• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The worst part was when they said Marvel 3 and SFIV were good fighters and said MB was for "weeaboo **gg*ts."

I don't think you have the right to talk **** about smash when real fighting game players talk **** about your low tech-skill Poke Fighter IV.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You guys gotta realize that the online tfg community is absolute ****, but most of those people are either stream monsters or online warriors. The people who actually go to tourneys know what's up and respect most games, melee included.

Very few tourney goers are ******s towards other games.

:phone: :: Tapatalk Android App

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You guys gotta realize that the online tfg community is absolute ****, but most of those people are either stream monsters or online warriors. The people who actually go to tourneys know what's up and respect most games, melee included.

Very few tourney goers are ******s towards other games.

:phone: :: Tapatalk Android App

I considered this was the case, seeing as the tfg scrubs on the chat you know, weren't at apex in the first place.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
And then I reveal my trap card...?

Honestly, I understand that the stream was filled to the brim with trolls. 'Their' fighting game(s) not being streamed at the time Smash was is actually a pretty obvious (and passable) excuse to justify their "*****ing". That being said, I have nothing personally against traditional fighters. It's just natural (and fun!) to bash the games that aren't as significant to SWF as Smash is.

:phone:

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Better than Stonedashing for one.

Waveneting just makes Lucas so much more tempting to **** around with. The term itself is enchanting, really, as it implies that Lucas has a fair amount of technical depth to him. Honestly, anything that can combo into one of Lucas's fabulous aerials (particularly Bair and Dair) is divine and makes Lucas a very attractive character. I had "The Lab" in a different time for several periods of time (**** off, my hentai cannot wait), so I likely didn't catch all of Wavenet's applications, and more importantly, technical barriers. It's definitely something I'm positively interested in experimenting with, hopefully once I get the chance to play with Legion... Or when Neko makes the six-hour drive to play with me <3

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Really impressive that usmash can be comboed into from Magnet. I wonder what else would work... grounded pk freeze maybe? Bair seems like the slowest aerial, so all of them would combo. And then there's Magnet to Offense Up wind. So much I want to try out, haha.

EDIT: Same time post >.>

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I enjoyed watching HBox play. Playing him would help build mental endurance and force you to think about more ways to get over tactics. He also has other characters, like his Ness, which ***** some people especially Foxes (but lost to Armada in friendlies). Haters gonna hate, spam gets exposed because Wobbles is one of the best ICs even without Wobbling. America got exposed, ATL South is legit. Hyphy.

I wouldn't mind seeing some lab work.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Get a car or take a bus. Like greyhound or that special one that goes up and down east coast for like 40$.

If you bus down for the weekend, ill house you lol.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Wow, you troll.

Eh, I don't mind getting back into why traditional fighters suck so much, especially after seeing the stream for Apex flow into the toilet. ****ing babies whining about their ****ty fighters :mad:

Btw great job ****** everyone at Apex, MacD. You > Armada, IMHO

haha that claim might be a little hard to back up, opinion or not

don't enter tournies for 3 months, play friendlies like 5 times, get 9th, almost beat kk/hax..... wonder what coulda happened if i was more in practice

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I always laugh at FGC thoughs about melee, especially when there like oooo we have 15000 viewers, lol MvC3 is what 8 months old, gone through like 3 different patches, and 2 rereleases in order to keep the game fresh and not die out. Melee is 10 years old, i'd like to see where MvC3 is 10 years from now.

Lucas is looking more and more kick-***. I was so hyped for him when Brawl came out, then realized how un-unique he was. P:M has changed that.

I actually wanted to see HBox vs Armada, mainly bcuz I thought Hbox would pull out Ness vs Ylink. Also I was very surprised Hbox beat Mang0 in Losers finals. And Ice form Germany was ridiculolus to watch in the crew battle, its too bad he didnt get further in the bracket, the way he was Ps everything was insane.

iLink

Smash Champion
I always laugh at FGC thoughs about melee, especially when there like oooo we have 15000 viewers, lol MvC3 is what 8 months old, gone through like 3 different patches, and 2 rereleases in order to keep the game fresh and not die out. Melee is 10 years old, i'd like to see where MvC3 is 10 years from now.
MvC2

Who even said that the patches were to keep the game fresh? You sound as ignorant as some of the stream monsters spewing out random junk in the chat lol.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm going to assume you meant MvC3 ruined the MvC2 scene. That's mostly because the transition from mvc2 to mvc3 wasn't as awful as Melee to Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Was there a PM tourney at Apex?

If so, I'd like to see the tourney results for character placement out of curiosity

iLink

Smash Champion
No p:m tourney. I heard that alex mostly didn't want it because there was going to be some nintendo reps or something and he wouldn't want it there with them around. They weren't there afaik. All that is just what I heard and could be a rumor.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, can you guys link me to some great project M combo videos? I've seen smashing in the rain, and M-inent Domain. Trying to show some stuff to a friend. Stuff that shows off new mechanics is preferable.

Great matches is acceptable too. All the best.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So wait was GF literally Armada ****ting on Hbox on Dreamland again?
Not Dreamland, but yeah, that was about it.
Well no, it wasn't like before. Hungrybox kept it close and played noticeably better against YL than he did last time. He ended up taking it to the second set, and it went to (IIRC) the final game when Armada won. Most of the games were pretty close (especially the last one, which was down the their final stock each before I missed the end due to a lag spike in the stream); it wasn't just Hungrybox getting destroyed.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Hey, can you guys link me to some great project M combo videos? I've seen smashing in the rain, and M-inent Domain. Trying to show some stuff to a friend. Stuff that shows off new mechanics is preferable.

Great matches is acceptable too. All the best.
if you don't mind PM demo combo videos look at these

this is my zelda combo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKsGQzSB_rw&feature=player_profilepage

this is an awsome combo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K4PN2x_j0-o

9Kplus1

Smash Master
There are no other Project:M combo videos, aside from ones that only showcase the crappy demo.
haha that claim might be a little hard to back up, opinion or not

don't enter tournies for 3 months, play friendlies like 5 times, get 9th, almost beat kk/hax..... wonder what coulda happened if i was more in practice
3rd at the very worst. You, in the fray, would **** HBox and have a really good shot at doing the same to Mango. Honestly, Peach dittos in the GFs of any large tournament would be a treat to watch. Then again, Armada might go Luigi or some ****, because he'd be frozen in fear at the very sight of you.
Get a car or take a bus. Like greyhound or that special one that goes up and down east coast for like 40$.

If you bus down for the weekend, ill house you lol.

Oh. Excellent. Amtrak sounds really tempting, though (something around $10 cheaper, iirc). Thanks for the offer ?_?

MacD

Banned via Administration
last time i played armada he tried y link and i shoulda won but i messed up and got hit by a bomb, then he ditto'd me

i'd love to ditto him in like winners finals though!!! just gotta get myself there one day

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
About Wave.net

I don't think Wave.net/Upsmash really combos, I'm pretty sure you could jump/DI to get out of it.
Wave.net/anyaerial seems legit though since you could follow their DI, as does Wave.net/juggle_backandforth against spacies.

And yes this is how we talk about anything out of Wave.net from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom