• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Definitely someone who doesn't make their user name based off a soft drink.

Unless it's not actually based off of Dr. Pepper and it's really Dr. Urination.

Yeah, I'm gonna get called a bad for that one. I don't know the origins behind Dr. PP's name.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
His name might come from that episode of That's 70s Show where they say Dr. Peepee. Someone should ask him the origins of his name, lol.

Anyways, thats kind of off topic.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
His name might come from that episode of That's 70s Show where they say Dr. Peepee. Someone should ask him the origins of his name, lol.

Anyways, thats kind of off topic.
When Kevin started going to tourneys, he assumed he would never be good, so he decided to go with a funny name just so that his opponent could get a laugh before beating him.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I always kept thinking of Dr. Pepper because it kicks ***, just like PP's Falco. But I remembered that name from the episode Monk mentioned.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I just assumed "peepee" is something that does not need explaining.

But whatevs, you guys are the smart ones. :troll:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
SB's scrawny as hell yo haha.

Count Kaiser could force some *****es into P:M tourneys though. And Ryoko, because unlike Neko, he's actually a ninja IRL.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
He also said the name came from someone who used to pick on him as kid. He had a different name for him everyday but this was the first one that came to mind when he entered lol.

edit: for some reason my quote button isn't working but oh well. The post was in reference to PP's name

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hey guys! Allow me to start by introducing myself; I'm `daze! I'm not actually THAT new to the smash community, (remade my account since I go by this alias now) and just came back after a long hiatus from hype from the APEX stream and smash4 craziness and got re-hyped about proj.M all over again after seeing/ reading about how it has progressed after these past 2 or so years :p

Now for my question:
I read quite a bit into the recent posts of this thread, and I hear that a DemoV2 build will be released sometime around march? Or before April at latest. Is this true? If so, you have NO IDEA how hyped I am for it! That being said, do you guys at the PMBR have any idea of which characters will make it into DemoV2?

I talked to PEEF! on some stream chat asking him if everyone in P:M was usable and he said that all characters in P:M are usable except for ICs since AI is being dumb.

sooo.. basically:

-Is it true that P:M's DemoV2 will be out before April?
-Will there be new characters added to the roster for DemoV2?
~If so, do you guys have an idea as to which characters will be added?

Thanks again all of you people involved with the development of P:M! You guys are seriously super awesome and my friends and I are HYPED for the new Demo coming out, let alone the final release!

[Mymainisyounglink/toonlinksopleaseaddhimintherosterfordemov2kthxbai<3]

:]

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I talked to PEEF! on some stream chat asking him if everyone in P:M was usable and he said that all characters in P:M are usable except for ICs since AI is being dumb.

sooo.. basically:

-Is it true that P:M's DemoV2 will be out before April?
-Will there be new characters added to the roster for DemoV2?
~If so, do you guys have an idea as to which characters will be added?
We are aiming to get the next build out in the first quarter of the year, yes.
Of course! We wouldn't keep you guys waiting for so long only to include mechanic fixes and whatnot and have you all stuck with the same Demo v1 characters.
Can't say. ;)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I honestly thought that all DK mains were extremely muscular and / or ridiculously strong. Guess that logic only applies to Ganon mains. Ryoko being a ninja doesn't really surprise me, though.

Teaser for DemoDos: The devs are working on making various parts of a certain player's anatomy into a usable, balanced character for us to enjoy :)

:phone:

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Oh my lordy this was hilarious lol

And with the release of Demo 2 soon, can I assume melee tethers will never happen?
Judging from streams and from what I have seen I believe the tether system will be for the better.

Also on a side note did you guys ever fix or talk about fixing the limit on off stage tether's? just wondering. I believe it was 3 was the max you could do then when you would try to do it a 4th time the tether would miss and you would go in special fall. again just wondering.

Revven

FrankerZ
Also on a side note did you guys ever fix or talk about fixing the limit on off stage tether's? just wondering. I believe it was 3 was the max you could do then when you would try to do it a 4th time the tether would miss and you would go in special fall. again just wondering.
Why would we "fix" that? It prevents stalling with the tethers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom