• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
To be honest thuogh, some things such as grabbing the edge backwards just havnt been fixed yet and i think are planned to go. Being able to grab the ledge backwards from an airdodge etc just makes the game easier which is not what i want
I thought backward edge grab was left in intentionally, but they haven't figured out how to make it so you don't grab the ledge from 10 meters away. I usually don't end up backwards so I don't really mind if it stays or not.

:phone:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Although I just introduced it to them a couple days ago, reaction from Melee players up here in Alaska has been very positive so far actually, after I explained landing detection to them at least. So far they don't really want to try any new characters and just stick to the Melee top tiers though, probably because they are interested in nitpicking any differences. Luckily I can explain that it's just a demo and that most of the things they complain about will be fixed.
The peach mains are restless though.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Toon link is in no way close to finalized, but his grounded burning arrows do not deal any stun or flinch to the player right now. A potentially cool, but ultimately gratuitous feature in the face of his already over the top projectile game.

crush

Smash Master
Although I just introduced it to them a couple days ago, reaction from Melee players up here in Alaska has been very positive so far actually, after I explained landing detection to them at least. So far they don't really want to try any new characters and just stick to the Melee top tiers though, probably because they are interested in nitpicking any differences. Luckily I can explain that it's just a demo and that most of the things they complain about will be fixed.
The peach mains are restless though.
peaches turnips are really weird :/

iLink

Smash Champion
The response to p:m here is generally positive but just about everyone can't be bothered caring about it atm due to how outdated the demo is and how few characters there are since there's no playtesters.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
You could put demo Lucas in the Genesis build from the demo build and then make him accessible through CSS editing, but I couldn't care any less about Lucas, all I want is Ness back :ness:
^This. PLEASE give us access to Ness (not trying to be annoying about the patch). I'm absolutely dying to play him.

Oh wow, you go to Case, Shell? That's really impressive.

Do you do any of the Melee stuff around the Cleveland area as well?
There's an actual tourney scene there? Case just moved up in my schools list.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I wonder if there're any other Melee Ness mains playing Project M, it's getting lonely over here.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Next release should def have Ness. I'm also dying to play the boy.

Crush, how does he feel different? I know he can play different, but shouldn't he have the same Melee feel like Link and other reworked characters do?

crush

Smash Master
Next release should def have Ness. I'm also dying to play the boy.

Crush, how does he feel different? I know he can play different, but shouldn't he have the same Melee feel like Link and other reworked characters do?

he feels way more floaty (his DJ especially). other than that i really like him

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Cleveland has a very small smash scene. I wouldn't raise it in any personal smash-school ranking. My advice is to not worry about the smash scene of your prospective college and just choose based upon academics and economics... you'll probably find (or create!) a minimal scene just about anywhere.

Also Ness had his gravity, like everyone else, ported from Melee.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Cleveland itself is kind of small... but NEOH (as we call it) has probably the most active Melee scene in Ohio. Not that that's really saying much.

VaNs and them play at least once a week somewhere in the area, iirc. Not sure if SHeLL or Falco have hit them up at any time though.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
he feels way more floaty (his DJ especially). other than that i really like him
I don't agree. I've played alot of ness in P:M and Melee and he feels way faster / less floaty in P:M. If you don't believe me, watch the replay of my streams. I played alot of ness there and you can see for yourself

humble

Smash Ace
How does Toon Link's new moving up-B interact with edges? That is, can you slide off a ledge while performing it, or do you stick to the stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom