nana is freaken broken xDD she was piggyback riding Popo (a.k.a the buttsecks move) and couldn't get hit. Also Popo can't be grabbed.

G&Ws Nair froze and it stayed out...(that thing is alive, i swear o-o)

and what's with the Pika ninja kick xD....i think Melee B-air would be fine/better

(Falcon is starting to look really good...but the game still needs more friction)

Shanus for tether ledge grabs....would it be possible to add some IASA frames for jumping out of the ledge grab? (ala Melee) that's the least we could do since Melee tether wall grappling seems impossible to code atm

Rikana

Smash Champion
Jiang made the pika ninja kick lol. I had difficulties landing a hit with it a while back. Don't know if it's been changed.

Revven

FrankerZ
Put S64 bair on that thing and watch Pika ****.
That's what the Bair is supposed to be, but jiang just took Samus's Bair animation and put it on Pika's Bair and made the hitboxes fit the animation appropriately. I would much rather have a new animation entirely than using another character's animation, even if it is just placeholder.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday's stream:

So...Ice Climbers are the most lulzy messed up character ever XD.

1. First off, ICs can only be grabbed once per stock lmao.

2. ICs recovered with SideB and landed on the stage after going into free-fall. However, when they landed Nana was stuck in her free-fall animation and just clung to Popo's back as if he were giving her a piggy-back ride. XD

3. Nana just seems to throw out attacks in a really spazzy, ridiculous manner. ICs were spamming fsmash, non-desynched, and Nana seemed to throw out fsmash like two times crazy fast every time Popo did his. She would also hit ridiculously far behind her and was generally just broken.

Other comments:

-Grab releasing is crazy. If you grab someone on the edge of the stage and pummel them (so they do the "ground" grab release) they will fly off the stage and some characters will be unable to recover, while some others can be edgehogged guaranteed.

-Sheik needs more KB on her fthrow/bthrow. They seemed more like combo throws than actual edgeguard set-ups if you DI up.

-Peach needs her Melee second jump. At the moment her second jump is terrible and her recovery is totally poor by Peach standards. She could also use Melee turnips/Melee float speed.

-Bowser's fsmash is just too powerful. I understand that its hard to land, but it killed people at like 30% over the top literally. It also killed at 0 fully charged.

-Falcon's knee hitbox is good, although the power on that move is a little over the top. It could use a slight tone-down, though nothing too substantial.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Definitely agreed.

Also, is Ganon's DownB going to be fixed so he doesn't fly OVER small characters?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
hmmm let's see.....64 bair, brawl bair or MELEE bair...

i understand we are keeping brawl moves that are superior to melee's version but...that should only apply if the Melee move was completely useless or if the Brawl move is of better use

i don't think that applies to Pika's Bair......Melee bair wasn't useless and imo brawl bair isn't of much use.

and i don't think it is suited to look into 64 unless both the melee and brawl version of a move are completely terrible (which is not the case here)

at this rate there is gonna be way too many unnecessary animation flip flops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom