• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's at 1.5% atm. It was 3% for a while until we realized it was a little silly.
Amsah got a JV5 on someone with it lol

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Did you not just watch the stream. This is currently implemented at 1% I believe. It was more before but there is still the chance that it will be removed entirely in the final version.
No I didn't quite catch it. I had **** to do.:glare:

I R MarF

Smash Ace
A crucial option you're given when you miss a tech is the ability to do a get-up attack. If your opponent is going for grabs off of a tech-chase (such as a Sheik), you could purposely miss a tech so that they whiff a grab while you're on the ground and then you can possibly get-up attack to regain some momentum. Of course, this is a very risky option because if they use any other option when you miss a tech such as a dash attack, FTilt, USmash, etc., you will get hit and combo'd as though you teched in place (assuming they timed it properly).

A more useful place to miss techs is when getting "platform-chased," in which you are sent onto a platform in the middle of a combo (which I consider different from tech-chasing since it's not on the same plane). For example, when a Fox uses UThrow on a fastfaller (let's say Falco) at high %s below a platform, there's a high chance that the Falco will be able to tech onto the platform and avoid the incoming UAir. However, most Fox players have adapted to this and are now wavelanding onto the platform and following the tech with an USmash. Falco can prevent this by missing the tech and doing the get-up attack as Fox wavelands onto the platform.
Well, if the Shiek and Fox reacts quick enough (for instance, if they don't hear the distinct teching noise) they could simply run up to the opponent and put up their shield. If they decide to get up attack, they get shield grabbed, if they get up roll, they could WD out of shield and punish them. Also Fox can easily usmash out of shield. So while not teching serves as a potential tech chase mix-up, get up attacks aren't really a "crucial" option since appropriate shielding is almost a guaranteed punish to miss techs.

@Marf:

It does to an extent of: didnt know you could lcancel vs do know you can lcancel. That, and isnt the drill shine just Dair > Shine? You can do that in Barlw lol

Regardless, I guess that scenario would be a case by case basis, like what combinations / techniques specifically need Lcancel to be powerful?
Metroid basically said what i was going to say anyway (in fact, he proved my point further), but i'd also like to add that shine is ridiculously fast (comes out on frame 1) and in order to exploit that speed there should be some kind of execution barrier.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can't react that fast to punish ground roll OoS. stop playing super theory bros

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Can't react that fast to punish ground roll OoS. stop playing super theory bros
You definitely could on platforms if your initial placement is correct or characters with excellent WDs. You should also try and be more mature for the sake of PMBR's rep. It gives everyone here a bad message when they have a unprofessionial, sarcastic playtester answering questions on the board.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
You definitely could on platforms if your initial placement is correct or characters with excellent WDs. You should also try and be more mature for the sake of PMBR's rep. It gives everyone here a bad message when they have a unprofessionial, sarcastic playtester answering questions on the board.
They're not professionals, they're human, and they're answering questions.

Also, you can definitely punish ground rolls OOS...you just need to read them and be there before they are/have a character with an awesome wavedash/be chasing after a character with a mad slow roll.

Or like Marf said, be on a platform. But rolling on platforms is bad, so it won't happen usually.
-DD

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So..... is it possible to make kirbies model smaller? Was just ****ing around in melee and realized in melee kirby is like bigger then fox, but like twice as light lol. If kirbies so light he should at least be hard to hit., like squirtle.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
So..... is it possible to make kirbies model smaller? Was just ****ing around in melee and realized in melee kirby is like bigger then fox, but like twice as light lol. If kirbies so light he should at least be hard to hit., like squirtle.
well its like a balloon vs a cat. the cat gona win. claws and laser or what ever

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
I have a suggestion for sonic, about his side. What if you make it able to cancel with another side b or an aerial at any point????

something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Rf_n1DrfY
i like this idea but he just shouldn't be able to do side b that many times in the air. One side b to side b cancel would be good enough between jumps, landing on the ground and being hit or whatever can reset the cancel stat.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Wow. I missed a lot.

Anyway, the flash on an l-cancel is good to have. My brother is slowly-but-surely learning how to l-cancel, and it helps me personally with visual cues. ...and I support l-canceling in its entirety.

Ecks

Smash Lord
lol I'll admit I don't know much about foxes.

What I'll never understand is why Metroid carries a humanoid robot woman inside of him. Maybe that's his wife, whom he refuses to let outside because of the insane danger he faces?

cmart

Smash Lord
lol I'll admit I don't know much about foxes.

What I'll never understand is why Metroid carries a humanoid robot woman inside of him. Maybe that's his wife, whom he refuses to let outside because of the insane danger he faces?
kk that one finally got me to lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm having an IU Smashfest tonight (prolly just the 3 best of us). I plan to play almost exclusively Ivy! I'm excited.

iLink

Smash Champion
Aren't lions and tigers actually cats?

I'm actually not sure how cats were even brought into this discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom