• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
Get over yourself if you expect to see every match be Shiz (Or any other aggressive player) vs Mango. I enjoy watching Armada trade tit for tat with Hbox, and after 3 majors ending in the same result for Hbox, I can only imagine it will be an eye opener for him. With the rivalry between these two players being what it is, the match is more than just what it appears at a casual glance, and if you can't appreciate that rivalry, you won't be able to appreciate the battle.
The real problem though is that hungrybox refuses to play any other style. Peach can cope fine against most jigglypuffs, but Hbox refuses to be aggressive so he drags games on. Armada just wants to win, and sadly YL is one character that counters jiggz but it leaves to very long and dull matches

Hopefully with PM, Jiggz will have quite a few counters so people wont have to resort to a campfest to win vs hbox

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Hype trains have an end. It's good sometimes to strike when the iron is hot. Still it would be bad to put out a far less than perfect game. But a least a second version of the demo is on it's way. Still I think the high point of P.M's hype has died down alot...to bad time has to go by. If only there was a hyperbolic time chamber to get all this done...by the time this is finalized there may not be much of a competitive scene left. I for one found a gray hair today...few weeks before I turn 23....nice..

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well I try to keep people interested. I really do. Streams of friendlies and lab work. Pocasts. **** like that.

Also take solace in knowing you all have a window of release lol.

:phone: :: Tapatalk Android App

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Honestly, I thinkt hat part fo the reason i got better overnight at the legion fest is due to CRTs there. I did nothign I wouldn't normally do. My timing just improved form the visual cues being better. I guess it depends ont he kind of player you are, but I noticed a huge difference from Composite LCD to Component LCD and then a difference from Component LCD to Composite CRT.

I used to hav emy doubts, but now I'm kinda partial to CRTs/Plasmas.

My next TV will be a plasma.
Right there with ya. Even very slight lag throws me off, and I'm not even very technical. It's more about timing and spacing that require visual cues, not autopilot techskill stuff.

This still the most popular thread on smashboards despite the project not even being out yet?

Cool.
Fixed.

Important Announcement

It's official, the Legion has a new HQ! And as soon as we get our FIOS up and running (hopefully tonight), there will more than likely be near-daily streams. We may end up playing a variety of games, but I'd like to dedicate at least an hour a day to Project M, and we'll try to play the characters that the audience wants to see. So if you aren't following our channel already, clicky clicky!

If you live in the area (central MD) and would like to drop by one of our smashfests, let us know in our crew thread. We're shooting for something big this weekend!

9Kplus1

Smash Master
It's official, the Legion has a new HQ! And as soon as we get our FIOS up and running (hopefully tonight), there were more than likely be near-daily streams. We may end up playing a variety of games, but I'd like to dedicate at least an hour a day to Project M, and we'll try to play the characters that the audience wants to see. So if you aren't following our channel already, clicky clicky!

If you live in the area (central MD) and would like to drop by one of our smashfests, let us know in our crew thread. We're shooting for something big this weekend!
Aw, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Time to clear what little plans I have during the week.

Gbd

Smash Rookie
Hey guys !

It seems i cant get P:M to work..

I have a PAL hacked Wii but i can launch a NTSC version of brawl with Neogamma..

I downloaded the files from the P:M website, i installed it on my SD card, without anything else, and when i go to the stage builder, nothing happens :>..

Anybody got any idea how to fix this ? It seems the gecko OS is not launching, dont know why..

Thanks !

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Puff is still Puff, Spam. and puff doesn't even win anything, lol. If people want to camp and it works, then there's nothing stopping them. This game (and Melee) isn't always Super Approach Bros and zoning will probably be more real of an animal than you realize it is.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Hey Gbd: You should probably make sure you get the hacked version if you ar eusing Neogamma. Then you wouldn't even need to go into stage builder.

Also, in your options, check hook types for ocarina and test a few options there.

Gbd

Smash Rookie
Hey Gbd: You should probably make sure you get the hacked version if you ar eusing Neogamma. Then you wouldn't even need to go into stage builder.

Also, in your options, check hook types for ocarina and test a few options there.
The hacked version ? Which one ?

I have to check the ocarina option every time, as it uncheck automatically every time.. Do i need to check something else than just the ocarina option ?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I don't think so Gbd. As for hacked version, you can either just try out the installer or get the zip. If you got the zip and copied everything on the root of your SD card (Provided it is 2BB / not micro SD), it should work.

Gbd

Smash Rookie
I don't think so Gbd. As for hacked version, you can either just try out the installer or get the zip. If you got the zip and copied everything on the root of your SD card (Provided it is 2BB / not micro SD), it should work.
I tried both : the zip and the files that i copied and the installation with either the homebrew option checked or the "hackless wii" checked..

My SD card is a 4GB though.. Might be what's causing the problem..

jalued

Smash Lord
I tried both : the zip and the files that i copied and the installation with either the homebrew option checked or the "hackless wii" checked..

My SD card is a 4GB though.. Might be what's causing the problem..
Yep thats the problem, the wii cant read SD cards larger than 2GB.

Fix that and it should work perfectly, my PM works fine on my PAL wii

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention that if you're running an iso/wbfs of the game, you don't need the gecko file, you just need to have the files in the right place. So once you get a 2GB SD card, if its still not working, that may be the problem.

But that's about all i'm at liberty to say without going further into specifics.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I look forward to still not playing this game.
I like you.

Naw, but srsly guise. Has Super Smash Flash had an influence on coming up with new moves for characters, or did it come up with most of Wario's moveset from P:M?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Naw, but srsly guise. Has Super Smash Flash had an influence on coming up with new moves for characters, or did it come up with most of Wario's moveset from P:M?
I don't know any PMBR members who play that. And we've had Wario's shoulder charge in for over a year. We started discussing it July 2010, and it was put in in August.

I dunno when SSF did their thing.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I don't know any PMBR members who play that. And we've had Wario's shoulder charge in for over a year. We started discussing it July 2010, and it was put in in August.

I dunno when SSF did their thing.
Probably after P:M. Wario's moveset is almost identical to the current P:M one and, as one who hasn't yet played the current P:M demo but has played SSF, I gotta say that Wario's really fun to play as. Cheers for making him as game-canon as possible.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I like you.

SSF2 specifically said that they got the shoulder bash idea from Project M.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Piano, Martial Arts, Swimming, Band and Badminton. Take your pick, something almost always happens to get in the way on that cursed Saturday. Being 14 also doesn't help either. I know I have a piano recital in Feburary for sure but I'm trying really hard to clear up next March before my fingers turn to rust.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
14? You should change your name to Jackpot Boy.

I dunno if your parents would let you get picked up by a scary 22 year old. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom