• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i'd love to play against hbox.

it'd teach me so many things and it'd do wonders for my ability to adapt as well as increase my mental endurance against really frustrating tactics. :V

jalued

Smash Lord
i'd love to play against hbox.

it'd teach me so many things and it'd do wonders for my ability to adapt as well as increase my mental endurance against really frustrating tactics. :V
on another note:

Leffen, Kage and silent wolf all through to brackets :) The PMBR has a few decent players it seems

metroid1117

Smash Master
yes but they support the project :)

on another note, Mew2King rage quit out of the tournament after being 2-0 by wobbles :p
Going along APEX updates, apparently KirbyKaze (Sheik) beat Hungrybox.

Also, wasn't Redd in the PMBR? He apparently made it to bracket and lost the first match against Hax, but won LR1 before losing LR2 to Javi.

iLink

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkwQRhJVHIk

watch ice and armada

Lrn2powershield

felt bad for captain jack too, Dr.P.P was just a jack-*** when he won, was disrespectful to a melee legend
Are you really going to tell me to learn to powershield? Lol

Ice was just ps'ing the lasers, which I already went over why they arent very hard to powershield in the first place. How many attacks that werent projectiles were ps'd?

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
we can deduce from this that Dr.P.P >> M2K

or that M2K was having a really bad day
I think PP is definitely better than M2K, but M2K must be having a really bad day if he was mad enough about the match to quit Melee Singles after just losing in Winner's.

jalued

Smash Lord
Are you really going to tell me to learn to powershield? Lol

Ice was just ps'ing the lasers, which I already went over why they arent very hard to powershield in the first place. How many attacks that werent projectiles were ps'd?

No i'm not telling you that, but smash doesnt need defensive techniques to be easier. There is already a current melee trend towards being defensive, and larger PS windows would just make this worse:

Armada already swears that falco's dair is PSable, which he punishes with dsmash. Making the window larger would cause ALOT of problems for characters with staple onshield pressure and could drastically change matchups.

We already have CC which is an incredibly effective defensive tool, easier PS is just unnecessary.

Powershielding is a difficult, but rewarding AT that can separate hard working players from the rest. There is no reason for it to be easier

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>melee trend towards being defensive

stop listening to H4X. loool.

>making the window 1-2 frames larger would cause a lot of problems

lol not really. it might screw some characters more often, but it wouldnt vastly change the meta.

i think you're overestimating it.

i still dont think anything but PS reflect could stand for a change tho.

jalued

Smash Lord
>melee trend towards being defensive

stop listening to H4X. loool.

>making the window 1-2 frames larger would cause a lot of problems

lol not really. it might screw some characters more often, but it wouldnt vastly change the meta.

i think you're overestimating it.

i still dont think anything but PS reflect could stand for a change tho.
yes but the question is... is it really necessary?

I say no,

Melee has already set a standard for a very popular fighting game, so its simpler and safer to try to stick to its gameplay as much as possible

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
There are plenty of things in P:M that do not intentionally replicate Melee. lol.

Small things that matter, at that.

Like being able to RAR. Or being able to act out of ledge jump. Or being able to AD out of IASA unlike Melee.

Like lol. There were a bunch of "unnecessary" changes that benefit the game or give the game more options or things of that nature that are a departure from melee.

I believe it's less a case of "is it necessary" and more of a case of "will this benefit the game in the long run."

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Like being able to RAR. Or being able to act out of ledge jump. Or being able to AD out of IASA unlike Melee.
Uh, wouldn't being able to act out of your ledge jump disrupt the risk for benefit balance of ledge hopping? Ledgehopping gives you more options, but you are risking your double jump.

And AD out of IASA? Wouldn't that just make certain character's aerials stupid safe?

iLink

Smash Champion
yes but the question is... is it really necessary?

I say no,

Melee has already set a standard for a very popular fighting game, so its simpler and safer to try to stick to its gameplay as much as possible
Im not saying to make it EASY and get free ps all day but rather just slightly more lenient.

Just because they are emulating melee doesnt mean they have copied everything to the bone. Ledge hops work like brawl, all characters can grab the ledge backwards from a freefall and other such things.

The fact that ledge occupancy is also up for debate on how leniant it is should be more then enough grounds to discuss this.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Uh, wouldn't being able to act out of your ledge jump disrupt the risk for benefit balance of ledge hopping? Ledgehopping gives you more options, but you are risking your double jump.

And AD out of IASA? Wouldn't that just make certain character's aerials stupid safe?
No and No. Because you still have to go through parts of the ledge jump animation, which in turn ruins your invincibility given by the ledge. By the time you are able to act out of ledge jump, you have no invincibility, and even if it did, the second you're character is >100%, it becomes one of the worse ledge options.

And AD out of iasa doesnt make certain aerials stupid safe. Atm, it just allows soem characters to waveland their SH aerials that would of AC'd normally like ganon/falcon bair.

jalued

Smash Lord
Im not saying to make it EASY and get free ps all day but rather just slightly more lenient.

Just because they are emulating melee doesnt mean they have copied everything to the bone. Ledge hops work like brawl, all characters can grab the ledge backwards from a freefall and other such things.

The fact that ledge occupancy is also up for debate on how leniant it is should be more then enough grounds to discuss this.

reverse grab hitboxes are not able to be altered at the moment. I'm not sure what they plan to do once they can.

iLink

Smash Champion
reverse grab hitboxes are not able to be altered at the moment. I'm not sure what they plan to do once they can.
They haven't worked the range on it but im pretty sure being able to grab backwards is staying.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Edit: I just noticed I responded to something MANY pages old because I haven't visited this thread in a while and didn't check the page number.

Welp.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
No and No. Because you still have to go through parts of the ledge jump animation, which in turn ruins your invincibility given by the ledge. By the time you are able to act out of ledge jump, you have no invincibility, and even if it did, the second you're character is >100%, it becomes one of the worse ledge options.

And AD out of iasa doesnt make certain aerials stupid safe. Atm, it just allows soem characters to waveland their SH aerials that would of AC'd normally like ganon/falcon bair.
What about Jigg's who has iasa on frame 31 (out of 39) on her bair? It'd be even more abusable on stages with platforms

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Isai played like **** though. lol
It's prob cuz he got 2nd in 64. LOL.

What about Jigg's who has iasa on frame 31 (out of 39) on her bair? It'd be even more abusable on stages with platforms
7 frames omg so abuseable it will completely change her meta and she'll jump up 3 spots in the tier list!

really?

lol come on now. not only would you have to be frame perfect to abuse 7 frames, it's also super super situational (as in, right position between you and your opponent, right time, right place) in which a situation would arise would you would be able to be granted and opportunity to abuse those 7 frames.

I would go on, but I got distracted by Javi 2-0ing Dr. PP.

LOL.

tl;dr - your theory smash is overexaggerating.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
New armada?

*****. javi looking like the new cactuar.

did you see how many nairs he used?

***** was shaving legs left and right.

***** was taking people for a ride on the nair plane.

***** was like, "who needs a shine? i've got a bionic nair!"

**** was off the wall *****.

Like mad hype.

i was like daaaaamn, pp looking like sad keanu in here.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, something i'm curious about:

is it possible to make a move invincible to just a grab? like the way that most of gg characters have a grab invincible 6k

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Possible, probably. Would have to be stupidly specifically coded in? Yes.

Heavy armor would make more sense anyways.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
How big of an endeavor would it be to make all super armor frames for each character cause them to blink red like Bowser?

It just seems like the sort of thing that ought to be standardized, imo.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
How big of an endeavor would it be to make all super armor frames for each character cause them to blink red like Bowser?

It just seems like the sort of thing that ought to be standardized, imo.
Lol no, then fast attacks would never beat slow attacks if they collide with super armor frames. The idea is to combo into your slower/stronger attacks. Bowser doesn't really havee combos so muscling his way in with initially unsafe moves makes sense for a character like him. Its definitely something that shouldn't be standardized.

However, i think it would be cool if CCing created a blink.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I'm not suggesting giving SA frames to anyone that doesn't already have them.

I'm asking how much work it would be to make all SA frames cause a red blink like Bowser's.

The standardization I was referring to was the blinking, like how invincibility frames cause a white blink.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I'm not suggesting giving SA frames to anyone that doesn't already have them.

I'm asking how much work it would be to make all SA frames cause a red blink like Bowser's.
Oh, my bad. Well, probably not too hard since I don't think many characters have armor frames. Yoshi has it on his double jump. Not sure who else has it

As for invincibility frames, there is a bunch of characters who have those like Fox, Falco, Jiggs, Marth, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom