• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
Make Sonic side B like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Rf_n1DrfY

Make it cancelable with another side, a Jump or an attack. that would make sonic a lot better (He sucks).

EDIT: Wrong quote, fixed.
i agree its a good diea to increase the intial knockback of the move, so that it allows combos. His current sideB is a nice idea in practice, but DI and CCing make it pretty useless

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It combos into grabs at low percents, and into aerials at mid%s and above as it is now. Even with DI.

DIing down sets up for chases and DIing up and/or away makes aerials a piece of cake.

CCing, when predicted, can be beat with an aerial out of spindash at the ground, or possibly WDing behind them out of SD.

sanic's got tricks lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Heh he was talking about standardtoaster, one of the devs.

btw <3<3<3 Play with us sometime! Big P:M fest in MD in early Feb.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
And Ike's side B, and Diddy's side B, and Wario's side B, and Meiling's alt. 214 B/C, and Reimu's 421 B and wait
Those aren't really air "dashes" like Pit's or ROB's. They're just sideways attacks that happen to be usable in the air.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I would hate if Dedede stopped picking up Waddles with his air dodge.

Like seriously, I'd punch someone out.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
And what's with all these up-b moves being upward recovery attacks?

And too many characters have projectiles!

What is your point?

Over half the cast already has side-b moves that move sideways, counting SONIC. As for the side-b attack/jump cancel mechanic, like a dozen or less? So what? His current side-b is right now kind of redundant with his down-b. And all characters are subject to change still, it could work out better for sonic than other characters.

I thought it was obvious I was being factitious when I started mentioning Touhou characters.

I've been pushing Sanic super dash since it was brought up in the smashmods thread.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
If he can pick them up with air dodge, can he throw them in the same air dodge with AGT? I'd like to see that. D3 runs up to a waddle, short hops, ADs forward to pick it up, AGTs it right away. Possible?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
If he (DDD) can pick them up with air dodge, can he throw them in the same air dodge with AGT? I'd like to see that. D3 runs up to a waddle, short hops, ADs forward to pick it up, AGTs it right away. Possible?
Not possible, Waddles are not considered items like bombs and bananas and turnips are.
i think haloedhero has the right idea he just using the wrong term i guess. I think DDD could air dodge throw waddle dees right after his first air dodge throw. the only problem is the waddledees end up too far infront of him if they dont hit anything.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
i think haloedhero has the right idea he just using the wrong term i guess. I think DDD could air dodge throw waddle dees right after his first air dodge throw. the only problem is the waddledees end up too far infront of him if they dont hit anything.
No, he's right. It's not possible. I forgot how they worked, since I don't play DDD.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If he can pick them up with air dodge, can he throw them in the same air dodge with AGT? I'd like to see that. D3 runs up to a waddle, short hops, ADs forward to pick it up, AGTs it right away. Possible?
Dedede doesn't hold them. I'd talk on just how it works, but I know how the PMBR doesn't like leaks and all.

Suffice it to say air dodge throws work identically to vBrawl, but with Melee airdodge mechanics. And it is the most badass thing ever.

humble

Smash Ace
Dedede doesn't hold them. I'd talk on just how it works, but I know how the PMBR doesn't like leaks and all.

Suffice it to say air dodge throws work identically to vBrawl, but with Melee airdodge mechanics. And it is the most badass thing ever.
That isn't a leak, that's been shown several times on streams since P:M's inception. I agree that the ludicrous flying it gives is fun, from what I remember. It's like how old AGT was in P:M, huge range off of it because it keeps the initial momentum from the AD.

I think it's funny how Ivy is all hyped to be this defensive spacing character like Dhalism, when nobody says anything about D3, who has fantastic range.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Dedede is a zoning character at heart. He aims to keep people out, and once they get in he wants to try and land a grab to send them back out. Also I can't help but feel his game should focus on stage control with waddles. I've always wanted the ability in regular Brawl to just set one in front of me, rather than tossing.

Also I'd love to lose the gordos, but in return

Waddle Dees no longer have their "nothing" actions (like the trip and look about and such) in their options and always do one of the three jump attacks, thus actually mattering and giving me a reason to want them out
Doos unchanged, maybe make the lasers a little easier to SDI but not too much. Maybe tone the damage down a little, though definitely not too much or you'd ruin them.
The ability to choose between the two. Like... an outward angled throw fires a Dee and a neutral angled throws a Doo? Possibly with the downward angled variations throwing them straight down in front of Dedede, so that they can be set in front of him?

Also if you could make inhale not eat them, that'd be the icing on the cake.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
she has a taunt like luigi, where her din's fire taunt does 1% damage
That's pretty funny. Thought I heard them say Sheik and that the upkick taunt was it; must've misheard.
Was surprised in the Ganon vs. Samus match that Ganon wasn't just parrying the missiles with A or uair.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Good stuff with the game so far, y'all!

Crazy fun times were had.

Shields, hearts, and dreams were all broken...but for the greater good.

omg I really love Ness so much right now!! Thanks to whoever fixed him! I still don't know if I'll ever get the hang of that instant dair [or rather if I'll ever be that fond of it] simply because so much of my style incorporates (delayed) swing-jumping and the like. However, I definitely appreciate that as a trade-off for it being instantaneous, it's no longer a sex-kick.

His PKT/PKT2? C'est magnifique!

Editz:

Also: uggggghhhhh @ Lucas's new aerials
10waahhhIdon'twannalearnnewthingsandchangemywholeentireplaystyles

AlsoAlso: Snake is the ****ing BUSINESS!!!!!! AHHHHH YES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom