• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crush

Smash Master
since i want 9kplus1 to stop saying random stuff that doesn't make sense:

OMG STRONG BAD IS NOT HOW I EXPECTED HIM TO BE
he's shorter than me and i 2-0'd him in our MM
why is he even in the MBR?????

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I think that the Ice Climbers have by far the biggest "fear factor" in Melee.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just to stir up discussion, what would people's opinion be on making the powershield window a bit more lenient like brawl's?

Doesn't have to be as lenient, but I did like that brawl had that as a viable defensive option and made me feel reminiscent of 3rd strike's parry system. I think making it just slightly more lenient for consistency in use would be interesting.

iLink

Smash Champion
I was going to inb4 that but I figured people wouldn't be stupid and realize that even top melee players don't consistently do it.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
People powershield lasers pretty consistently, but not other attacks. Shield Angling is much easier and way more applicable to a real match than Powershielding anyway, and Melee has a nice balance of pressure and defensive play that I wouldn't want to see skewed with an easier Powershield window.

iLink

Smash Champion
Like in 3rd strike, projectiles are pretty easy to parry/powershield anyway because you see them coming all the time and are out on the screen for a while.

It's not like I'm suggesting to make it like you can powershield all the time, it would still require good timing, just make the window a tad more lenient so people that look for opportunities to do it actually have a more reliable option.

I mean look at 3rd strike (pretend chun-li doesn't exist) that game was pretty offensive in general and parrying wasn't exactly hard to do.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lol @ using a single person as a counterarguement.

not to say he isnt right @ top level powershielding consistantly, but lol @ that counterarguement. using a single person to prove something wrong/right is baaaad half the time.

To stay on topic. I wouldnt be against PS reflect being a frame or more lenient, but that's only because i'm not fond of projectile wars and projectile camping/turtling.

But then again, I play rushdown characters so of course I'm not a fan of that ****. LOL.

I prefer intelligent usage of projectiles, rather than mindlessly spamming them to stay away or force approaches.

I do recognize it's a playstyle, a rather legitimate one, and i do learn to beat it.

But god damn it that **** is not only more likely to be unappealing from a spectator's perspective, but it's very mentally taxing, and i am of the opinion it take's away from entertainment value.

you will rarely ever see projectile spamming *****s ever get cheered on.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Powershield direct attacks is better than it's ever been and doesn't really need any additional lenience.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I personally dont want normal powershielding to have a larger window considering how much better it is in P:M vs melee.

PS reflect tho...

my reasons are above. lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If you want more people with better than 50% powershield ratio, then add Kels, Zhu, M2K and RockCrock just off the top of my head. Honestly most top players that say to themselves "I want to get better at powershielding" are really good at it quite quickly.

iLink

Smash Champion
50% sounds like a gross estimate for all the ones you named.

The only one of those that I have noticed that pretty consistently does them is Zhu. Although I haven't seen any recent matches of rockcrock.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Washington Melee loves Project M.

Brawl players enjoy it too. Everybody has fun with good games!

MaxThunder

PM Support
aw... the completely innocent image i posted was removed=(...

and though this discussion was some pages ago... i'm scared of marth... yeah...

jalued

Smash Lord
50% sounds like a gross estimate for all the ones you named.

The only one of those that I have noticed that pretty consistently does them is Zhu. Although I haven't seen any recent matches of rockcrock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkwQRhJVHIk

watch ice and armada

Lrn2powershield

felt bad for captain jack too, Dr.P.P was just a jack-*** when he won, was disrespectful to a melee legend

jalued

Smash Lord
i disagree.

i love watching hungrybox.

i also love watching cactuar.

i'm okay with gay **** as long as projectiles are out of the mix. LOL.
with cactar, its fine because once fox gets hit, he is punished hard and usually dies quickly.

Jiggz just seems like a never ending circus of spam

Oh and Kage.. get *****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom