• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It was terrible in vBrawl as well. Any move that gets you punished for landing it and does nothing than annoy is horrible.
lmao

lrn2bulletseed

Or don't, since you probably don't play vBrawl.

Seriously, bullet seed is an amazing move and one of Ivy's best tools in Brawl. Moves with invincible startup are always good, especially when odds are if they DI the initial hit they're too far away to punish.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felidae

"Felidae is the biological family of the cats..."

You novice.
Try clicking on cats and then come back.

And you said my analogy was wrong cause humans and gorillas were part of the same family, while the same thing applies to cats and lions, so now you're contradicting yourself.

This whole conversation is a semantics argument and really doesn't belong here. One of you is using "cats" to strictly apply to domesticated cats, and the other wants to apply it liberally to anything that is cat-like. Neither of you is wrong (or right), so you should either get back to the gameplay part of wherever this discussion came from and move on, or just plain move on.
If calling something cat-like a cat isn't wrong, then that something wouldn't be cat-like, it would be a cat.
And this whole thing came from talking about Kirby's size compared to Fox's, so I don't think it's worth going back to that.
I'd rather just move on.

erbanez

Smash Apprentice
Ivysaur was always my favorite of the pokemon trainer's pokemon, nice to see him played fast, Melee styled. Thanks for showing me, PEEF!

MaxThunder

PM Support
damn i wanna see fast ivy... ... ... peef you gonna stream this weekend?... i'm going home so i'll be able to watch streams!...

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So as the new Brwal characters stand as I can tell would this be fairly accurate:

Diddy - seem to want to preserve his brawl playstyle on Banana game, otherwise seems relitvly untouched
Wario - looks fairly close to being complete
Toon Link - experimental
Pit - experimental
ROB- looks fairly close to being complete
MK - experimental
DDD -relativly untouched
Olimar -relitively untouched
Wolf - experimental
Squirtle - looks fairly close to being complete
Ivysaur - experimental
Charizard - looks fairly close to being complete
Lucario - looks fairly close to being ccomplete
Lucas - experimental
Ike - looks fairly close to being complete
Snake - looks fairly close to being complete
Sonic - looks fairly close to being complete

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
So as the new Brwal characters stand as I can tell would this be fairly accurate:

Diddy - seem to want to preserve his brawl playstyle on Banana game, otherwise seems relitvly untouched
Toon Link - experimental
Pit - experimental
MK - experimental
DDD -relativly untouched
Wolf - experimental
Ivysaur - experimental
Lucas - experimental
I don't know that Squirtle looks relatively close to being complete. seems more experimental. Also I can see Sonic going through more changes due to the recent vocal displeasure with his playstyle (although I think hit and run fits the character best, and melee has enough agressive pressure characters)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I dunno, when I see Dark Sonic play sonic I'm convinced someone who knows what they're doing can beast with him.

As for squrtle other then down B which they seem to be experimenting with, the rest of him looks solid.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace

Toon Link - experimental
Pit - experimental
MK - experimental
DDD -relativly untouched
Wolf - experimental
Ivysaur - experimental
Lucas - experimental
DDD loked pretty good to me. he didn't need too many changes. we just need someone to realy play DDD so we can see his playstyle more. Wolf looks close to done. just minor KB changes and he's done in my book.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm actually hoping they didn't change Sonic too much from the demo. I experimented a lot with him and I think he's one of those characters that can just be amazing once they learn how to apply everything about him but will take a while to develop. The only change I would appreciate is maybe better kill setups instead of having to rely so much on gimps.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm actually hoping they didn't change Sonic too much from the demo. I experimented a lot with him and I think he's one of those characters that can just be amazing once they learn how to apply everything about him but will take a while to develop. The only change I would appreciate is maybe better kill setups instead of having to rely so much on gimps.
Sonic is not great. lol

He's not even very good.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The worst characters that have had any significant work done to them and have been shown publicly to an extent right now are probably in order from worst to not so worst, Sonic, Snake, and Ike. But only Sonic is like, bad bad. The other two are "bad" in the Smash64 "C-tier is worst" sense.

iLink

Smash Champion
Sonic is not great. lol

He's not even very good.
It's posts like these that make me question if they know how he even works.

I wish I could record some stuff now but I can't find my disk to install pinnacle lol

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
play more sanic games so you can stop thinking this.

any sanic fan knows that hit and run is the most non-sanic attribute that exists.
Every fight a boss in a proper Sonic game? It's all about running around and dodging attacks then curling up into a ball and striking when theres an opening, bouncing off and running some more. Even in the newer games, Sonic uses the homing attack, which is in it's very nature hit and run as it bounces off opponents, allowing sonic to make a quick attack then get away. (first you say NO, then you get out of there :p) Sonic is about momentum based platforming, and enemies are only really there to potentially stop your momentum. I've rarely if ever seen Sonic get all "up close and personal" with an enemy (except when he went werehog and the less remembered about that the better), and don't tell me Sonic Battle or any other crappy modern spinoff as evidence.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Every fight a boss in a proper Sonic game? It's all about running around and dodging attacks then curling up into a ball and striking when theres an opening, bouncing off and running some more. Even in the newer games, Sonic uses the homing attack, which is in it's very nature hit and run as it bounces off opponents, allowing sonic to make a quick attack then get away. (first you say NO, then you get out of there :p) Sonic is about momentum based platforming, and enemies are only really there to potentially stop your momentum. I've rarely if ever seen Sonic get all "up close and personal" with an enemy (except when he went werehog and the less remembered about that the better), and don't tell me Sonic Battle or any other crappy modern spinoff as evidence.
That's what every boss fight is in every game ever.

444 posts

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
That's what every boss fight is in every game ever.

444 posts
True, but regardless, Sonic games have always been more about running than fighting. Sonic should spend a lot of time on the battlefield dashing and the only playstyle I can think of that promotes this is hit and run.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Try clicking on cats and then come back.

And you said my analogy was wrong cause humans and gorillas were part of the same family, while the same thing applies to cats and lions, so now you're contradicting yourself.

If calling something cat-like a cat isn't wrong, then that something wouldn't be cat-like, it would be a cat.
And this whole thing came from talking about Kirby's size compared to Fox's, so I don't think it's worth going back to that.
I'd rather just move on.
Yes, I've read the cats article already. You didn't specify what to read, though; that's not a good sign of your credibility. The page should be titled "Domestic Cats," and I'll ask the editors to make it so. The first paragraph explains that they're also called domestic cats to distinguish them from other felines. What's the point of distinguishing them if, according to you, said other felines aren't cats? In fact, it's the least specific cat article on Wikipedia; even the feline page plainly states that members of the felidae family are cats.

It's incredibly ignorant of you to assume that I'm contradicting myself by saying that gorillas aren't humans, because the cases are different. While all cats are members of the cat family (hence the name), humans and gorillas are in different branches of the ape family.

Felidae Family (Cat)
Felis (Domestic Cats and Close Wild Relatives)
Panthera (Lions, Tigers, Jaguars, Leopards)
Puma (Cougars)

Hominidae Subfamily (Ape)
Hominini (Humans and Chimpanzees)
Gorillini (Gorillas)

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Yes, I've read the cats article already. You didn't specify what to read, though; that's not a good sign of your credibility. The page should be titled "Domestic Cats," and I'll ask the editors to make it so. The first paragraph explains that they're also called domestic cats to distinguish them from other felines. What's the point of distinguishing them if, according to you, said other felines aren't cats? In fact, it's the least specific cat article on Wikipedia; even the feline page plainly states that members of the felidae family are cats.

It's incredibly ignorant of you to assume that I'm contradicting myself by saying that gorillas aren't humans, because the cases are different. While all cats are members of the cat family (hence the name), humans and gorillas are in different branches of the ape family.

Felidae Family (Cat)
Felis (Domestic Cats and Close Wild Relatives)
Panthera (Lions, Tigers, Jaguars, Leopards)
Puma (Cougars)

Hominidae Subfamily (Ape)
Hominini (Humans and Chimpanzees)
Gorillini (Gorillas)
Cats are stupid, lazy creatures. Dogs are much better. /argumentinvalid

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Reward of an infraction for the next person to mention anything about cats or gorillas (excluding DK).

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
upB is total garbage, worst recovery move ever. Give the penguin a warp star, like anything is better then that garbage, frick just give DDD 7 jumps and call it good enough, and make upB some hammer time attack.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
I think DeDeDe's Side-B and Up-B are topics worth discussing.
my only issue with side b is that the wadle Dees end up so far away from DDD that its hard to keep them on stage long enough to use them, especially on small stages. he should have the option of throwing them more verticle or horizontal. that would be great.

Its hard to tell but is his supper armor gone from the start up of his up b?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
^^haha but srsly

Up B sux, like just don't go near him or hang on the ledge and wait, he has 2 options land on the ground, which is super puinshable, or cancel into freefall, which is just as punishable.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
well he does jump like 5 times in the air so his special jump should be somewhat punishable. I do think that if he cancels into free fall he shouldn't have any landing lag.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
well he does jump like 5 times in the air so his special jump should be somewhat punishable. I do think that if he cancels into free fall he shouldn't have any landing lag.
Gravity, from what i've seen, ****'s him over in P:M so that those 5 jumps cover minimal distance. See kids don't get fat.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
if he just had his armor and no endlag on free fall landing up b would be fine. Its actually kinda like kirbys up b except you can change direction and its slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom