• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yea, seriously guys....stop with the crazy ideas. i don't want any "wtf is this doing here" in my Project Melee T^T

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I find it rather funny that people keep referencing Brawl- in this thread.

Completely different goals that should not be compared in such a way :E

D

Deleted member

I find it rather funny that people keep referencing Brawl- in this thread.

Completely different goals that should not be compared in such a way :E
Well... the top tier in Melee is in fact broken and overpowered
but in an equally enriching way

Sterowent

Smash Ace
top tier what?

top tier entertainer?
top tier technical?
top tier *******?
top tier for babbies?
top tier infuriator?
top tier dan hibiki?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Go talk about Deku nuts in the Brawl- thread. Seriously.

y so srs? Chillax son. <_< I wasn't seriously suggesting it. It was more of a joke suggestion. Never even remotely expected you to put it in. Lighten up. Taking EVERYTHING seriously will shorten your life. e.e

^ this is to everyone who *****ed about that suggestion.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If I had a guess I'd say Wario, DDD, Wolf. Then Everyone that was top in melee.
How did you come up with those 3? o_O

I don't see Wario being top as long as Melee Marth and G&W are in this game.

Actually I don't see anyone being top as long as G&W's parachute is in this game :p

Handorin

Smash Hero
Kirby is actually looking pretty decent in this game. Probably not top by any means, but he's a lot better. Probably the 64 sex kick.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I would love to see Kirby's throw game from vBrawl come back. If he wants to be at the level of the other Melee characters then he would probably need it anyways.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I hate Sonic:M's priority.
It didn't exactly change on anything but nair....but okay.

People finally realize that Sonic has good priority moves and that fair simply isn't one of them like it is for most characters <_<.

PSS: And Jab doesnt link properly anymore. Q_Q
I'll get on that today. Jab 1 will probably suffer a slight range nerf though (and jab 2 will get a range buff)

Actually I don't see anyone being top as long as G&W's parachute is in this game :p

idk man, I'm pretty sure Marth will still **** G&W <_<.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
How did you come up with those 3? o_O

I don't see Wario being top as long as Melee Marth and G&W are in this game.

LOL. That does look pretty rigged. Also what is going to happen with Mario? In theory his recovery should be better but everytime I watched him play so far he always goes off the stage and dies even easier than he did in melee??? whats up with that?

shanus

Smash Hero
LOL. That does look pretty rigged. Also what is going to happen with Mario? In theory his recovery should be better but everytime I watched him play so far he always goes off the stage and dies even easier than he did in melee??? whats up with that?
No he dies pretty much the same as melee lol

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Does FLUDD even have fast enough start up/cool down/pushback to really be viable for charging and usage in this game? I don't think I've even seen it used in the streams, from what I've watched (quite a bit). It also doesn't seem like there is much opportunity for use, anyway.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Ugh Fludd. Maybe it's just me but even at my best, I could never apply it to my chagrin. It's not quite as capable as the cape in most conditions but theoretically, it's used for those rare cases when you know they'll still sweetspot that ledge. =/

I'm wondering if Jiggly will be able to massacre fast fallers with his throws.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No he dies pretty much the same as melee lol
:laugh: I loved mario. I only got into smash series back in the 90s because I wanted to play with mario or link. However they've always sucked....you have the power to change this now so do the right thing......please.

Does FLUDD even have fast enough start up/cool down/pushback to really be viable for charging and usage in this game? I don't think I've even seen it used in the streams, from what I've watched (quite a bit). It also doesn't seem like there is much opportunity for use, anyway.
I won't lie. from what I've seen in the melee gravity his FLUDD is not practical. Only in training mode but in an actual fight its useless and if you did use it you wouldn't make it back on most stages anyway and some you would just Fly under them. I think FLUDD should be scrapped and his Melee Down B returned.

and as for kirby.....his main problem in melee is he was slow. Unlike the other slow mother****ers on melee he was slow in every aspect. Slow attacks slow movement on the ground and slow in the air. He was better in brawl because everyone was slower and floaty as well as his much improved moveset in most aspects. However I suspect that as The Melee Physics emerge more and more he will fall in stature. Maybe not Bottom tier but probably in the middle or bottom of mid tier down the road.

Revven

FrankerZ
Does Mario's cape give the same vertical height it did in Melee? I'm pretty sure in Brawl he gains less height from it, so... if you haven't done that already you should.

shanus

Smash Hero
Does Mario's cape give the same vertical height it did in Melee? I'm pretty sure in Brawl he gains less height from it, so... if you haven't done that already you should.
we already have.

People need to speculate less and wait and see how chars perform though :p

Bandit

Smash Lord
Shanus,

May Zelda have her dtilt spike returned? Also, her flub fair/bair used to do 10% in Melee not 4% like in Brawl.

I wish I had an idea to help Pit's UpB, but sadly, I do not.

The game keeps playing better and better every time I play it. Good job so far and keep up the great work.

:bandit:

shanus

Smash Hero
Shanus,

May Zelda have her dtilt spike returned? Also, her flub fair/bair used to do 10% in Melee not 4% like in Brawl.

I wish I had an idea to help Pit's UpB, but sadly, I do not.

The game keeps playing better and better every time I play it. Good job so far and keep up the great work.

:bandit:
I think late last week camelot did zelda. He gave zelda the full works, but looks like he missed the dtilt, I'll take care of that.

Edit: Done

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
idk man, I'm pretty sure Marth will still **** G&W <_<.
MM me in Melee sonnn I **** that matchup :p

Honestly in all the times I've played Mario:M so far, I don't think I've ever touched his down-B. In my head, I'm playing Doc, so it never even crosses my mind.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
his main problem in melee is he was slow.
In addition to his overall sucktitude, bad dash attack, poor kill power, unreliable back and forward throws, etc...

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
That's why I would love to see Kirby have his **** Brawl throw game. It's a shame what B+ did to his throw game... it's a shell of its former self and it needs to be back :p

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
the fludd would be helpful in recovery if it's made reversible.
Yes or if it could be turned completely downward or have a 360 radius. I have played alot of mario in Vbrawl and Brawl+ and have used it to get back once. Then got killed.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Well one easy power up to give it would be more push back. I know in an early B+ build like 4.0 it had crazy good push back and was pretty strong. I finding a code to allow it to propel mario upward along with more water gushing out would be an interesting change though.

shanus

Smash Hero
Very good discovery:

IC-Basic 20003 = Previous Action ID (In scalar)

This means I can program in crouch canceling now.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
0_o.

That also means we can increase friction for JC grabs specifically (in addition to increasing friction in general), by having it only apply the friction boost if the last action you performed was "jumpstart." (don't know how this would be done, but it works in theory >_<)

Nice find.

shanus

Smash Hero
Very true, DS. Only caveat is that we don't know "Current momentum" so it wouldn't be able to be multiplied down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom