• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
BTW for anyone planning on going to The Big House, the possibility of ST and I bringing PM if we go is small. Just wanted to let you guys know.

crush

Smash Master
I'd need to hire someone to babysit you :/
... why???

That reminds me one time like two years ago my mom and dad were doing something for like the whole night so I had TWO babysitters and I was like "mom you know I don't need babysitters ever im 10 years old why now I can handle things on my own ill eat greek yogurt etc" but she was just like "lol can't hear you have a good night bye" and I pretty much got irl trolled (that was like the second time in my life I had a babysitter one when i was like 4 especially not TWO)

:phone:

ValTroX

Smash Ace
... why???

That reminds me one time like two years ago my mom and dad were doing something for like the whole night so I had TWO babysitters and I was like "mom you know I don't need babysitters ever im 10 years old why now I can handle things on my own ill eat greek yogurt etc" but she was just like "lol can't hear you have a good night bye" and I pretty much got irl trolled (that was like the second time in my life I had a babysitter one when i was like 4 especially not TWO)

My 2 cents are because you're 12 years old? :)

Ecks

Smash Lord
I never imagined there were people so young in this thread. Guess I just figured mostly everyone had been playing Melee for 10 years already.

Ecks

Smash Lord
@Ecks, I've been playing melee for around 4 years or so. I only wish I had started melee and going to tournaments sooner. lol

Well I learned about competitive Melee like in 06 but it seemed like too much work and I never thought I could be that good anyway. I started playing competitively after I played Brawl (back in 08) and decided to not do that anymore.

I've been playing smash since like 98 or 99 though. I was like 7 back then. Teh memories!

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Any news on the characters? i missed like the last 7 streams. Last thing i remember was that metaknight was supposed to getting his attacks fix, and his ground attacks were working like aerial attacks.

I heard that toonlink was giving link's "64" smash attack, and sdoom was now animation for the project as well.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
What's the progress of the clone engine? Can you add in new characters yet?
Well since Dant left to work on other things and Phantom Wings left theres very very rare chance that this will be done. :( So basically there is a chance but its very very slim.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
aaanyways.....brought up wall-jumping a while back but never really understood why u guys see it fit to keep them as they are. Aside from them looking bad/dull, especially for characters like ZSS that have a "foward leaping animation" yet you are moving backwards??, I feel that being able to freely move without the need of an aerial gives wall-jumping an "edge" that is unneeded.

(idk maybe u guys don't see it as a big deal but meh, i'm nitpicky like that....plz reconsider)

EDIT: also about "jumping from the ledge", I noticed the timings widely vary for characters, and ironically slower chars. like Bowser/Ganon have almost instant animations while some faster chars. have slower animations. Are you guys gonna touch these at all?
(as you already know) it's and alternative to "ledge hopping" that also introduces alot of new shenanigans so i feel they should be tweaked accordingly.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Are you suggesting that they remove wall jumping?

And what do you mean leaping forwards but moving backwards?

Rikana

Smash Champion
@hotdogturtle: I think he means the brawl walljump animations look very sloppy.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I always found something odd about Brawl wall jumps. Can't quite put my finger on it...

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Are you suggesting that they remove wall jumping?

And what do you mean leaping forwards but moving backwards?
lol no, not to remove walljumps. simply to revert them to how they worked in Melee. In Melee you had to do an aerial to be able to scar jump. In Brawl/P:M you don't....so you can freely move back towards the stage while in the "walljumping animation" which IMO looks silly. But thats just the aesthetic part. my main grudge with it, is making the offstage game easier than it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom