• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I can tolerate all the changes, but the grounded sideb just gets to me, what's with the angle in that thing?

Still, I think Lucas was fine, but the slower PK Freeze is a good thing since it makes him less campy.

Could anyone please point out a few specific features that Ness has?
Off the top of my head:
64 Dair.
Faster aerial PK Fire (maybe grounded too, not sure).
Reworked PK Flash (Faster, more maneuverable, slightly less damage & KB)
Optional DJC.

That's all I can say for sure. I wouldn't doubt some behind the scenes hitbox/knockback/damage adjustments as well, but no guarantees.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Off the top of my head:
64 Dair.
Faster aerial PK Fire (maybe grounded too, not sure).
Reworked PK Flash (Faster, more maneuverable, slightly less damage & KB)
Optional DJC.

That's all I can say for sure. I wouldn't doubt some behind the scenes hitbox/knockback/damage adjustments as well, but no guarantees.
To add to that:
New f-tilt
No more bouncing off walls with pk-thunder 2 (Lucas got this as well)
Pk-thunder 2 has more range than Brawl and Melee. Not sure how long it actually is.
I think I aerial Pk-fire can ground cancel.
The yo-yo is actually useful. Can be used for edge guarding too.
Melee F-smash is back BTW

There's probably some more minor stuff.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
PK Flash moves like Lucas's vBrawl PK Freeze. At least that's how it was last time they mentioned it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just noticed when watching one of Sneak's recorded streams. Just forgot to edit my post.

And NeoZ is right. PK Fire detonates on shields now.

Edit: So why was the move removed? Because he doesn't need it (which he doesn't IMO)?

:phone:

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^have you ever hit someone right in front of you and then failed to do anything cause of the landing lag?... that's really anoying...

Theoretically, if PKF detonates on shields, DJCPKF -> land cancel should be fairly safe against shield grabbers. Well, if they aren't Bowser.

Not exactly the new pillar or anything, but it could be useful in a pinch.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Old response but just going to answer better.

Also, how is Peach coming along? Haven't heard much about her.
Well her animations aren't exactly like Melee (which I hope they don't.) She looked like a robot.

Her dsmash is like in Melee now so prepare for a brick in your Wii. Her DJ is fixed, albeit the animation is faster. Peach Bomber actually has an explosion though people much prefer her hearts. Her utilt was not changed from what I know and is still Brawl. This is not saying it doesn't have the power of the move, I'm just speaking it has the same animation.

Other things like her turnips bouncing off shields isn't implemented from what I know. Other than that she's pretty damn good if you know how to play as her. If only Armada played P:M.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad that there's lots of focus on all characters, rather than top tiers. Makes this a lot more exciting.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Top tiers require less focus if anything. There's less development that needs to take place, and more raw emulation.

So yeah, we think about low tiers in Project M development more than the characters who were already amazing. They have a developed metagame that has proven extremely effective in competitive play.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I got to play Project M for the first time this morning :D :D :D

I didn't get too many matches actually, because the tournament was big and they needed to take the TV for Melee doubles. But I mainly focused my time on Wario. His side-B is wonderful as I expected, his dair is really cool with the meteor and the bounce, and his bair is surprisingly useful. He has some of the most fun combos I've ever done. After only a few matches I was already getting into and and keeping up with my opponents, and sometimes I'd do an awesome combo that made me feel badass for pulling it off. It's great seeing Brawl characters finally being able to do real combos (and even greater being the person doing them). And I even won a few matches, which goes to show what you can pull off in a game where combos and skill help you win. Of course now I'm sad that I won't be able to keep playing it, but I'll try to go to other tournaments that have a PMBR member in attendance.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I mean, I've already posted 341 times in this topic, so it was only a matter of time before I got to try it myself. I've been hyped for Wario since the very second that you added his shoulder dash.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
All this talk of getting to play PM makes me wonder.... are there any PMBR members or people with the game in TN or AL? It's getting really sad how far away I would have to go....

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
I got to play Project M for the first time this morning :D :D :D

I didn't get too many matches actually, because the tournament was big and they needed to take the TV for Melee doubles. But I mainly focused my time on Wario. His side-B is wonderful as I expected, his dair is really cool with the meteor and the bounce, and his bair is surprisingly useful. He has some of the most fun combos I've ever done. After only a few matches I was already getting into and and keeping up with my opponents, and sometimes I'd do an awesome combo that made me feel badass for pulling it off. It's great seeing Brawl characters finally being able to do real combos (and even greater being the person doing them). And I even won a few matches, which goes to show what you can pull off in a game where combos and skill help you win. Of course now I'm sad that I won't be able to keep playing it, but I'll try to go to other tournaments that have a PMBR member in attendance.
How close to Melee did it feel?

Top tiers require less focus if anything. There's less development that needs to take place, and more raw emulation.

So yeah, we think about low tiers in Project M development more than the characters who were already amazing. They have a developed metagame that has proven extremely effective in competitive play.
Excellent. I liked playing Melee against people way better than me, but didn't feel interested in going to tourneys, largely because of tiers. I may get more into PM, though. I wonder if you guys are open to discuss Mario, more. As much as I love the Melee version, there's one thing I never quite liked about him. ; O

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
All this talk of getting to play PM makes me wonder.... are there any PMBR members or people with the game in TN or AL? It's getting really sad how far away I would have to go....
you have to cross some states? I live in another country... wich barely knows how to speak english, and a few know about P:M ... I just hope the next patch/release/lolo is able to play with charizard or link with LD fixed, comes b4 my b-day in december...

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
You guys really need to get a PM rep in the chicago area... one of the biggest cities, and metropolitan areas in the US and no PM to be found. fix it. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom