• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

humble

Smash Ace
It should be limited to one Lucaryu gif. Therefor, which would you prefer, shield pressure, or VB's combo? I vote for VB's beast mode, that seems more impressive to me.

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Just put them both. It sends a message: Top tiers beware of imminent ****.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I see what you mean. And Melee tops will hold up just fine anyway.... Unless Metaknight.

Still, add them both anyway.

Rikana

Smash Champion
To be honest, I didn't find the combo to be as amazing as everyone else brought it out to be. Lucario has a one hit cancel system so I wouldn't be surprised to see things like that because on a technical scale, it isn't that hard to do either. I'm more interested in watching how Lucario plays in a match rather than seeing a combo done by him.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's actually not that impressive. It's jabs>dtilt>side b. But what is amazing (imo at least) is the potential the OHC system shows. Plus it looks fun to do.

VB's was about ten times more technical than that though.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's actually not that impressive. It's jabs>dtilt>side b. But what is amazing (imo at least) is the potential the OHC system shows. Plus it looks fun to do.

VB's was about ten times more technical than that though.
I didn't say it was technical. I just said that the usage in that situation was interesting (and you have to admit that it gained a few coolness points just for ending the match).
o-o????

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wdq83p.jpg

Its a Animated... jpg???? o-o
It's a gif. Tinypic always names all of its files as .jpg no matter what type they actually are. You can change the extension and it will still work (that's just how Tinypic itself functions).

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wdq83p.projectm

MaxThunder

PM Support
I didn't say it was technical. I just said that the usage in that situation was interesting (and you have to admit that it gained a few coolness points just for ending the match).

It's a gif. Tinypic always names all of its files as .jpg no matter what type they actually are. You can change the extension and it will still work (that's just how Tinypic itself functions).

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wdq83p.projectm
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wdq83p.penis

... eheheh...

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Hmmm, is it possible to code Lucario's OHC system so that hitting a shield with tilts or jabs does NOT allow the user to cancel into other moves? Cause' to me that's just silly. It seems that Lucario has a massive advantage over everyone doesn't it? I'm not saying it's broken and I know it's not set in stone(or is it?). The point is, the silliness of cario capabilities knows no bounds. Again, I'm not complaining or anything, just sharing an observation :[

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Lucario isn't the only character who can shield pressure into a grab, Peach, Fox, and Falco can do it too. Keep in mind that if Jiggs was a bad character in Melee and buffed in PM to the way he is now he would seem VERY silly and there would be endless complaints (not that there aren't already) about his huge disjointedness and his rest shinnanigans.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Hmmm, is it possible to code Lucario's OHC system so that hitting a shield with tilts or jabs does NOT allow the user to cancel into other moves? Cause' to me that's just silly. It seems that Lucario has a massive advantage over everyone doesn't it? I'm not saying it's broken and I know it's not set in stone(or is it?). The point is, the silliness of cario capabilities knows no bounds. Again, I'm not complaining or anything, just sharing an observation :[
tbh its just as bad (or good) as fox and falco sheild pressure and one spot dodge or roll would leave him oppen since he's dependent on a hit. i think a rolling against lucario is the answer.

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
This has probably been brought up before but i just have to ask; why didn't you guys just turn mario into doc for p:m? I'm obviously extremely biased as a doc player but the way i see it he's the more popular of the pair and most mario players will play doc for certain matchups so its not like they would be left without a character. Anyways I'm not trying to say just giving him certain doc traits was a bad idea I'm just wondering the reasoning behind it.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
This has probably been brought up before but i just have to ask; why didn't you guys just turn mario into doc for p:m? I'm obviously extremely biased as a doc player but the way i see it he's the more popular of the pair and most mario players will play doc for certain matchups so its not like they would be left without a character. Anyways I'm not trying to say just giving him certain doc traits was a bad idea I'm just wondering the reasoning behind it.
No (writes so post is long enough)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We did it because surprisingly enough there are some aspects that Mario is better at than Doc.
We picked and chose to make the best character we could have.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Lucario isn't the only character who can shield pressure into a grab, Peach, Fox, and Falco can do it too. Keep in mind that if Jiggs was a bad character in Melee and buffed in PM to the way he is now he would seem VERY silly and there would be endless complaints (not that there aren't already) about his huge disjointedness and his rest shinnanigans.
That statement would be valid if each of those characters were capable of canceling their jabs and tilts, not to mention aerials.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
None of that matters when you can press down+b, Y, then Z and it's inescapable.
Basically Jackpot knows what's up. If PM Lucario was in Melee no one would be whining.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

>mfw you want a character based off of traditional fighting games to not be able to do block strings into kara throws.

you may not know this, but lucaryu has issues approching lol, and his kills aren't guareenteed.

and uh, CCing/SDIing are not lucaryu's friends.
\
if he couldn't do block strings on shield, he'd be so terrible at approaching because of how on safe he'd been all the damn time loool.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It seems like it is safe to assume that like traditional fighting games as well, that you can jump out of block strings. Not to mention there being roll and spotdodge options.

At worst Luc is like AE Sakura or Makoto (maybe Akuma at very worst) where you absolutely have to know what to and not to respect. I think it's somewhere around AE Ibuki though in terms of what you have to respect in block pressure though.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Fair enough. My wording is bad. You can jump out of numerous non-perfect attack strings in a good amount of games.

I suspect that Luc is like that where he takes risks to get you to keep shielding, making you think that he's completely safe when he isn't.

shanus

Smash Hero
most of his moves are very low damage though, so his shieldstun is actually very poor. Characters with good OOS options can easily punish most of his moves.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
most of his moves are very low damage though, so his shieldstun is actually very poor. Characters with good OOS options can easily punish most of his moves.
This is what I was thinking when I looked at that animated .jpg. All that could've got stuffed by a dolphin slash OOS.

And speaking of OOS, I have a suggestion for Ike. Assuming Aether itself hasn't really been tampered with from the transition, Aether lasts for about 77 frames or so, whereas the super armor frames at at about 18-38. Is it possible to make the super armor frames starting at frame 1 all the way to frame 38? That should give Ike some sort of reliable OOS option because practically he has none and is laughably bad on pressure.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Regarding Lucario's pressure options, is jab1 -> side+B a true lock if you're frame-perfect and starting right next to their shield/crouch-cancel?

This is what I was thinking when I looked at that animated .jpg. All that could've got stuffed by a dolphin slash OOS.

And speaking of OOS, I have a suggestion for Ike. Assuming Aether itself hasn't really been tampered with from the transition, Aether lasts for about 77 frames or so, whereas the super armor frames at at about 18-38. Is it possible to make the super armor frames starting at frame 1 all the way to frame 38? That should give Ike some sort of reliable OOS option because practically he has none and is laughably bad on pressure.
As an Ike main in all forms of Brawl, I personally don't agree with that change. I know you've been playing Ike extensively and I haven't played him in P:M before, but I feel that with his effective range and increased speed, Ike should be able to avoid that situation reasonably well. Retreating shffl'd FAir/NAir -> jabs look like they they shut out a lot of approaches (it was great for Melee Ganon, and his FAir wasn't as long as Ike's; assuming that his Brawl frame data wasn't changed, Ike's L-canceled FAir should only have 9 frames of lag and his L-canceled NAir should have 7 frames of lag [which is the same as Marth's FAir and Falco's NAir], both followed by a 3-frame jab) and BAir OOS, while it requires Ike to have his back to them and it looks like his short-hop makes it hit slightly higher than in Brawl, still seems like a relatively fast and dangerous option. QD also allows for stupendous control of spacing; unless Ike's fighting a character like Falco, he should be able to retreat with QD and cancel it with a wavedash if he feels threatened (eg. Jiggs/Marth walling with aerials or Falcon dash-dance camping) in order to avoid getting stuck in his shield. I think that, given his tool-set (that I haven't used before), Ike should be bad with pressure because of his spacing options. It seems improper to me if you have a character that has slightly more range than Marth, hits harder than Marth, and has good options on shield pressure.

(All Ike frame data was taken from Kirk's thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom