• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
lol I got your profile from the Melee group, I honestly had no idea it was that easy.

Anyways, I can already get a ride since we can already imagine how you trying to pick me up would go.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
ah... well then blame shadic for not clicky and readie...
...Here's a timeline.

JackpotBoy: "Did you borrow ideas from SSF?"
Shadic: "No, why?"
Somebody: "Actually, SSF mentioned you guys as inspiration in a blog."
Shadic: "Link please."
JackpotBoy: "*posts link*"
Mr. Thunder: "Also posts link."
JackpotBoy: "I already posted that."
Mr. Thunder: "Blame Shadic for not reading it."

lolwut. :alakadoof:

iLink

Smash Champion
Are there still landing detection bugs or have they been worked out for the most part?

I remember seeing lucario's body jitter when he would land using the spirit bomb or if bowser used his sideb. I haven't seen that happen as of recent.

:phone:

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Hey, there was talk of a 2nd demo some time soon a few weeks ago, but since then there's been nothing said about it. Just wondering, what is it that you feel isn't ready enough to put out in a public demo? Some mechanic, a specific character? I'm not asking "BLUUUH WHERE"S MAH DEMO", I know it'll come when it's ready and no sooner, I just would like to know what's being worked on that's keeping it from being at a "good enough" state.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Hey, there was talk of a 2nd demo some time soon a few weeks ago, but since then there's been nothing said about it. Just wondering, what is it that you feel isn't ready enough to put out in a public demo? Some mechanic, a specific character? I'm not asking "BLUUUH WHERE"S MAH DEMO", I know it'll come when it's ready and no sooner, I just would like to know what's being worked on that's keeping it from being at a "good enough" state.
I'll field this one so the pmbr doesn't have to: some landing detection bugs as previously mentioned, momentum-canceling sticky techs need to go, a few brawl characters still need a unique moveset to be thought up, animated, and tested. And of course, the Ice Climbers are a big pain due to A.I. issues. I think that covers most of it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
There's no way you'll see ICs in a demo. ICs and Brawl characters like Olimar will probably only be on the final release. (2025)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
There are still jitters but they are mostly due to us not fixing them because the moves are still subject to change, lol. We'll get them fixed quickly when we get on it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
nothing had been projected, its all just back room bull**** and false hype.
It's cute how wrong your impotent rage is. :awesome: Any chance we can get an apology when you're proven wrong?

100% chance of Demo 2 before the end of March.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm hoping that the demo comes out before my college's annual gaming convention (which is my excuse to go back there once a year). I'd love to play it with some of my friends from the gaming club. I don't know when that is though; in the past it's varied from the middle of February to the middle of March.

I'm setting my hopes on Feb. 7th for Demo 2 release.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
...Here's a timeline.

JackpotBoy: "Did you borrow ideas from SSF?"
Shadic: "No, why?"
Somebody: "Actually, SSF mentioned you guys as inspiration in a blog."
Shadic: "Link please."
JackpotBoy: "*posts link*"
Mr. Thunder: "Also posts link."
JackpotBoy: "I already posted that."
Mr. Thunder: "Blame Shadic for not reading it."

lolwut. :alakadoof:
Actually I was the one that said that SSF mentioned you guys, somebody else asked if you borrowed from them. And I'll change my name to JackpotBoy if you get me a SWF Premium and an SD card with the latest Project M dev build.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Actually I was the one that said that SSF mentioned you guys, somebody else asked if you borrowed from them. And I'll change my name to JackpotBoy if you get me a SWF Premium and an SD card with the latest Project M dev build.
Time to set it straight.

Wario's Shoulder bash is based off of the GB Wario land games.

First PM used it for his Forward B when Magus and pals coded it in.

Then later, SSF used it for Wario's forward B for V0.7 months after it was in the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom