• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
^^ I deal primarily with P:M's image. I don't animate in game animations--- the other guys do stuff like that. They guys have already made some things sexier, not sure what they have in mind for shines--- they may or may not be spiced up.

Basically my tasks involve: logo design, and some neat stuff that has to do with P:M's menus--- though progress in this area hasn't taken off too much yet.

I have some other projects too...

I also worked on smashmods.com, though that has nothing directly to do with P:M.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
well, perhaps they didn't really see it as a failure but merely the removal of a bug that didn't owe itself to a smooth, graphically impressive game. they certainly made the effort to be as pretty as they could.

perhaps they didn't even consider anything gameplay-wise though, hah. well, besides the stuff they could show off, like usmash from run.

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
I read in another thread link can hit his own bombs now. Are you guys planning on making bomb jumping easier? By easier i mean, in melee you had to hit the bomb at just the right spot with the final slash of the spin attack to get it to explode. I'd like to see them explode no matter where you hit them.

D

Deleted member

I read in another thread link can hit his own bombs now. Are you guys planning on making bomb jumping easier? By easier i mean, in melee you had to hit the bomb at just the right spot with the final slash of the spin attack to get it to explode. I'd like to see them explode no matter where you hit them.
This. :D

Is anything being done with Tink's projectiles to differentiate himself with Link?

His arrows are already different enough to warrant a strategy revolved around them, but his bombs and boomerang don't seem too crazy.

Fire, Ice, Light arrows could be given to Tink for cool graphical differentiation without any new mechanic if need be, and it reduces the clone feel.

Rikana

Smash Champion
The bombs explode from any sort of contact except shields (bounces on shields) and when lightly dropped on platforms. You can even jump into your own bombs and it would explode.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, it makes AGT with Link a bit awkward sometimes since he can just run into his bomb and it blows up :laugh:

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
The bombs explode from any sort of contact except shields (bounces on shields) and when lightly dropped on platforms. You can even jump into your own bombs and it would explode.
will a platform drop bombs still explode on contact?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Oh he definitely needs it, don't get me wrong. It's just funny when he AGTs or z-drops a bomb and it explodes in his face.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
I had some ideas for characters in Project M. Hopefully some of these will get implemented.

Mario- faster fireballs (think almost the speed of Brawl-), faster Fair

Luigi- same speed increase to his Neutral B as Mario, improved Dair spike and faster charge time on Green Missile.

Wario- Faster Bair, Bite releases opponents sooner but does more damage, Side B does more damage on contact.

Samus- Buff missile damage please. More range on grapple beam?

Snake- 1 in 3 chance of taking out a Gooey Bomb instead of his regular nades, allowing him to stick people, improve execution time of Side B, faster Fair and Nair, speed up execution of Down B slightly, allow Snake to plant 2 mines with his Dsmash please its about time we had this!

Sonic- Quicker stopping time, allowing Sonic to perform jabs and his tilts quicker, make Dair have a sweetspot spike and give it really precise positioning and a small sweetspot hitbox like right on top of the opponent to spike, More ISIA frames in general for Sonic, particularly more ISIA frames with his Spin Dashes and Spring.

Falco- Is Falco going to have a clone moveset from Fox again? I really liked his Nair in Brawl, is it replacing something else?

MK- Faster recovery time from Side B, much faster Down B than in Brawl+.

Kirby- More range on Final Cutter? Quicker stopping ability with his Down B, Fire dash!

Wolf- Buff at least one of his recoveries for the love of Mary, allow canceling from his Side B into another attack.

Fox- TOO AWESOME

Captain Falcon- SAME IDEA

Yoshi- Higher jump distance with second jump, can't he have a third jump already?

That's all I can think of for now. Props to Project M, its looking mad sweet.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
welp, Opinions ahoy!

I had some ideas for characters in Project M. Hopefully some of these will get implemented.

1) Mario- faster fireballs (think almost the speed of Brawl-), faster Fair

2) Luigi- same speed increase to his Neutral B as Mario, improved Dair spike and faster charge time on Green Missile.

3) Wario- Faster Bair, Bite releases opponents sooner but does more damage, Side B does more damage on contact.

4) Samus- Buff missile damage please. More range on grapple beam?

5) Snake- 1 in 3 chance of taking out a Gooey Bomb instead of his regular nades, allowing him to stick people, improve execution time of Side B, faster Fair and Nair, speed up execution of Down B slightly, allow Snake to plant 2 mines with his Dsmash please its about time we had this!

6) Sonic- Quicker stopping time, allowing Sonic to perform jabs and his tilts quicker, make Dair have a sweetspot spike and give it really precise positioning and a small sweetspot hitbox like right on top of the opponent to spike, More ISIA frames in general for Sonic, particularly more ISIA frames with his Spin Dashes and Spring.

7) Falco- Is Falco going to have a clone moveset from Fox again? I really liked his Nair in Brawl, is it replacing something else?

8) MK- Faster recovery time from Side B, much faster Down B than in Brawl+.

9) Kirby- More range on Final Cutter? Quicker stopping ability with his Down B, Fire dash!

10) Wolf- Buff at least one of his recoveries for the love of Mary, allow canceling from his Side B into another attack.

11) Fox- TOO AWESOME

12) Captain Falcon- SAME IDEA

13) Yoshi- Higher jump distance with second jump, can't he have a third jump already?

14) That's all I can think of for now. Props to Project M, its looking mad sweet.
1) faster fireballs are a great idea, i think. melee fireballs went far, and went there lots quicker than brawl's. gotta restore those suckers.

2) if the fireballs acted like a better, though still poor, wall, i'd want them to stay as is. but that probably won't be possible, i guess. his dair is already a good move, though, and his recovery is already good, isn't it? he's always got a free dB recovery everytime he's knocked offstage, he doesn't fall quickly, and he's got a possible misfire, which will land him back onstage no prob

3) i dunno what to think. wario's a tough char to figure out. he's got probably the best aerial movement, but all of his attacks have melee hitboxes, i.e. very precise to his body. making his aerial game better at blockade should slow his momentum when trying to reverse directions or something for as long as an attack's out. but as to how to buff him...hitting someone with the bike is difficult, by the way

4) that grapple beam is ginormous. maybe bring back extender, but that seems hard to code. MAYBE HEAT BEAM HOHOHO

5) the fair is still jump-cancelable, right? i'd agree with the nair speedup to some bit. if you wanna keep snake from ever moving around in any smash, though, give him all this other ****, but this is supposed to be melee. give him a reason to actually fight his opponent!

6) i think they keep buffing sonic in good, interesting ways. i don't think giving him the general extra speed on all his moves would aide him as much as the current buffs they're throwing out. would rather see him more than preliminary markups. we're supposed to be thinking of good gimmicks or changes to characters to make them more interesting, like with sonic's huge structure of spindash mobility, rebuilding kirbycides, JCable/GCable shine, pikmin combos, PK OU, blah, blah, blah. not general buffs, i'm pretty sure

7) yeah, replaced with melee nair.

8) that sideB better have ****tier priority though. it goes farrr. i'd enjoy the downB faster though, always looked like a cool move. but maybe less distance covered in air? i don't want him with too many recovery options again

9)
FIRE DASH
NO.

pretty sure he's getting his kirbycides back, if it's ever able to be coded. final cutter range doesn't sound like a bad thing. bigger stages, after all...

10) hey, his sideB is good, though. his upB is just...well, it's better than falco's, hah

11) not touching this can of worms

12) nor this one

13) he does have more jumps. but you hit upB to use them...

anyway, i'm glad to hear your opinions. wish i had some to share again. besides about tripping. which should be in this game. hope you don't think this is harsh feedback. just stating my cool story, bro

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Mario and Luigi Fireballs - agreed; Luigi Dair spike - maybe

Snake - People generally don't like random factors with stuff like this. If it were to be added, it should be considerably more rare.

Falco - Nair is far better as its Melee counterpart easily. Fair will stay in Brawl+ style as it has much better use. Otherwise, Falco will be as close to his Melee style as possible.

MK - Good lord no on the Side B recovery time; it's an incredibly powerful recovery tool and does not need it at all.

Kirby - Maybe, maybe, and Fire dash was awful (unless buffed).

Wolf - The whole idea of being able to do moves after a recovery move is highly disliked in a Melee setting and is generally unwanted as much as possible.

Yoshi - Input DJC makes recovering aerials much safer and the Up B just adds to that. He'll be much better off than he was in Melee.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I think I've seen a video of P:M Kirby in action before and I must ask: Is Kirby's Nair his SSB64 nair or his current spin Nair?

Handorin

Smash Hero
n64 version. Kirby is pretty sexy in PM now. I have some Kirby vids I'm putting on the youtube account. Up to the head guys if they want to show them though.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Snake - People generally don't like random factors with stuff like this. If it were to be added, it should be considerably more rare.

I liked B-'s idea to let link pull a deku nut D: could you guys give him the same probability of doing this as peach has for a stitch face? or less just to justify it? ;_;
Deku nuts are **** =/ peach has stitch faces and link has exploding seeds =D

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Why not give toon link that sort of stuff? Link seems like the more serious, down-to-earth type a guy.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Why not give toon link that sort of stuff? Link seems like the more serious, down-to-earth type a guy.
Toon link never had deku nuts iirc =P young did and adult link but not toon. admittedly TP link didn't have them either but we're basing this off of MELEE link who was adult link and thus had deku nuts. inb4thenthesamethingappliestoTLsincewe'rebasinghimoffyounglink

anyway Deku Nuts were used by sheik too. Sheik seems pretty serious and they fit with her (inb4it'saheidiot). i think they'd be cooler on link e.e TL has more mobility anyway and this would set him apart better. give TL something else if it rly matters =/ if this were put in it would be extremely rare so... ya <_<

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Toon link never had deku nuts iirc =P young did and adult link but not toon. admittedly TP link didn't have them either but we're basing this off of MELEE link who was adult link and thus had deku nuts. inb4thenthesamethingappliestoTLsincewe'rebasinghimoffyounglink
It would still make more sense for Toon Link.

Either way, not a big fan of the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom