• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

MacD

Banned via Administration
i'm in so cal. i used to play it when connor had it/would be over a lot

i only really played lucas cause he is my fav brawl character and i love his kit and when it had melee aspects it seemed to actually work well

i was the one who wanted you guys to make it so R/L would make you get up in place if you were on the ground!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
About Wave.net

I don't think Wave.net/Upsmash really combos, I'm pretty sure you could jump/DI to get out of it.
Wave.net/anyaerial seems legit though since you could follow their DI, as does Wave.net/juggle_backandforth against spacies.

And yes this is how we talk about anything out of Wave.net from now on.

pretty sure wave.net/upsmash combos on normal characters at decent percent ranges and on ffers/spacies as well.

what i want to do is code wave.net/sh_dair/dair to redirect into another wave.net

9Kplus1

Smash Master
last time i played armada he tried y link and i shoulda won but i messed up and got hit by a bomb, then he ditto'd me

i'd love to ditto him in like winners finals though!!! just gotta get myself there one day
Did he like time you out, or bomb combo you into Dair or something? Regardless, doing that well against Armada is ****. How'd you do in Peach dittos with him? And yeah, with a just a bit of practice, you'll get there, definitely. It's in your blood.

what the heck is wave.net
Wave.net is actually an ISP. Seriously, though, it's Lucas's wavedash out of PSI Magnet

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i'm in so cal. i used to play it when connor had it/would be over a lot

i only really played lucas cause he is my fav brawl character and i love his kit and when it had melee aspects it seemed to actually work well

i was the one who wanted you guys to make it so R/L would make you get up in place if you were on the ground!
macd, you should tune into my lab tonight. ill be doing some research with lucas.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Did he like time you out, or bomb combo you into Dair or something? Regardless, doing that well against Armada is ****. How'd you do in Peach dittos with him? And yeah, with a just a bit of practice, you'll get there, definitely. It's in your blood.
we were both last stock last hit, but i ran into a bomb like an idiot. just got impatient

our peach dittos are semi close but idk. i feel like he's definitely beatable but it'll take some work. last time i just lost to him camping me in dittos. i'm never patient enough against camping

macd, you should tune into my lab tonight. ill be doing some research with lucas.
what's that?

Ecks

Smash Lord
How about JC Spin Attack for both Links? WaveSpin all day.

And +∞ to however gave Fox his old aerial laser animation.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
It's not Lucas's WD out of Psi Magnet, it's the fact that you get pulled towards them now when you use Psi Magnet combined with it's new trajectory. Wave.net=new improved Psi Magnet

EDIT: Also, what time are you going to be streaming Neko?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Is there a problem Mr. Neko? :troll:

Anyway, Lucas' new magnet is a clever idea. I didn't know what was happening at first, but I liked what I saw.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So I went to some place to see if I could hold events there, but sadly, the discussion was as follow:

Me: Excuse me, I heard you had Melee get-togethers on Thursdays?
Him: Yeah, but they stopped coming a little while ago. I wonder why.
Me: *Looks around. Sees LCD TVs* Did you change the TVs recently?
Him: Around the time they stopped coming actually.
Me: Yeah, I think we found your answer.

BTW: My brother gave me his CRT TV ^^.

This picture emulates my feelings: http://ia.animepaper.net/thumbnails...te-i-love-crt-177972-nat-preview-371bac55.jpg

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
So I went to some place to see if I could hold events there, but sadly, the discussion was as follow:

Me: Excuse me, I heard you had Melee get-togethers on Thursdays?
Him: Yeah, but they stopped coming a little while ago. I wonder why.
Me: *Looks around. Sees LCD TVs* Did you change the TVs recently?
Him: Around the time they stopped coming actually.
Me: Yeah, I think we found your answer.

BTW: My brother gave me his CRT TV ^^.

This picture emulates my feelings: http://ia.animepaper.net/thumbnails...te-i-love-crt-177972-nat-preview-371bac55.jpg
whats wrong with lcds? If you have component cables and can play in 480p they're fine.

EDIT: Nvm I guess I never noticed the lag for some reason, probably because I have no tech skill, lol.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, components help but there is still some lag. But yeah, idea is CRT, thoug Plasma TVs are also good.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Lcd's do have a small bit of lag, but it isnt out of the realm of adjusting on the fly. I chalk the difference up as being similar to playing Marth, then going to play fox, and adjusting to the different timings on their wavedashes. Only thing is your not adjusting between characters, just your mains timing is slightly different. I play on a Lcd atm until I can move my TV, and its fairly easy to transition between the two.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Honestly, I thinkt hat part fo the reason i got better overnight at the legion fest is due to CRTs there. I did nothign I wouldn't normally do. My timing just improved form the visual cues being better. I guess it depends ont he kind of player you are, but I noticed a huge difference from Composite LCD to Component LCD and then a difference from Component LCD to Composite CRT.

I used to hav emy doubts, but now I'm kinda partial to CRTs/Plasmas.

My next TV will be a plasma.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This game is needed more than I thought. After watching GFs at Apex.....ewww..

Need to get out the PM. Even if characters can camp there should at least be some anti-camp characters or characters that can make it interesting.

MaxThunder

PM Support
so... i still can't get irc to work... whenever i go into an irc channel, it's completely empty and i get an error saying i can't write to the channel...

any ideas on what might be causing this?...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Get over yourself if you expect to see every match be Shiz (Or any other aggressive player) vs Mango. I enjoy watching Armada trade tit for tat with Hbox, and after 3 majors ending in the same result for Hbox, I can only imagine it will be an eye opener for him. With the rivalry between these two players being what it is, the match is more than just what it appears at a casual glance, and if you can't appreciate that rivalry, you won't be able to appreciate the battle.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Shiz vs Mango? You mean the better player always ****** the other one? :awesome:

Btw, haytrsgonhayte. Just give it a few weeks; the people hating on Apex GF's will go back to their hypocritical ways. Besides, I'm pretty sure that anyone else would've played the same way with $3,000 on the line.

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Get over yourself if you expect to see every match be Shiz (Or any other aggressive player) vs Mango. I enjoy watching Armada trade tit for tat with Hbox, and after 3 majors ending in the same result for Hbox, I can only imagine it will be an eye opener for him. With the rivalry between these two players being what it is, the match is more than just what it appears at a casual glance, and if you can't appreciate that rivalry, you won't be able to appreciate the battle.
I enjoy watching Armada trade tit for tat with Hbox
hmmm I saw very little trading if any at all in some matches. If you want to see a tit for tat match watch Shroomed vs M2K here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ787Wlke0s

this is an example of tit for tat(Games 2 and 3). Hbox vs Armada's YLink(I love them both). it was **** for Sh@t not tit for tat.

If you can't appreciate that rivalry, you won't be able to appreciate the battle
?
you won't be able to appreciate the battle
hmmm?
appreciate the battle
hmmmmmmmmm????????
the battle
:glare:
Which set where you watching? Honestly hardly any of the top 8 sets were battles. Some where entertaining but 1 sided. Javi's set with PP felt the most like a battle...which is odd because I typically hate fox vs falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom