• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Looks like I have a recorded stream to watch later in the week.

Dirt's idea for Zoning D3 seems legit.

:phone:
Did... did one of my idea's get called legit?

Okay, I've had loads of ideas for Dedede. Note since I like played Dedede... twice total in PM most of these are assuming Dedede's basically unchanged. I seem to vaguely remember at one point he had some armour on dash attack, that's about it.

Also some other stuff I've had floating around:

Super Jump has to stay. Like Dedede's dash attack, it's completely iconic of his character. Maybe make it a little safer on landing, like pushing further away, buffing the stars, etc? Removing the super dumb botched landing? I don't like how you guys removed the armour. Even just some heavy armour would be nice. Super Jump as it is now is basically "hey you. yeah you. I'm up here and a massive target. come spike me please" Maybe kb based heavy armour would be more appropriate.

Jet hammer, as much as I love the move, has to go. For the replacement move, there are plenty of options, and I haven't quite gone through them all to look for ideas to suggest.

Jab. Please make it not trash. It's frame 12 and it doesn't in anyway make up for it. What I'd love is remove the first hit, keeping the second. I know in Brawl the second hit, hitting upwards, can set up for grabs, and leads into the fairly decent multihit.

Maybe make Dedede's shield a little larger. Seriously, it's so dumb getting hit once and then having everything shield poke you.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
/jelly I didn't get to play with toasty

But I did get to play with a bunch of new people this weekend including Vanguard who plays a pretty slick Lucario (vids coming!)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Basically I have the option of either moving out or going to Apex.

There'll be other big smash tournies. But I'm just sick of dealing with the whims of my parents, severe lack of freedom, being closeted, and a whole host of other stuff. So I picked moving out and I don't regret it.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
toasty's snake is so basic loool.

no shenanigans.

just brawling it up.
That nade to fully charged usmash was hotness though. I seriously died.
LOOOOOOL yeah dude that moment was sweet =D! thanks

and I'm just curious, I didn't take any offense to your comment or anything, just curious as to what a non-basic Snake is like if mine is basic? I do a lot of spacing games with explosives to **** with you subtly and to create DI traps ^_^ but I've always wanted to use Snake in Brawl JUST so I could ****in rush people down with those crazy aerials into shield pressure....but well...Brawl. **** don't work that way LOL
So yeah I'm beyond stoked about P:M's Snake =D

link2702

Smash Champion
crazy question but....

how does pit play in Project M? and are there ANY vids of him in action at all?

i'm juts curious what ya'll did with pit, since he's obviously not in the demo, and i can't find any vids of hwo he's changed at all on youtube, so i'm seriously curious what he's gonna be playing like.

humble

Smash Ace
I think D3 should still inhale the waddle's, just that it should be like when he inhales his opponent, he should be able to choose whether to spit them out as a star, or swallow them and gain back some health. Also, I think if D3 inhales a grenade/bomb, he should still take the damage, but shouldn't have the animation afterwards, so you inhale it to counter the KB and be free to act afterwards.

I think for his waddle toss, he should have a tap and smash version, with one tossing it lightly, and the other like his current throw. He should be able to angle the direction as well, up, down, or forward.

I agree that he should have Jet Hammer replaced, with what can be decided by the BR. Not sure how I feel about Super Jump, IMO the move blows, but I don't have any better alternative.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Idea for jet hammer- replace the charge up with an overhead one and split it's charge up into three phases. On the first, the hammer is regular size, on the second, it's larger, and on the third it is bigger than himself. On the highest level he could like do a spinning jump and smash the thing down, and on aerial release of any charge, he could do a parabolic jump while having the hammer spin around him. The higher the charge the better the jump. Afterward he can do the move in the air but it doesn't help his recovery at all. Keeps the basic idea of the move, give him an option to help his disproportionately awful recovery, and would look generally cool.

humble

Smash Ace
Idea for jet hammer- replace the charge up with an overhead one and split it's charge up into three phases. On the first, the hammer is regular size, on the second, it's larger, and on the third it is bigger than himself. On the highest level he could like do a spinning jump and smash the thing down, and on aerial release of any charge, he could do a parabolic jump while having the hammer spin around him. The higher the charge the better the jump. Afterward he can do the move in the air but it doesn't help his recovery at all. Keeps the basic idea of the move, give him an option to help his disproportionately awful recovery, and would look generally cool.
Why not just use the parabolic spinning version as his up-b?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Why do so when his current up-B is perfectly fixable already?

If you want a real reason, I compare it to the massive number of other characters that have additional recovery options, including Mario's down B, Luigi's down B, several side-B's, etc. His 5 jumps are decent on-stage, but they are not a substitute for an actual recovery.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Eh, I'd rather have a down-B that I can work into my game than a recovery option.

I mean all the new recovery specials are nice and all, but I want more things like Squirtle's down-B, a legitimate part of an onstage game.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm not. You just mentioned a giant hammer being useful for keeping people out, but failed to mention that as it was a suggestion you made, and one that requires charging, the length of charging very much will impact the utility of this theoretical move.

humble

Smash Ace
Eh, I'd rather have a down-B that I can work into my game than a recovery option.

I mean all the new recovery specials are nice and all, but I want more things like Squirtle's down-B, a legitimate part of an onstage game.
I haven't seen Squirtle's new down-b since Ice Punch, what is it now?

link2702

Smash Champion
crazy question but....

how does pit play in Project M? and are there ANY vids of him in action at all?

i'm juts curious what ya'll did with pit, since he's obviously not in the demo, and i can't find any vids of hwo he's changed at all on youtube, so i'm seriously curious what he's gonna be playing like.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We're still working out some details of his moveset but he should be ready to show fairly soon.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
There are no vids, but check Peef's stream when he's on. He mains Pit and uses him probably 50% of them time (except the past couple days where he's been testing Ivysaur).

Pit's side-B is an instant glide (much faster than the normal glides) and he can do aerials out of it. His up-B is a kill move instead of a recovery move now, so you're supposed to use glides to recover. Basically his whole game revolves around gliding now.

link2702

Smash Champion
:O

now i'm really curious to see how he plays...

i know it'll sound dumb but you have a link to peef's stream and be able to tell me next time he's on?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You gotta learn that sometimes life isn't nice to you and will allow streams of any kind. For example, my laptop is still outta commission until my situation gets better and I can get a new ac adapter.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
well today i found my old xbox360 and it red ringed after playing for about an hour, so i know about life's hardships

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
D3 feels like a free meal on yoshi story. Opponent already on my grill beginning of match? Ew. Any stage larger than that he's alright, I guess. Down-b is like his quickest attack up close. If removing that, i like the idea of removing first jab and making quicker.

Also, can his forward smash kind of be able to break shields? Raqu pointed out it's slower than Ike's and less damaging on shield.

By zoning, do you guys mean keeping opponent in specific distance/positions, or keep away? I like the former, not the latter.

Up-B gotta stay. I still think shorter/faster, and able to grab while coming down. Would still be edgehog-able and probably unsafe on shield. Yesterday I was just like, "i'm going to up-b, land, and take it hard. Yeah!... Maybe it's easier to sweet-spot than i think and need to practice? Not going to figure out until next demo!"

PEEF!

Smash Hero
:O

now i'm really curious to see how he plays...

i know it'll sound dumb but you have a link to peef's stream and be able to tell me next time he's on?
I post here but you can go here to follow me in the meantime:

www.twitch.tv/peefsmash

I will be streaming Project: M 2maro and will be sure to show you some Pit, but for now I'm streaming me finishing up a 10 page philosophy essay LOL

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
LOOOOOOL yeah dude that moment was sweet =D! thanks

and I'm just curious, I didn't take any offense to your comment or anything, just curious as to what a non-basic Snake is like if mine is basic? I do a lot of spacing games with explosives to **** with you subtly and to create DI traps ^_^ but I've always wanted to use Snake in Brawl JUST so I could ****in rush people down with those crazy aerials into shield pressure....but well...Brawl. **** don't work that way LOL
So yeah I'm beyond stoked about P:M's Snake =D
yeah, you didnt use much of the new tools snake had. little c4s and mines. little drags.

Revven

FrankerZ
What was that at 1:52?

The spirit bomb reappeared and Marth only received minimal knockback.
He didn't get hit by it at all... because he shielded it beforehand. vBrawl treats projectiles weirdly on shields in that when you do not PS Reflect projectiles (meaning normally shield it) they sometimes bounce off of it. Remember those videos before vBrawl released in the US and how people thought PS Reflect was in because they saw the projectile bounce back? Well, that's what that was in that video. The bouncing off does NOT allow them to hit the opponent at all.

No, it's not a glitch Jalued, it's not even remotely related to momentum >_>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom